OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Pathetic Steelers

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
I personally love the Landry Jones pick. He's an ideal developmental guy. Great pick. He has raw football skill...he just needs time.

AgentM

Jan 4, 2008
Allison Park, PA
They say he is no good under pressure (out of the pocket). We'll see I guess. Don't really like the value in that pick. Hope I'm wrong.

Yeah he can't scramble at all. Hope all of those offensive lineman that we've picked pan out so that he won't have to in the future.

Hopefully he becomes a good backup, we haven't had one that could stay healthy in a while

brewski420

Sep 29, 2009
Ohio
I personally love the Landry Jones pick. He's an ideal developmental guy. Great pick. He has raw football skill...he just needs time.

I tend to agree. He will not play much if at all the next couple years. Let him develop and learn . His natural ability that he showed as a sophomore might just come out in right situation with an organization like the Steelers. Could be boom or could be a bust pick. Worth the gamble IMO.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Trent Dilfer just said that Landry Jones' 2012 season was much more on Oklahoma than Jones, and that he wouldn't even use Jones' 2012 tape to set any sort of opinion on him.

Jones was Polian's #1 QB on the board.

AgentM

Jan 4, 2008
Allison Park, PA
Trent Dilfer just said that Landry Jones' 2012 season was much more on Oklahoma than Jones, and that he wouldn't even use Jones' 2012 tape to set any sort of opinion on him.

Jones was Polian's #1 QB on the board.

Just saw that. Dilfer hated Oklahoma's play calling/receivers/lack of TE/and how they took him out in the red zone for Bell-dozer.

Between Dilfer and Polian I'm feeling a lot better about this pick. Hope you're right that he's a 'steel' (teehee) JTG!

sniugneP

Jun 28, 2008
I remember after Jones' sophomore year, some people talk about a potential first round pick for Jones.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
I've watched the guy a lot. I think this organization can really take their time and develop him, tweak some things, and we could have a real good prospect on our hands. He has football intangibles. Strong arm, high football IQ, has been a team leader for 4 years at Oklahoma, won a ton, and is said to be very mature.

I was calling for a QB, and Landry Jones in particular in the middle rounds. I'm very happy. I'm actually very happy with this whole draft. Jarvis Jones and Thomas make us a ton tougher. Those guys will knock some heads off. Wheaton sounds like a great mixture of Brown and Wallace. Now hopefully he can produce like those guys have. The only pick I wasn't huge on was Bell. What I do like about Bell is he plays the game a lot like how we are all accustomed to. He's straight down him, hard to take down, fights for yards, and always falls forward. We'll see how it works out with him.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
I'd like to see us take Simon so EOL's wet dream can come to fruition.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Landry Jones set a Big 10 record at Oklahoma. Oh, Mike...haha

AgentM

Jan 4, 2008
Allison Park, PA
I've watched the guy a lot. I think this organization can really take their time and develop him, tweak some things, and we could have a real good prospect on our hands. He has football intangibles. Strong arm, high football IQ, has been a team leader for 4 years at Oklahoma, won a ton, and is said to be very mature.

I was calling for a QB, and Landry Jones in particular in the middle rounds. I'm very happy. I'm actually very happy with this whole draft. Jarvis Jones and Thomas make us a ton tougher. Those guys will knock some heads off. Wheaton sounds like a great mixture of Brown and Wallace. Now hopefully he can produce like those guys have. The only pick I wasn't huge on was Bell. What I do like about Bell is he plays the game a lot like how we are all accustomed to. He's straight down him, hard to take down, fights for yards, and always falls forward. We'll see how it works out with him.

Kid has the talent and will get the time to learn as you said. At the very least I love having rookie QB's because I get more excited for preseason games :laugh:

I'd like to see us take Simon so EOL's wet dream can come to fruition.

He'd be a great backup and special teamer at the very least. Love his all out effort every play, but I'm not sure if he's fast enough to be an OLB or big enough to be a DE in the 3-4. I'd consider him in the 5th if he's still there and would definitely take him in the 6th if he hasn't gone by then.

Landry Jones set a Big 10 record at Oklahoma. Oh, Mike...haha

Hey it's not Mike's fault that the Big 10 has 12 (going on 14) teams, it's easy to get confused haha

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Watch Simon turn into Kruger, and EOL comes and burns Heinz Field down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad