OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Doritos Bowl Match Up - Taylor Swift vs San Andreas Fault

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

mynameisnick4

Jan 18, 2012
Pittsburgh
Honestly. These playoffs will have only emboldened Tomlin’s philosophy.

KC is going to the SB after scoring 17 points in the conference championship game and has leaned on thier running game and defense all season.

And the four teams that are in the conference championship games were ranked 3,4,5 & 8th in YPC.

Don’t get me wrong. They still have Mahomes. But this season and playoffs is especially because of thier defense.
A philosophy based solely on the other team melting down and playing terrible? You know now that I think about it, that pretty much was the Steelers path to wins this season. You may be right.

Everyone ready for all the "IS TAYLOR SWIFT GOING TO MAKE IT TO THE SUPER BOWL IN TIME??!??!?!??!" talk the next two weeks. It's going to be so much fun.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Honestly. These playoffs will have only emboldened Tomlin’s philosophy.

KC is going to the SB after scoring 17 points in the conference championship game and has leaned on thier running game and defense all season.

And the four teams that are in the conference championship games were ranked 3,4,5 & 8th in YPC.

Don’t get me wrong. They still have Mahomes. But this season and playoffs is especially because of thier defense.
The Lions, 49ers, and Chiefs were #2, #4, and #6 respectively in passing yards, though. Ravens were #21, but are obviously a little bit unique with Jackson.

The take away should be that you need balance because a) you need to be unpredictable and b) you never know what you're going to have to lean on to win any specific game.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Shaftception

Apr 6, 2011
Hopefully the Steelers were planning on interviewing someone off this Lions offensive staff once the playoffs end because they're putting on a clinic right now.

If things hold up, the Super Bowl could end up a rematch of the first game of the season, hopefully with the same result.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
The thing about Smith isn't that he's a bad OC, it's that his work has been done in an offensive style that I consider to be low ceiling in this NFL. I don't want to be the next team to try and see whether having the league's best rushing offence and an average passing offence makes for a SB winner. I don't like the odds of that. It's probably going to win a bunch of regular season games, but to me that's a very mixed blessing. I'd rather support an up and down team than a team that is just stuck in the middle with false hope and no real chance of making it a real game against a real team.

I.e. Now.

ZorkEnchanter

Aug 16, 2020
Hopefully the Steelers were planning on interviewing someone off this Lions offensive staff once the playoffs end because they're putting on a clinic right now.

If things hold up, the Super Bowl could end up a rematch of the first game of the season, hopefully with the same result.

We need a balanced offense that can run and pass... as someone said above. Look at Detroit passing attack and look what they switched to when 49ers tried taking away the pass.

If that were us... we'd do the same thing over and over like run into a stacked line while our players ask the coaches, "Uh, you know they are stacking the line and this will never work..."

Shaftception

Apr 6, 2011
Uh...so I just came back to the game, what the hell happened? Forget what I said earlier I guess, getting shut out the second half, what a choke this is looking like.

And the 49ers just put it in the endzone again, yikes. Back to hoping we pull from the shanahan tree again I guess.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
I was looking at some Lion fan sites and I guess Cameron Sutton stunk for them this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad