OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: 2022 Handball season has arrived!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Granted SF has a ton of talent around him and TB sucks, but he’s balling out here.

SF has talent, and they have a coach that will get the most out of him.

Currently sitting with the 13th pick. We're not gonna get very high up there.

Yeah, I think we are about as high as we are going to get at this point. 10-15.

At this point they should go heavy in the trenches on both sides.

Agree completely. I would flood the system with linemen and let things sort themselves out.

Brock Purdy for SF is looking pretty damn solid. He was Mr. Irrelevant from the draft and he’s current up 21-0 on TB halfway through the 2nd quarter.

Granted SF has a ton of talent around him and TB sucks, but he’s balling out here.

He can throw the ball. I get why these air raid type QBs drop in the draft, but where the NFL is going now, those guys coming from those systems in college aren't nearly as high risk as they used to be.

Reactions: Andy99

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Panthers ran all over Seahawks with 225 yards tonight.

At 5-8, they are only a game out of first now in NFC South (no I’m not joking). If they win out, they take the division.

Needless to say, they will be quite motivated when Steelers come for a visit.

So much for the cakewalk game some thought it would be next week.

Last edited:

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Currently sitting with the 13th pick. We're not gonna get very high up there.

It all depends because they play three teams ahead of them in the draft order in Cle, Raiders and Panthers.

Losing to those teams could possibly flip them into the top ten.

Not much chance to be in the top five anymore though.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019

At 5-8, they are only a game out of first now in NFC South (no I’m not joking). If they win out, they take the division.

Smith had 3 tds and 240 yards the 2 interceptions were killer. They definitely run the ball a ton and limit darnold potental turnovers like we do with KP

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Steelers once again shit the bed in the third with zero points today.

That’s now 22 points in 13 games or 1.7 points per.
Smith had 3 tds and 240 yards the 2 interceptions were killer. They definitely run the ball a ton and limit darnold potental turnovers like we do with KP

If MT doesn’t stop throwing off his back foot, he will throw a couple more picks agt Carolina.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018

Current Space: $20M
Cut ($37M) : Trubisky ($8M), Jackson III ($12.75M), Witherspoon ($4M), Gunner ($2M), Jack ($8M), Killebrew ($2M)
Restructure ($15M): Heyward, Watt, Okorafor, Daniels
Trade (+$4.6M): Diontae Johnson for 2nd + 5th round pick

Total Space: $77M

Re-sign ($45M for 10 players): Rudolph, Sims, Hassenauer, Wormley, Ogunjobi, Bush, Malik Reed, Edmunds, Kazee, Sutton

Net cap for FA: $32M
Picks: 1st, 3 2nds, 3rd, 4th, etc.

Reactions: Colonel Mustard

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019

Current Space: $20M
Cut ($37M) : Trubisky ($8M), Jackson III ($12.75M), Witherspoon ($4M), Gunner ($2M), Jack ($8M), Killebrew ($2M)
Restructure ($15M): Heyward, Watt, Okorafor, Daniels
Trade (+$4.6M): Diontae Johnson for 2nd + 5th round pick

Total Space: $77M

Re-sign ($45M for 10 players): Rudolph, Sims, Hassenauer, Wormley, Ogunjobi, Bush, Malik Reed, Edmunds, Kazee, Sutton

Net cap for FA: $32M
Picks: 1st, 3 2nds, 3rd, 4th, etc.
Larry is going to want 3-40 like he got pre injury Sutton is going to want minimum 4:24 that Cincinnati gace hilton and Edmunds is going to want 2/24 bell gets from Cincinnati.
I can’t see Mason coming beck at any price definitely interested in what they decide on DJ

wheelz87

LGP
Jun 28, 2011
Pittsburgh

Can easily see Carolina replicating that same rushing offense output against us, if not even more.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Can easily see Carolina replicating that same rushing offense output against us, if not even more.

Likely. Darnold has been quietly efficient in their last couple of games and managed the passing game well.

KP likely won’t play and if he does I suspect will have a shitty game since he just had his dome egged.

It’s a Tomlin team so who knows what to expect. Probably a win since it feels like a loss.

If someone told me last night they would lose to a third string UD rookie FA QB today, I’d probably have believed it.

That’s the kind of confidence Tomlin inspires in me.

Steelers will likely win agt Carolina (they just will), lose to the Raiders, beat Ravens with Jackson, and shit the bed the final game agt Cleveland.

Smells like what Tomlin is gonna cook up.

Reactions: wheelz87

Honour Over Glory

Blomqvist for Vezina + ROTY
Jan 30, 2012
Trubitchsky sucks so f***ing hard. They could have tried Rudy for a shot in the arm and nah, what a bunch of f***ing clowns.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Trubitchsky sucks so f***ing hard. They could have tried Rudy for a shot in the arm and nah, what a bunch of f***ing clowns.

Common sense dictates Tomlin sits KP since this is his second concussion.

Then give Rudy the nod because MT basically cost them the game.

Would make too much sense though.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Just noticed that with the loss today, Tomlin will now fail to reach double digit wins for the fourth time in five years.

Never even knew it was that bad until I glanced at the year by year standings.

That’s even more pathetic than I ever realized.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Larry is going to want 3-40 like he got pre injury Sutton is going to want minimum 4:24 that Cincinnati gace hilton and Edmunds is going to want 2/24 bell gets from Cincinnati.
I can’t see Mason coming beck at any price definitely interested in what they decide on DJ
I don't think Ogunjobi nor Edmunds get near the $ figures you are quoting. Even if they did it is back loaded and I had $45M/10 players. $4.5M average. Some higher, some lower.

If we are going with Pickett full stop next year, I see no reason we wouldn't offer Rudy a backup job. And he should realize this would give him the best chance at 2nd string. If he leaves, whatever. We can locate the backup scrap heap too.

If we trade Diontae, it is crucial that we bring back Sims and have a good read on CAIII's health. I probably hold out for a 2nd + regardless.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
I don't think Ogunjobi nor Edmunds get near the $ figures you are quoting. Even if they did it is back loaded and I had $45M/10 players. $4.5M average. Some higher, some lower.

If we are going with Pickett full stop next year, I see no reason we wouldn't offer Rudy a backup job. And he should realize this would give him the best chance at 2nd string. If he leaves, whatever. We can locate the backup scrap heap too.

If we trade Diontae, it is crucial that we bring back Sims and have a good read on CAIII's health. I probably hold out for a 2nd + regardless.
Why would Rudolph even bother though since they already made him Qb3 and he didn’t even really get to compete for the back up job this season

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Why would Rudolph even bother though since they already made him Qb3 and he didn’t even really get to compete for the back up job this season
I don't want to overly fixate on this. It is way less important substantively than 8 other positions on the team. Like DL, MLB, CB, WR, LT, LG.

But the Steelers happened to have a free agent they liked and then they happened to have a draft pick they liked both at the QB position. If they knew they were taking Pickett, they probably wouldn't have signed Trubisky. I think if/when they cut Trubisky, they go to Rudolph and assure him he is their backup.

But either way, I don't really care.

Honour Over Glory

Blomqvist for Vezina + ROTY
Jan 30, 2012
Trubisky was terrific outside of 3 horrendous plays.

There was a lot of good today. But the bad was just killer.
The problem with Mitch is the horrendous plays always follows him each game. He’s gonna give you a nice few drives and then shit all over it.

Common sense dictates Tomlin sits KP since this is his second concussion.

Then give Rudy the nod because MT basically cost them the game.

Would make too much sense though.
Tomlin is a mental moron. Logic never penetrates that idiot’s thought process.

Then he goes his D wore down. Duh. The way he plays them, he wears them down so badly they’re always missing a ton of games.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
The problem with Mitch is the horrendous plays always follows him each game. He’s gonna give you a nice few drives and then shit all over it.

Tomlin is a mental moron. Logic never penetrates that idiot’s thought process.

Then he goes his D wore down. Duh. The way he plays them, he wears them down so badly they’re always missing a ton of games.

Tomlin just makes shit up and the media is too stupid to question it.

The D wore down is such a lame excuse,

They got gashed for like 130 in the first half. Were they worn down by the first couple quarters?

They got manhandled all game, but Tomlin thinks ‘worn down’ makes it sound better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad