OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: 2022 Handball season has arrived!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
I fully expect it to be a ghost town in the stadium.

Not just Pittsburgh but the other 2 games as well. Arizona may draw more than other games on Xmas day because it's a night game. Idk though.

I'm old enough to remember weekends falling on Xmas time and attendances for NFL games not being an issue. But we live in different times I guess.

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
Remember that Jags game. Between being hungover from a wedding the previous night, the cold, the idiot in front of me trying to start fights the whole game, a dude relentlessly trying to buy my Heath Miller jersey at halftime, and getting torched and losing to Blake Bortles, I can say it was probably the least enjoyable Steelers game I’ve yet attended

Reactions: Night Shift

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
Tomlin is such a disciplinarian

PITTSBURGH -- Maybe it's not the story Pittsburgh Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin would like to reach the masses, but according to one report, he didn't do much disciplining after linebacker Marcus Allen's costly penalty in Week 15.

Allen was flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct after entering a Panthers huddle on their own sideline while both teams were setting up for a punt. The penalty gave Carolina a first down, and occurred after back-to-back sacks, eventually leading to a field goal.

After the game, Tomlin said he did not see what happened but described the penalty in three words.

"It's three points."

According to Pittsburgh Post Gazette's Ray Fittapaldo, Tomlin wasn't too angry after the play.

https://www.si.com/nfl/steelers/news/pi ... tid=Zxz2cZ

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
Dejan, when asked if there was any explanation for Allen’s actions, said that basically he wasn’t surprised that Allen acted like a “dope”, because he always acts like a dope. On the field, off the field, in the locker room. No one ever noticed before because he’s pretty much insignificant

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida

PITTSBURGH -- Maybe it's not the story Pittsburgh Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin would like to reach the masses, but according to one report, he didn't do much disciplining after linebacker Marcus Allen's costly penalty in Week 15.

Allen was flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct after entering a Panthers huddle on their own sideline while both teams were setting up for a punt. The penalty gave Carolina a first down, and occurred after back-to-back sacks, eventually leading to a field goal.

After the game, Tomlin said he did not see what happened but described the penalty in three words.

"It's three points."

According to Pittsburgh Post Gazette's Ray Fittapaldo, Tomlin wasn't too angry after the play.

This as the other reason why people don't want to attend games after 16 years of putting up with his arrogant shtick @Goalie_Bob :dunno:

Last edited:
Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

since70

Sep 27, 2016
He didn't see the play? No assistant coaches saw the play? That stupidity should have been handled right on the field. You're done for the day Allen. The locker room is that way, and you better be there when the game is over, because you need to apologize to the team for costing points, and keeping the defense on the field unnecessarily, thankfully, no one was injured due to your ridiculous "me" moment.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
He didn't see the play? No assistant coaches saw the play? That stupidity should have been handled right on the field. You're done for the day Allen. The locker room is that way, and you better be there when the game is over, because you need to apologize to the team for costing points, and keeping the defense on the field unnecessarily, thankfully, no one was injured due to your ridiculous "me" moment.

I mean everyone here knows how much I hate Tomlin because I've been outspoken about it for years.

But if this doesn't make me more infuriated (yet proving why I hate him) and those that defend him finally open their eyes.. Idk.

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021

"It's only 3 points"

I hope someone reminds Tomlin of that when he elects every field goal the rest of the season. I mean if "it's only 3 points", then why not go for it vs kick?

since70

Sep 27, 2016
The "it's 3 points" answer is absolutely ridiculous, it's easy to say that in hindsight, because you won. Tomlin is an awful game day coach, and it's been magnified due to him having terrible assistant coaches. I swear he must be listening to his game day Spotify list on the sidelines, or his how to say nothing and use the most words doing it self help messages, cause obviously no one is telling him what's going on during the game.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
He knows he has a life time job with no repercussions, therefore knows he can get away with being an entitled arrogant pos.

That's why I don't agree with Rooney's hard core stance with loyalty or dying on someone's hill no matter what. Tomlin hasn't given much reason to deserve this tenure.

Reactions: edog37
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire

"It's three points."

He shouldn’t of played another down after that bullshit. But Tomlin gonna Tomlin

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida

Crazy eyes could care less.

images

MrBrightside

May 5, 2010
Franklin Park, PA
Woodson would never return punts in this era. Way too much risk involved.

CB is probably the most pressing need but DL and ILB are close. I wouldn’t use a top 10-15 pick on the latter positions but not sure an elite CB will be left when they draft either.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I've seen a few mock drafts put Kelee Ringo and Joey Porter Jr in at around 12-14. I think it could be possible.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
I'm starting to get in hockey mode now, Thank god for Mike Sullivan, like a breath of fresh air. My kind of coach... I'm done looking at Tomlins ugly mug for this year. Next year 17 **** years of him repeating himself. And Rooney's end of year PC standing there like Leslie Neilson "EVERY THING IS FINE !!!!!!!"

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
Yeah, RIP Franco.

That's a tough one. The Steelers have had a few tough losses over the past few years with Kevin Greene, Tunch Ilkin etc. Guys I watched or heard about all the time as a kid and their losses hit pretty hard.

I get what people are saying that the environment against Oakland celebrating the 50th anniversary of the immaculate reception won't be "fun" without Franco there but I think the fans and organization will still make this a very special and memorable night.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018

This game was supposed to be a fun environment. Now it’s just going to be depressing.
Really sad. I was in Pittsburgh and attended the game in 3 rivers stadium that Franco Harris and Jack Lambert got their hall of fame rings. That was a great day.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Harris lived a good and charmed life and from all accounts was a true gentleman with a kind soul.

He died in his sleep apparently, which is how I always wanted to go.

That how my maternal great grandmother mother went. She cooked a big Thanksgiving meal, celebrated with her family, laid down and never woke up the next day.

She never suffered from cancer, stroke, Alzheimer’s etc like most of my other loved ones and it seems Franco had the same good fortune.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Harris lived a good and charmed life and from all accounts was a true gentleman with a kind soul.

I can vouch for this. In the 80s my aunt went to work for a family friend who ran an exercise equipment shop on the north side. (It was at the bottom of Federal Street and what stands there now is a baseball park.)

Many Steelers players and retired players bought stuff from the business and a couple became first-name basis acquaintances of my aunt, who would tell me to stop by if she knew someone, especially Franco, was coming by on a given day.

Franco’s soft-spoken nature may have hidden a desire to be great on the field but off the field he was every bit the kind, gentle man he seemed to be. Somewhere I have a 5x7 he signed for me one of the times I met him. And a few years later, when I was working at the store myself in summers and holidays between college, I helped deliver and install a treadmill to his home over in the Mexican War Streets.

Reactions: td_ice
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad