OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: 2022 Handball season has arrived!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
Well one could argue since Tomlin is the one guy who has the most success against him he would know how to help him.
Yeah hurts made a huge jump under Brian Johnson which is why i have him on the shortlist to take over from Canada could see him be the Qb coach for us next year. Replace sullivan another guy i like is the passing coordinator from San Francisco bobby slowik

So with this loss, the Steelers cannot win 10 or more games.
You sir, owe me on the avatar bet

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
This coaching staff has a philosophy of ball control and winning close games - yet simply does not invest in the things you need to accomplish those goals.

I don't know if they are stuck in a change of philosophy and have yet to acquire the talent for what they want to do, but they have a draft to show their cards so to speak.

You watch the Ravens run game, it's dynamic.. they do things from different looks, they keep you guessing. The Steelers - not so much

Reactions: Andy99

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
This coaching staff has a philosophy of ball control and winning close games - yet simply does not invest in the things you need to accomplish those goals.

I don't know if they are stuck in a change of philosophy and have yet to acquire the talent for what they want to do, but they have a draft to show their cards so to speak.

You watch the Ravens run game, it's dynamic.. they do things from different looks, they keep you guessing. The Steelers - not so much
You do realize the ravens called the same plays multiple times on Sunday in fact some of the same plays they called we also call. The reason it looked dynamic is Heyward got out of position on a long run and Leal was playing like a rookie filling the wrong lanes.

So with this loss, the Steelers cannot win 10 or more games.
You sir, owe me on the avatar bet
Let me know what you want as my new avatar

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
So Tomlin is having a backup QB competition in the middle of the week before a regular season game?

I guess when you have a lifetime job you can do really stupid shit like this.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
So Tomlin is having a backup QB competition in the middle of the week before a regular season game?

I guess when you have a lifetime job you can do really stupid shit like this.
Well he didn’t even have a starter Qb competition to start camp.
Mitch is the backup next year he should play Mason is gone

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
Neither will be back so moot point.

Either way, pick one and give him the reps. It’s silly.
Mitch is under contract for 10 million next year he definitely didn’t reach whatever incentives they put in his deal so it could be closer to 7 million which is going rate for a backup Qb
Neither will be back so moot point.

Either way, pick one and give him the reps. It’s silly.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Mitch is under contract for 10 million next year he definitely didn’t reach whatever incentives they put in his deal so it could be closer to 7 million which is going rate for a backup Qb

He needed 70% of the snaps to get the 4 m bonus, so I doubt he’s too happy about that.

He’s also suggested he got screwed, so why would he come back when he still feels he can be a starter?

He’s not going to waste his prime years backing up KP.

He’ll ask out after the season.

Given his last starting win was the opener, I doubt the Steelers will want him back.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
He needed 70% of the snaps to get the 4 m bonus, so I doubt he’s too happy about that.

He’s also suggested he got screwed, so why would he come back when he still feels he can be a starter?

He’s not going to waste his prime years backing up KP.

He’ll ask out after the season.

Given his last starting win was the opener, I doubt the Steelers will want him back.
He can ask all he wants Tomlin gave him the job and the (team) voted him captain unless someone trades for him he is going to be here. He chose us over competing with jones for the Giants. He can’t be Dalton or Bridewater as a bridge starter while turning it over.
No team is going to bring him into start except the Giants

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
He can ask all he wants Tomlin gave him the job and the (team) voted him captain unless someone trades for him he is going to be here. He chose us over competing with jones for the Giants. He can’t be Dalton or Bridewater as a bridge starter while turning it over.
No team is going to bring him into start except the Giants

The NFL is a QB starved league, some team will bring him in for the very reason the Steelers did.

He’s still a young guy with a winning record that got his team to the playoffs twice. One bad stop under Canada isn’t going to kill his career yet.

NFL GMs are gullible and one will think their team can be the one that can tap into all that potential.

Steelers/Tomlin have already learned the hard way what happens if they force players on short term deals to stay under contract.

He’ll be released or moved for a late rounder.

Honestly. Who cares. Both of them suck.

I’m sure the players on the team care. They aren’t us, hoping for a loss.

They are playing to win, for contract incentives, for FA etc etc.

Even Max Starks who is a huge Tomlin nut hugger was on the radio talking about how stupid it was.

Pick a guy and get him ready, this isn’t training camp.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
The NFL is a QB starved league, some team will bring him in for the very reason the Steelers did.

He’s still a young guy with a winning record that got his team to the playoffs twice. One bad stop under Canada isn’t going to kill his career yet.

NFL GMs are gullible and one will think their team can be the one that can tap into all that potential.

Steelers/Tomlin have already learned the hard way what happens if they force players on short term deals to stay under contract.

Even Max Starks who is a huge Tomlin nut hugger was on the radio talking about how stupid it was.

Its not one bad stop under Canada lol. The reason teams were interested in him was they blamed naggy. He is still staring down receivers throwing off his back foot bailing out of the pocket all suff he did in Chicago. I guess in league where Darnold and Baker are still playing someone might trade for him. He still hasn’t played an entire season in his career and in year 6. He played 14 games once in Chicago

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Its not one bad stop under Canada lol. The reason teams were interested in him was they blamed naggy. He is still staring down receivers throwing off his back foot bailing out of the pocket all suff he did in Chicago. I guess in league where Darnold and Baker are still playing someone might trade for him. He still hasn’t played an entire season in his career and in year 6. He played 14 games once in Chicago

Canada’s been one of, if not the worst OC in the league the last two years.

GMs will again chalk it up to bad luck under a shitty OC.

These guys never learn, so trying to claim they do is a fool’s errand.

Look at all the retreads that switched around the last few years. Some team will take a chance on him.

He knows he’s never starting in Pgh unless KP blows out a knee, and I doubt he’ll gamble his best earning years on that happening.

Reactions: Jaded-Fan

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
Well one could argue since Tomlin is the one guy who has the most success against him he would know how to help him.
Yeah hurts made a huge jump under Brian Johnson which is why i have him on the shortlist to take over from Canada could see him be the Qb coach for us next year. Replace sullivan another guy i like is the passing coordinator from San Francisco bobby slowik

No, you absolutely cannot argue that lol Developing defense and offense are completely different skillsets

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019

Look at all the retreads that switched around the last few years. Some team will take a chance on him.

He knows he’s never starting in Pgh unless KP blows out a knee, and I doubt he’ll gamble his best earning years on that happening.
Sure Canada sucks but Mt ran similar offense in Buffalo and in college he sucks. Any team that might be interested will bring him to compete for a backup role nobody is going to have start

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
No, you absolutely cannot argue that lol Developing defense and offense are completely different skillsets
Interesting since staley got chargers job because of his defensive system when he was a ram and never developed any Qb but was given Herbert.
Arizona dc just called out the pats oc for calling plays as a dc. It’s because Jones is struggling to theow deep and over the middle without interceptions
You teach the offense how you would attack them on defense

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
Interesting since staley got chargers job because of his defensive system when he was a ram and never developed any Qb but was given Herbert.
Arizona dc just called out the pats oc for calling plays as a dc. It’s because Jones is struggling to theow deep and over the middle without interceptions
You teach the offense how you would attack them on defense

What is this babble... Stopping an offensive system as a defensive coach has absolutely nothing to do with developing a QB lmao

Factorial

Oct 7, 2019

Off topic but this issue is endemic online. How do you become so certain of your projections of what will happen?

Do all of your bets win?

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh

The problem was not hiring a crappy OC. Despite the bad form of the OC being associated with giving the HC's kid a spot on the college team that he coached what the hell, you can make a bad call.

The real damning fact is that they kept him on as OC long after it became apparent to everyone that the OC sucked.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
The problem was not hiring a crappy OC. Despite the bad form of the OC being associated with giving the HC's kid a spot on the college team that he coached what the hell, you can make a bad call.

The real damning fact is that they kept him on as OC long after it became apparent to everyone that the OC sucked.
We are still on the fact that a 3 star athlete who got multiple division 1 offers took a scholarship from a school no one else would commit to and didn’t even play for said interm coach

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
We are still on the fact that a 3 star athlete who got multiple division 1 offers took a scholarship from a school no one else would commit to and didn’t even play for said interm coach

It doesn't have to be an explicit kickback.

But it wouldn't kill this organization to hire outside of its circle of "hey, my son/my former player's cousin/my alma mater's/the school next door/the town I grew up in."

It really shows a feeble-mindedness.

And again, with Tomlin there is every indication that he is threatened by hotshot assistants. He is far more comfortable with derps like Randy and MC.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
It doesn't have to be an explicit kickback.

But it wouldn't kill this organization to hire outside of its circle of "hey, my son/my former player's cousin/my alma mater's/the school next door/the town I grew up in."

It really shows a feeble-mindedness.

And again, with Tomlin there is every indication that he is threatened by hotshot assistants. He is far more comfortable with derps like Randy and MC.
What Tomlin isn’t threatened by any hot shot. They hired Austin who was an outside hire they hired the o line coach who was an outside hire. Flores was an outside hire. Canada was an outside hire when he was the Qb coach
What hot shot oc that has a job as an ic and a decent Qb will come here for a lateral move?

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
What Tomlin isn’t threatened by any hot shot. They hired Austin who was an outside hire they hired the o line coach who was an outside hire. Flores was an outside hire. Canada was an outside hire when he was the Qb coach
What hot shot oc that has a job as an ic and a decent Qb will come here for a lateral move?

Austin was an internal promotion after failing elsewhere.

Ditto Canada.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Off topic but this issue is endemic online. How do you become so certain of your projections of what will happen?

Do all of your bets win?

People expressing their opinions has been around long before the internet.

I know that may be hard to believe, but it’s true.

Tomlin has no pressure on him so… can do dumb shit like that.

Reactions: Night Shift
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad