OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: 2022 Handball season has arrived!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
3 of the Steelers' wins this year were against teams in the division that literally doesn't have a team with a winning record.

There is not a qb on the roster that is going to make this team not shit.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
The problem with Mitch is the horrendous plays always follows him each game. He’s gonna give you a nice few drives and then shit all over it.

Tomlin is a mental moron. Logic never penetrates that idiot’s thought process.

Then he goes his D wore down. Duh. The way he plays them, he wears them down so badly they’re always missing a ton of games.

Tomlin just makes shit up and the media is too stupid to question it.

The D wore down is such a lame excuse,

They got gashed for like 130 in the first half. Were they worn down by the first couple quarters?

They got manhandled all game, but Tomlin thinks ‘worn down’ makes it sound better.

Not as bad as last year when he blamed the tie vs Detroit on the snow.

Detroit's a ****** dome team.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
3 of the Steelers' wins this year were against teams in the division that literally doesn't have a team with a winning record.

There is not a qb on the roster that is going to make this team not shit.
I think the QBs on this roster make most teams instant garbage.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
Or Bieniemy.. oh wait hes an offensive coach. Rooney's only go with Defense because that is some sort of magic bean recipe. :eyeroll:
He doesn’t even call plays for KC and has a checkered past theres a reason no one has hire him yet

Fire Tomlin, hire Ryans and you won’t have to worry about the Rooney rule.
Does Ryan bring warner Bosa with him if so sign me up

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
A fish rots from the head down. Little Art does not have what it takes to turn this around. All he had to do was not wreck the Ferrari his dad gave him, and he turned it right into the jersey barrier.

This organization is too concerned with being a family and not concerned enough with results. My opinion of Art will change when he has to make his first difficult decision, and the decision he has to make isn't all that difficult.

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
Art has already proven he won’t make the tough decision. He seems to have no interest in doing so and will happily print extensions without worry. If he cares about the legacy of his father, he should want to carry on the legacy of winning, not whatever this is

Reactions: Night Shift

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
So in terms of the draft, there is an outside chance that we will sneak into the top 10. We are currently at 13, and that's probably where we will end up. If we get much higher than 10, so crazy stuff happened in the next month. Houston is basically ticketed for the #1.

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
Guess you would know since you see them twice a year, he used to be highly regarded I thought not long ago.
He’s only regarded highly because he is the OC for Mahomes. But what people never talk about is how he doesn’t actually call the plays, Reid does. Bieniemy really doesn’t do anything for KC. They could let him go tomorrow and their offense wouldn’t be any worse.

Reactions: Night Shift

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
He’s only regarded highly because he is the OC for Mahomes. But what people never talk about is how he doesn’t actually call the plays, Reid does. Bieniemy really doesn’t do anything for KC. They could let him go tomorrow and their offense wouldn’t be any worse.

There's a reason Bienemy hasn't gotten an HC job to this point. Not every successful coordinator has the chops to be a head coach.

What's weird about this is he on a day to day basis surrounded by whom IMHO is one of the best HCs in the league. You would think (even if he is not calling plays) he has been learning something in all aspects from Reid.

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
Some guys that could be there at 13:

Antonio Johnson - CB - Texas A&M
Gervon Dexter - DT - Florida
Jaxon Smith-Njigba - WR - Ohio State
Peter Skoronski - OT - Northwestern

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Some guys that could be there at 13:

Antonio Johnson - CB - Texas A&M
Gervon Dexter - DT - Florida
Jaxon Smith-Njigba - WR - Ohio State
Peter Skoronski - OT - Northwestern
With this team’s recent early draft selections, you can eliminate Johnson, Dexter and Skoronski.

Goalie_Bob

1992 Vezina (2nd)
Dec 30, 2005
Pittsburgh
As much as I would like to see them move on from Tomlin, they aren't going to do it. They can't even fire assistant coaches, they just let their contracts end. They are too cheap to pay Tomlin 10 mil and then pay his assistants and then pay a new coach and his assistants.

I was thinkin yesterday before the game, how will the national media spin Tomlin getting 8 wins which means a losing season (not including the tie scenario). And my thought was they would say he has 8+ wins in every season as a coach, and leave it at that. But with the loss yesterday, and with Pickett maybe out, I believe that won't be an issue. A real possibility is them losing out and finishing 5-12. Even if they do, reviewing other team's schedules and the tie breakers, I believe the highest they can get up to in the draft is 4th, more likely would be 7th. Technically they can still finish with the worst record but I'm looking at it from a likely scenario point of view. In this scenario, Carolina, Cleveland and LV beat the Steelers and finish with a better record.

Houston, Chicago and Denver are locked into a lesser record than the Steelers. Denver can go 2-2 down the stretch and they would still get a higher pick due their lower strength of schedule. And Chicago's schedule down the stretch is brutal. This is how I see them finishing out.

Houston: 1-15-1
Chicago: 3-14
Denver: 4-13/5-12

LA Rams need to go 2-2 down the stretch to finish 6-11, so it's not crazy. Rams play GB, Denver, LA Chargers and Seattle. I figure they lose all games down the stretch or win one, which means the Lions get the 3rd or 4th pick, lol. and finish 4-13/5-12.

NO plays Atlanta, Cleveland, Philly and Carolina. So other than Philly, not murderers row. And Philly could clinch the #1 seed by winning the next two weeks. So, Atlanta beats NO, thus Atlanta finishes with a better record than the Steelers. Let's say 7-10. NO finishes the season 1-3 and thus has final record of 5-12. NO, finishes with a lesser record due to their lower strength of schedule.

Arizona plays Denver, Tampa Bay, Atlanta and San Francisco. Feels like they can win two of those games. If San Fran wins this week against Seattle they clinch the NFC West. But, eh let's say they don't, Arizona finishes 5-12.

Indianapolis, the great Jeff Saturday experiment. They play Minnesota, LA Chargers, NY Giants and Houston. The first three don't look good. But if they beat Houston, they finish with a better record. And I think they win one of the games for Coach Saturday, probably Houston. Thus they finish 5-11-1.

Green Bay's strength of schedule is decently higher than the Steelers. And if they lose, the SoS gets bigger, if they win just one game, they finish with a better record. Let's say they go 6-11.

Jacksonville is still battling for their division. If they go 2-1 down the stretch and Tennessee goes 1-2 then they play for the AFC South against Tennessee on Week 17. Either way, they only need to win one game to finish with a better record than the Steelers. And I say they do it. Let's say 7-10/8-9.

So the final standings for the scenario:

1. Houston 1-15-1
  2. Chicago 3-14
  3. Denver 4-13/5-12 (Seattle pick)
  4. LA Rams 4-13/5-12 (Detroit pick)
  5. New Orleans 5-12
  6. Arizona 5-12
  7. Pittsburgh 5-12
  8. Indy 5-11-1
Even is Denver, LA Rams, New Orleans, Arizona and Pittsburgh end up tied at 5-12. The Steelers almost certainly finish with a better record due to SoS. The two key culprits are Philly and Buffalo. If they drop some games down the stretch, then it may be possible to jump up.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
Vegas said we had the worst Qb in the division and the were going to win 8 games or less before the season nothing has changed since the beginning of the season

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
HR just called to give me a sensitivity training. Said something about the implicit racial bias in criticizing Diontae Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad