OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Pathetic Steelers

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

sniugneP

Jun 28, 2008
I could listen to Keith Butler talk all day. He was yapping about how he wanted to go LB in the 1st and 2nd round. I think he'd go LB every round if he had his way. :laugh: I remember when he said he was standing on the table in the war room lobbying for Hightower last year.

The negative that came out of that interview is that it sounds like Spence is nowhere near ready. Butler said it would be miraculous if Spence can even come back after next year and be ready for 2014-15. He said the Steelers are going to keep him around another year though and hope he recovers.

Too bad about Spence. It doesn't sound like he will be playing football again.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Too bad about Spence. It doesn't sound like he will be playing football again.

Ya I heard what Butler said. I guess this may be an Elnardo Webster injury situation.

Really pisses me off. Spence could of really changed the dynamic of this defense with the way he could turn and run with TEs and cover flares, screens, outlets, etc.

****ing depressing losing such a talented guy like that.

Snooki Stackhouse

Dec 6, 2007
Pittsburgh
How does a rookie ever play again after missing two full seasons? Maybe a veteran guy could come back from that, but not a guy who's never played an nfl game. Spence is done for good.

UnrealMachine

Jul 9, 2012
Pittsburgh, USA
Willis McGahee had to sit out the entire 1st season after tearing his ACL, MCL, PCL. Since his injury occurred in Jan., he had almost 20 months to rehab it and gain back his strength to resume football. Spence will have had only 12 months by the time the season starts and perhaps that is simply not enough time to heal from the surgeries, complete rehab, and then gain back the strength/conditioning necessary to play in the NFL?

sniugneP

Jun 28, 2008
Willis McGahee had to sit out the entire 1st season after tearing his ACL, MCL, PCL. Since his injury occurred in Jan., he had almost 20 months to rehab it and gain back his strength to resume football. Spence will have had only 12 months by the time the season starts and perhaps that is simply not enough time to heal from the surgeries, complete rehab, and then gain back the strength/conditioning necessary to play in the NFL?

Spence has damaged peroneal nerve behind his knee. It weakened his muscles in his leg. It causes foot drop.

sniugneP

Jun 28, 2008
I just realize that Steelers didn't draft an offensive lineman this year. It means they're happy with their offensive line.

sniugneP

Jun 28, 2008
Steelers signed 15 undrafted free agents.

They include defensive end Brian Arnfelt (Northwestern), linebacker Alan Baxter (Northern Illinois), guard Nik Embernate (San Diego State), wide receiver Reggie Dunn(Utah), offensive tackle Mike Farrell (Penn State), offensive tackle Mike Golic, Jr. (Notre Dame), defensive end Cordian Hagans (Louisiana-Lafayette), guard Chris Hubbard (UAB), defensive tackle Omar Hunter (Florida), long snapper Luke Ingram (Hawaii), center Joe Madsen (West Virginia), running back Curtis McNeal (USC), center Ivory Wade (Baylor), defensive tackle Anthony Rashad White (Michigan State) and wide receiver J.D. Woods (West Virginia).

Oxide

Jan 17, 2010
Pittsburgh
Steelers signed 15 undrafted free agents.

They include defensive end Brian Arnfelt (Northwestern), linebacker Alan Baxter (Northern Illinois), guard Nik Embernate (San Diego State), wide receiver Reggie Dunn(Utah), offensive tackle Mike Farrell (Penn State), offensive tackle Mike Golic, Jr. (Notre Dame), defensive end Cordian Hagans (Louisiana-Lafayette), guard Chris Hubbard (UAB), defensive tackle Omar Hunter (Florida), long snapper Luke Ingram (Hawaii), center Joe Madsen (West Virginia), running back Curtis McNeal (USC), center Ivory Wade (Baylor), defensive tackle Anthony Rashad White (Michigan State) and wide receiver J.D. Woods (West Virginia).

So we got Mike Golic's son.

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
O-Lineman Nik Embernate was a pre-draft visitor.

WR Reggie Dunn is fast. He ran a 4.24 at his pro day. He was never a full time starter even in college though so he's probably more of a speedy returner.

Mike Golic Jr. is an interesting pickup just because of his famous dad.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Golic may stick if he can find a way to be that swing guy. He's smart enough...him being good enough is another story.

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
Why the Steelers passed on Eddie Lacy.

One reason the Steelers passed on Eddie Lacy is a toe injury the Alabama halfback has had. One team source said the Steelers would not touch Lacy because his big toe had been fused.
There has been concern about injuries to Lacy’s hamstring and what has been reported as turf toe, but nothing’s been reported about a fusion. Either way, teams did stay away from Lacy – considered by many the best talent at halfback in the draft -- until Green Bay made him the fourth back drafted with the 29th pick in the second round.

http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/...20958-ed-lacys-toe-injury-scared-off-steelers

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
A couple very rare things happened in this draft. The Steelers trading a future draft pick. Last time they did that was 1974. A Browns/Steelers trade is even more rare. Last time that happened was 1968.

sniugneP

Jun 28, 2008
Keith Butler was lobbying hard for Arthur Brown in second round. It that happened, Bell probably gone by Steelers' third round pick.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
A couple very rare things happened in this draft. The Steelers trading a future draft pick. Last time they did that was 1974. A Browns/Steelers trade is even more rare. Last time that happened was 1968.

Interesting.....good stuff Captain.

brewski420

Sep 29, 2009
Ohio
Andrew Taglianetti ‏@Andrew_Tags 13h
I have been given an opportunity with the Pittsburgh Steelers. It's just an opportunity but I'm really fortunate and excited

Anybody know what this is about?

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Here is a vid I came across of Bell. While it is obviously not like watching game footage, it does show off his quick feet and athletic ability:

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Did Tags graduate already? Time flies.

I really hope he does well. Him and Henry Hynoski have been two of my favorite Panthers in the recent memory.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Here is a vid I came across of Bell. While it is obviously not like watching game footage, it does show off his quick feet and athletic ability:

I'm not a pro football scout, but it seems like a lot of those highlights are him getting around the corner, but he doesn't seem to be terribly fast; i.e., not fast enough to do it in the pros.

Should be interesting to see how it plays out.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Any time I think about speed, I think about Curtis Martin. You want to talk about slow?

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
I'm not a pro football scout, but it seems like a lot of those highlights are him getting around the corner, but he doesn't seem to be terribly fast; i.e., not fast enough to do it in the pros.

Should be interesting to see how it plays out.

I read that is the knock on him, that he needs to run inside like he is 245 and he won't catch the edge in the NFL.

Who knows.

I do know that a 245 lb back shouldn't have feet like that, so he does have potential. I think he is down to 230 now, but was playing at 245.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
If Bell can make a living between the tackles like C-Mart did, then we'll be happy. That assumes, of course, his offensive line can play together for more than, say, two or three series before suffering a string of season-ending injuries.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
If Bell can make a living between the tackles like C-Mart did, then we'll be happy. That assumes, of course, his offensive line can play together for more than, say, two or three series before suffering a string of season-ending injuries.

Or I could win the lottery by playing the numbers on the back of my fortune cookie...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad