OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Pathetic Steelers

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
I've watched the guy a lot. I think this organization can really take their time and develop him, tweak some things, and we could have a real good prospect on our hands. He has football intangibles. Strong arm, high football IQ, has been a team leader for 4 years at Oklahoma, won a ton, and is said to be very mature.

I was calling for a QB, and Landry Jones in particular in the middle rounds. I'm very happy. I'm actually very happy with this whole draft. Jarvis Jones and Thomas make us a ton tougher. Those guys will knock some heads off. Wheaton sounds like a great mixture of Brown and Wallace. Now hopefully he can produce like those guys have. The only pick I wasn't huge on was Bell. What I do like about Bell is he plays the game a lot like how we are all accustomed to. He's straight down him, hard to take down, fights for yards, and always falls forward. We'll see how it works out with him.

I agree with all of this. We are going to regret Bell over Lacy. The only thing that I can think is that they need someone from day one and fear Lacy because of the hamstring will not contribute right away. That is very short term thinking. Bell looked very meh in films that I saw.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Glad Lattimore got picked. And funny they have Frank Gore who has went through what Lattimore did.

Crafton

Liver-Eating Johnson
May 6, 2010
San Francisco
love what my hometown team is doing. Patton and Lattimore in the fourth! but that is a butt-load of RBs: Gore, Anthony Dixon, Kendall Hunter, LeMichael James...

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
Obviously pissed Simon went to the ****ing Ravens. I guess since the Steelers were going for "high character" guys, Simon being one the biggest just wasn't good enough for them in the 4th. Ravens thought otherwise. Simon is a person not player, this team needed. Hope he has a long successful career in the NFL.

Alesle

Jan 5, 2008
Oslo, Norway
I'm actually very happy with this whole draft. Jarvis Jones and Thomas make us a ton tougher. Those guys will knock some heads off. Wheaton sounds like a great mixture of Brown and Wallace. Now hopefully he can produce like those guys have. The only pick I wasn't huge on was Bell. What I do like about Bell is he plays the game a lot like how we are all accustomed to. He's straight down him, hard to take down, fights for yards, and always falls forward. We'll see how it works out with him.

With the injury concerns for Lacey, Bell might actually be the best RB in this draft. I'm not worried about that pick.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
I'm not worried about it either. I wasn't a huge fan of any back in this draft. Bell will be serviceable.

sniugneP

Jun 28, 2008
love what my hometown team is doing. Patton and Lattimore in the fourth! but that is a butt-load of RBs: Gore, Anthony Dixon, Kendall Hunter, LeMichael James...

I like all players Niners drafted except Reid. I thought it's a reach pick.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
With the injury concerns for Lacey, Bell might actually be the best RB in this draft. I'm not worried about that pick.

A couple of people told me his line was garbage and teams keyed on him because he was their offense. He put up around 1800 yards even with all that agt him..

I just watched footage on him, which means I have no idea what I'm talking about, but if he can keep the offense in manageable D&D, convert short yardage and run tough on the goal line, I'll be happy.

Crafton

Liver-Eating Johnson
May 6, 2010
San Francisco
I like all players Niners drafted except Reid. I thought it's a reach pick.

second year in a row i've felt that they reached in the first round. but i guess it's alright because they've been hitting on a lot of the other picks. eventually that kind of thing catches up with you. and of course, they really needed to replace Dashon Goldson.

sniugneP

Jun 28, 2008
Interesting facts from Bouchette.

Ben Roethlisberger's sister was in the wedding of new #Steelers rookie QB Landry Jones. Carlee R. good friends with Jones' wife, Whitney

The wife of new #Steelers QB Landry Jones was drafted higher than he.. Went in 3rd round of WNBA draft to San Antonio Silver Stars

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Reddick may fall into our laps. Good value at this point in the draft as a mike LB

SuburbanRhythm

WorldClassJagoff
May 6, 2002
Pittsburgh
Visit site
When it's a player I've never, ever seen before, I read CBS's analysis

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1664261/terry-hawthorne

STRENGTHS: Good height and frame for the position. Excellent athlete with more than enough speed for the position. Fluid footwork and smooth hip action to quickly change directions. Nice job reading and reacting in a flash to jump routes and make a play on the ball. Rangy with the make-up speed to recover and close. Physical in run support and doesn't shy from contact. Aggressive competitor and doesn't back down from a challenge. Versatile and a quick learner. Some experience as a return man on special teams

Sounds like the same guys they take every year in the 3rd-6th rounds. Here's to another Allen or Lewis, and not a Brown or Ricky Colclough

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad