OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: 2022 Handball season has arrived!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I think the Bears have lost every game since they traded for Claypool, that’s hilarious :laugh:

As of right now, I’d guess the Steelers will end up with picks around 12, 35, 44 and 76 in the first 3 rounds. I would be interested in exploring how far you could move up with a package of 12 and 76, they really need to get an OL in this draft and moving up from like 12 to 7 or 8 may be the difference between getting an OL or not.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
I just keep wondering what kind of culture allows a player to feel brazen enough to do the single dumbest non-play I’ve ever seen.

Imagine being a nothing special teams dude and feeling like you could pull that shit.

What does that say about the culture of accountability in that locker room?

Did anybody ask Tomlin about this? Would love to heat what bullshit justification he came up with for this one.

I stand corrected:

If anyone has notice Smith-Shuster who was a total clown here- haven't heard one thing about him doing his usual antics in KC. Reid probably layed the law down when he got there.

Josey Wales

May 16, 2022
If anyone has notice Smith-Shuster who was a total clown here- haven't heard one thing about him doing his usual antics in KC. Reid probably layed the law down when he got there.
Where is Poor little Rich kid Fart Rooney to ask Tomlin when are you going to lay the law down on these Idiotic penalties & why haven't you done sooo yet

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
So… I need the Steelers to win this weekend. Is there an application or petition I need to sign to be a temporary Steeler fan or is there any kind of initiation I have to go through?

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
TJ has been a shell of his former self since returning. He must not be fully healed.
Torn pecs have ended careers. I find it personally shocking how fast TJ came back.

If Skoronski is there in the first they have to take him
Without question. He's a no brainer pick. Best case is a franchise LT. Worst case is a franchise LG. He's a great lineman.

That’s old school.

Yesterday I pretended like I didn’t get my wife’s text to bring her up scissors for wrapping gifts.

Trick is to see it on my lock screen and not open messages so she can see I read it.
Turn your phone on to airplane mode before opening it, read it, then set it to unread.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Without question. He's a no brainer pick. Best case is a franchise LT. Worst case is a franchise LG. He's a great lineman.

The interesting thing with him is that he's projected to go in the 11-13 range in every single mock draft I've seen, which is almost definitely where the Steelers 1st will end up at.

It seems like the Steelers will be able to grab one of Paris Jr or Skoronski, even if they have to trade up a few spots to ensure they grab one of them. They're probably going to finish 7-10 this year, which should have them at around the 12th overall pick.

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
The interesting thing with him is that he's projected to go in the 11-13 range in every single mock draft I've seen, which is almost definitely where the Steelers 1st will end up at.

It seems like the Steelers will be able to grab one of Paris Jr or Skoronski, even if they have to trade up a few spots to ensure they grab one of them. They're probably going to finish 7-10 this year, which should have them at around the 12th overall pick.

I'm telling you, it's gonna be Joey Porter's kid. They will find a way to nab him

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Canada will be back, Tomlin will be back, all of the town idiot assistants will be back.

Winning some games (against horrible teams) will fool pea brain Rooney and some of the fans into believing we are better than we really are.

Tomlin is fortunate that we played the NFC South this season.

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
Canada will be back, Tomlin will be back, all of the town idiot assistants will be back.

Winning some games (against horrible teams) will fool pea brain Rooney and some of the fans into believing we are better than we really are.

Your NFC South Champion, Pittsburgh Steelers

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
Wow I never ever thought id see the day.

Hey @Mr Jiggyfly , our boy is growing up.
No i lost a bet doesn’t mean I really believe it. Once I figure out how to make the avatar and up load it i will put as my picture on here.

Well next year they play afc south not much better. Especially if Tennessee moves on from Tanahill and the colts are stuck with Ryan. Plus the 4th place AFC West East and Nfc north so thats the Jets broncos and bears

Goalie_Bob

1992 Vezina (2nd)
Dec 30, 2005
Pittsburgh
If Skoronski is there in the first they have to take him
I'm telling you, it's gonna be Joey Porter's kid. They will find a way to nab him

I don’t have a problem with a shutdown corner. They need one desperately. IMO, more than they need a LT.

My question for the PSU fans, is Joey Porter Jr a shutdown corner? Other than OSU, are there any decent WR in the Big Ten. And how does he do against the OSU receivers?

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
I don’t have a problem with a shutdown corner. They need one desperately. IMO, more than they need a LT.

My question for the PSU fans, is Joey Porter Jr a shutdown corner? Other than OSU, are there any decent WR in the Big Ten. And how does he do against the OSU receivers?
So this year Purdue probably had the 2nd best passing attack we faced and they just stopped throwing his way. He wasn’t asked to travel so OSU decided to have Harrison line up wherever he wasn’t. He is strictly a m2m corner and can be handsy. He loves to tackle in run support

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
So this year Purdue probably had the 2nd best passing attack we faced and they just stopped throwing his way. He wasn’t asked to travel so OSU decided to have Harrison line up wherever he wasn’t. He is strictly a m2m corner and can be handsy. He loves to tackle in run support
Too many words, no changed avatar?

• Haha
Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

JTG

Sep 30, 2007

If this front office wanted to retool the offensive line, I like this draft a lot. As I've said before, if we can come away with one of Skoronski, Johnson, or Jones, I'm happy. Some really intriguing guys may be there in the 2nd or 3rd too. Matt Bergeron from Syracuse is a good player.

In terms of interior guys - Joe Tippmann from Wisconsin is a guy I think they should look really hard at. He's a physical freak AND he's massive for the C position. I think he'd be a great pulling guard. For whatever reason he's had a meh career at Wisconsin. Zach Frazier from WVU is a really solid interior player and I think he could be one of those guys who has a really long career in the NFL, may not necessarily get any accolades, but he sticks around for 15 years. One of the guys I'm not incredibly sold on and he may very well end up here is Dawand Jones. Look like Tarzan, play like Jane, IMO.

I'd love to see us land Mazi Smith, Siaki Ika, or Keeanu Benton. We need that force in the middle of our defensive line, and to be honest, Smith and Ika both have the traits to be a Ngata type of DL where they can play nose or DE.

I like the middle rounds of this draft a lot.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Ya or Watt, Miller etc.

They also have an extra second to help jump into the top ten if they want.

I’m done worrying about it. Hopefully KP is back and if they win out cool.

Teams with bad records that finish out strong have a history of carrying that into the next season.
I highly doubt that this team is much better than mediocre next season.

One reasons why I am rooting for losses.

They are a rebuilding team. The sooner they embrace that the sooner they will emerge as legit contenders again.

And I have legitimacy to be rooting for losses more than most. My family are season ticket holders since 1972. Four seats. Every single year. Half of a century.

So I have skin in the game and still root for losses as I put logic over heart.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
I highly doubt that this team is much better than mediocre next season.

One reasons why I am rooting for losses.

They are a rebuilding team. The sooner they embrace that the sooner they will emerge as legit contenders again.

And I have legitimacy to be rooting for losses more than most. My family are season ticket holders since 1972. Four seats. Every single year. Half of a century.

So I have skin in the game and still root for losses as I put logic over heart.

I’m not rooting for them to win, it’s just the Tomlin way of being mediocre, so it’s inevitable how this ends.

I’d love to see KP have 3 great games to end the season, but the D gives up a winning FG at the end to lose each time.

I’m just not wasting my time worrying about it anymore. Tomlin is the master of mediocrity, so why expect anything different?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad