OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: 2022 Handball season has arrived!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Barely got that onside kick even though the Panthers only had like a .5% chance of recovering…the odds are that bad, but then again so are the Steelers

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Mitch is our best QB when he's not throwing 3 int.

Trubisky's performance today was worse than all 4 of Pickett's performances since the bye week. Didn't you post that the offense ran better with Trubisky than Pickett last week?

I really don't get how there are still Trubisky truthers at this point. I had no issues with him at all today, but I'm not going to act like he's somehow better than Pickett because he managed to now throw 3 interceptions in a game against a bad team.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Trubisky's performance today was worse than all 4 of Pickett's performances since the bye week. Didn't you post that the offense ran better with Trubisky than Pickett last week?

I really don't get how there are still Trubisky truthers at this point. I had no issues with him at all today, but I'm not going to act like he's somehow better than Pickett because he managed to now throw 3 interceptions in a game against a bad team.

MT basically mirrored KP’s last couple performances. Efficient, not taking any big risks, no turnovers.

This is now what their winning formula looks like: Qb making enough plays, no hero ball, protecting the ball. Run the ball well. D stopping the run.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
MT basically mirrored KP’s last couple performances. Efficient, not taking any big risks, no turnovers.

This is now what their winning formula looks like: Qb making enough plays, no hero ball, protecting the ball. Run the ball well. D stopping the run.

Yeah I agree, he was perfectly fine. I just don't see what he did today as a justification to come in and say "See? Trubisky is better than Pickett".

Reactions: Goalie_Bob

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Yeah I agree, he was perfectly fine. I just don't see what he did today as a justification to come in and say "See? Trubisky is better than Pickett".

What was the word you used - ‘galaxy brains’?

MT wasn’t making huge chunk plays like last week now that he was playing risk adverse football.

Again most NFL QBs can toss for a few hundred yards if they are playing hero ball and throwing multiple picks.

Only the elite guys can do that without turning the ball over consistently.

MT has shown us he isn’t that type of guy over and over.

Reactions: Empoleon8771

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
It’s possible when you have a terrible coaching staff lol…
Ben has been talking about for a while this isn’t on the coach this is on the guy under center. When you get to the line and see GP one on one you throw it to him regardless of progressions.

I wouldn’t expect this org to go Miami or anything.

However, it’s hard to watch their rare chance at getting a high pick fade away just for Tomlin to brag about being mediocre for the last decade.
I think the bears pick is house money and if there’s someone they really want they will trade up from the 2nd to the 1st. Tomlin can’t ever draft a chase young since he doesn’t lose enough his words

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Ben has been talking about for a while this isn’t on the coach this is on the guy under center. When you get to the line and see GP one on one you throw it to him regardless of progressions.

I think the bears pick is house money and if there’s someone they really want they will trade up from the 2nd to the 1st. Tomlin can’t ever draft a chase young since he doesn’t lose enough his words

We’ll see how they use the extra second.

Have to see how the draft shapes up but I’d like to see them move their own second and move up in the draft.

People will split off about Bush, but I’ll just say Polo and Holmes.

Colonel Mustard

Dec 26, 2017
This is really turning out to be the worst of both worlds. Pickett isn't getting reps, and we are winning and letting draft position slip away.
At least some of the teams below them picked up a few wins today. They have, however moved to 14 now

Goalie_Bob

1992 Vezina (2nd)
Dec 30, 2005
Pittsburgh
It’s his job to win so I get his side, but it really blows as a a fan watching potential impact players that could help for years slip away.

They have shown they can get impact players at lower draft positions than where they will end up.

It’s way more important to pick the right players than where they draft. Examples, Faneca or DeCastro vs Bush or Jones

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
They have shown they can get impact players at higher draft positions than where they will end up.

It’s way more important to pick the right players than where they draft. Examples, Faneca or DeCastro vs Bush or Jones

Ya or Watt, Miller etc.

They also have an extra second to help jump into the top ten if they want.

I’m done worrying about it. Hopefully KP is back and if they win out cool.

Teams with bad records that finish out strong have a history of carrying that into the next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad