OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: 2022 Handball season has arrived!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Some guys that could be there at 13:

Antonio Johnson - CB - Texas A&M
Gervon Dexter - DT - Florida
Jaxon Smith-Njigba - WR - Ohio State
Peter Skoronski - OT - Northwestern

I'd personally go with Skoronski. I know earlier in the season he had the highest pass blocking grade PFF ever gave out to a lineman. I just think he's a safe pick. His ceiling is a Pro Bowl LT. His floor is a Pro Bowl guard. Either way he moves the needle for us.

And for the draft junkies - there are a few interactive mock drafts up. I know PFF just posted their 7 rounder recently.

Honour Over Glory

Blomqvist for Vezina + ROTY
Jan 30, 2012
He wasn't active.
I know. I think it’s funny though, Mitch has gotten more chances than Rudy has and I’m not saying Rudy should be a starter but playing him makes it easier to deal him. They want to try Mitch so much so it works as a back up option but it’s been shit. He’s not reliable and he’s been given so many chances with 3 teams and this season.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
If baby hands is out Sunday, you have to try Rudolph.

When is Danny Smith’s contract up? When can we “fire” him? We might need to move on from him worse than dumb **** Tomlin and Canada.

Pengwins

Jun 13, 2017
So if we lose once more then Tomlin defenders can't use the "no losing season" excuse
Only 1 losing season derp!

Seriously though, just look at Philly. They won the SB recently and have an entirely new staff now and are the top team in the league. Fire Tomlin!

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
I'd personally go with Skoronski. I know earlier in the season he had the highest pass blocking grade PFF ever gave out to a lineman. I just think he's a safe pick. His ceiling is a Pro Bowl LT. His floor is a Pro Bowl guard. Either way he moves the needle for us.

And for the draft junkies - there are a few interactive mock drafts up. I know PFF just posted their 7 rounder recently.

Of those four he's probably BPA. Would definitely be satisfied with that pick

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
I’m just glad tubby Colbert won’t be involved with this team this off season. That’s a huge win.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
I don’t think any teams will be hiring Flores after the season.
Nobody is hiring him while he is still suing the league. Its in both parties best interest to stick together next year then in 24 he gets a Hc gig the Steelers get draft picks

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
Only 1 losing season derp!

Seriously though, just look at Philly. They won the SB recently and have an entirely new staff now and are the top team in the league. Fire Tomlin!
Just took a 4-11-1 season and their Qb making huge jump to mvp. The 1st 1000 yard rusher and receiving since 2014. I am for Brian Johnson the Qb coach taking over for Canada or slowik the 49ers passing game cordinator

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
I mean we hired him…
Yeah how would it look it the team who is responsible for the rooney rule and has the most tenor black head coach who is safe in his job didn’t
The league already agreed the Dolphins tanked even though it was a joke the owner didn’t mean it lol.

Hockeygod66

Mar 25, 2007
A fish rots from the head down. Little Art does not have what it takes to turn this around. All he had to do was not wreck the Ferrari his dad gave him, and he turned it right into the jersey barrier.

This organization is too concerned with being a family and not concerned enough with results. My opinion of Art will change when he has to make his first difficult decision, and the decision he has to make isn't all that difficult.
He's made multiple decisions one including sitting down with AB and letting him clown on him. Junior's a f***ing dipshit and the steelers are in for some serious dark times.

Reactions: Pens x

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
Tomlin obviously stays but I don't see how we don't sweep out the coordinators and redo the coaching tree.

-Canada, everyone knows is bad.
-Austin, you can't be this average with the highest paid D.

-Harvin, can we pick up a new punter? The guy is terrible and ranks at the bottom in Ave punt yardage...we know how important punting is with a stalling offense.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
Tomlin obviously stays but I don't see how we don't sweep out the coordinators and redo the coaching tree.

-Harvin, can we pick up a new punter? The guy is terrible and ranks at the bottom in Ave punt yardage...we know how important punting is with a stalling offense.
I love the highest paid defense argument. The 2 highest paid players missed games the 4th highest paid player larry O has been a huge disappointment. Yet the defense is playing well enough to lead this team to the playoffs.
The dolphins jets pats and bmore losses are all on the offense and crappy Qb play if they just flip 2 of them they are still the playoff picture.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
I love the highest paid defense argument. The 2 highest paid players missed games the 4th highest paid player larry O has been a huge disappointment. Yet the defense is playing well enough to lead this team to the playoffs.
The dolphins jets pats and bmore losses are all on the offense and crappy Qb play if they just flip 2 of them they are still the playoff picture.

Give me a f***ing break.

Cam and Fitz have missed a whopping combined two games.

A defense playing well enough for the playoffs wouldn't have one of the worst pass defenses in the league, and it certainly wouldn't let up 350+ yards on the ground in the last two games.

A playoff caliber D would have stopped the Ravens from running all over them when they had a QB in who makes Duck Hodges look like Dan Marino.

Their pass D is so bad, that even after playing agt a shitty backup and a guy who can't even throw a fwd pass, they are still ranked 24th.

So uh, other than not being able to stop the pass or the run, they are pretty awesome though.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
Give me a f***ing break.

Cam and Fitz have missed a whopping combined two games.

A defense playing well enough for the playoffs wouldn't have one of the worst pass defenses in the league, and it certainly wouldn't let up 350+ yards on the ground in the last two games.

A playoff caliber D would have stopped the Ravens from running all over them when they had a QB in who makes Duck Hodges look like Dan Marino.

Their pass D is so bad, that even after playing agt a shitty backup and a guy who can't even throw a fwd pass, they are still ranked 24th.

So uh, other than not being able to stop the pass or the run, they are pretty awesome though.
They are giving up less than 23 points a game and thats with the bills and Eagles beat down. Last year they gave 24 points a game teams are going to get yards its an offensive league with offensive rules
Minnesota is 10-3 and they have are 24th on points against
Teams like Miami Seattle Chargers Giants Tennessee have worst defenses and give up more yards per game and are the playoffs.
They definitely need to improve depth i am hoping Tennessee cuts bud he would be a great olb 3 here. I would love to bring in Payne and move Heyward to a rotation spot as he gets older but leal and Loudermouth need to make the next jump. We need a CB1 which they will draft in round 1 but with so many udfa they will retool the defense and upgrade depth this off season

Last edited:

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
They are giving up less than 23 points a game and thats with the bills and Eagles beat down. Last year they gave 24 points a game teams are going to get yards its an offensive league with offensive rules
Minnesota is 10-3 and they have are 24th on points against
Teams like Miami Seattle Chargers Giants Tennessee have worst defenses and give up more yards per game and are the playoffs.
They definitely need to improve depth i am hoping Tennessee cuts bud he would be a great olb 3 here. I would love to bring in Payne and move Heyward to a rotation spot as he gets older but leal and Loudermouth need to make the next jump. We need a CB1 which they will draft in round 1 but with so many udfa they will retool the defense and upgrade depth this off season

Minnesota is a paper champion so I wouldn’t be holding them up as some benchmark.

Score also isn’t always a good barometer as Sunday was a close game and the D couldn’t stop the Ravens with a QB who literally couldn’t throw more than 5 yard curls.

Steelers D has been mud stomped on the scoreboard every time they have went agt a playoff team, save Miami with Tua coming back from a concussion, and Ravens with dudes who can’t even throw the ball.

All the teams they held in check have terrible offenses - Bucs with Brady’s corpse, Falcons, Colts, Saints.

Put them agt any teams with a good QB and they are getting smashed.

Reactions: Goalie_Bob

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
same QB we would have drafted if not for the idiots like Tomlin running the show!
If you listen to Hurts he felt Tomlin was going to draft him in round 2 instead of Philly. We took Claypool could you imagine what 7 would have done if they did that. We know how 7 felt went they took mason in round 3. Tomlin wanted Lamar but Colbert gave 7 an extension after the Jacksonville playoff loss and called him the unquestioned leader of the locker room.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
Hurts wasn't even good until this year lol and Lamar is a trash QB that Tomlin would've have no clue how to make look semi-competent
Well one could argue since Tomlin is the one guy who has the most success against him he would know how to help him.
Yeah hurts made a huge jump under Brian Johnson which is why i have him on the shortlist to take over from Canada could see him be the Qb coach for us next year. Replace sullivan another guy i like is the passing coordinator from San Francisco bobby slowik

Goalie_Bob

1992 Vezina (2nd)
Dec 30, 2005
Pittsburgh
I don't think the Steelers could hire Johnson as the QB coach without paying the Eagles a draft pick, since it is not a step up for him, unless he is out of contract at the end of the season. Unless you meant as the OC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad