OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: 2022 Handball season has arrived!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
I heard they were going to start handing out an honorary 2nd Lombardi per year to the organization with the longest-tenured head coach.

Just need Billy to hang it up and then we can rack up the trophies.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
It's amazing to see what good coaching can do.... the 49ers 3rd string QB is more prepared than most of our team.
Yeah guy has 11 wins in San Francisco without Jimmy g has his Qb Tomlin had 8 in 2019 without 7. Its great coaching when the other team doesn’t cover the 2nd best te in the league 2 times.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
Yeah guy has 11 wins in San Francisco without Jimmy g has his Qb Tomlin had 8 in 2019 without 7. Its great coaching when the other team doesn’t cover the 2nd best te in the league 2 times.

Stop comparing coach clown to other coaches in the league it's not even close.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Kenny Pickett is definitely a large factor in why the offense isn't as efficient and productive as it could be. And I'm fine with that, he is a rookie, I know he is going to struggle especially on days when they can't run the ball.
Brock Purdy is a rookie and he’s having more success than Pickett…is he just a more natural talent that no one picked up on until the last pick of the draft, or could it be that he’s being put in a position to succeed because coaches have found a way to give him throws, runs etc that he’s good at…

Reactions: ZorkEnchanter

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
Watching the all 22 we have tons of guys schemed open

tiffanyhaddish-mayarudolph.gif

Brock Purdy is a rookie and he’s having more success than Pickett…is he just a more natural talent that no one picked on until the last pick of the draft, or could it be that he’s being put in a position to succeed because coaches have found a way to give him throws, runs etc that he’s good at…

Exactly.

Reactions: ZorkEnchanter

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
Kenny Pickett is definitely a large factor in why the offense isn't as efficient and productive as it could be. And I'm fine with that, he is a rookie, I know he is going to struggle especially on days when they can't run the ball.

One still cannot ignore that 4 QB's with varying degrees of strengths/weaknesses have struggled in this offense.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
And better coaching. Kid also has a better line in front of him.

Coach Clown neglected the trenches so who's fault is that?
So i am not sure its all on Tomlin for the o line neglect since Colbert didn’t really invest capital in the line. However they are 12th as a unit and 2nd in run power blocking and thats with a terrible LG and average LT

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
So i am not sure its all on Tomlin for the o line neglect since Colbert didn’t really invest capital in the line. However they are 12th as a unit and 2nd in run power blocking and thats with a terrible LG and average LT

He seems obsessed with problematic diva receivers with character issues.

That can't be Colbert

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
One still cannot ignore that 4 QB's with varying degrees of strengths/weaknesses have struggled in this offense.
I mean the offense itself isn’t much different than Haley offense according to Claypool they ran Fitchner offense in 2020 just added the sweeps motion as eye candy but ben didn’t like it.
The execution was bad that Canada literally took plays over the middle of the field out of the play book with MT was starting. MT said so him self. They had wr running wrong routes simms said he ran the wrong route on MT 1st interception against bmore. Though it’s clear he was covering for MT when you watch the 22.
Right now the o line does duo blocking really well but doesn’t have a ton of guys who can get to the 2nd level they are slowly getting better not going downfield on RPo plays this offense is young it will grow together

He seems obsessed with problematic diva receivers with character issues.

That can't be Colbert
Except they didn’t really draft many Wr in the 1st round. Ben kept asking for bigger body wr so he can throw it up and they would come down with it. Bryant Coates Claypool all busted. Burres and Holmes were worth the 1st they invested in

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
I mean the offense itself isn’t much different than Haley offense according to Claypool they ran Fitchner offense in 2020 just added the sweeps motion as eye candy but ben didn’t like it.

This comment then supports MY position that it is indeed scheme-flawed. If it's essentially the same one that Fitchner ran and they thought it looked fine, then that's utter idiocy.

There is 1 person that blesses this approach of small-ball/risk aversion and it's been a single constant through the past 3 coordinators. You know who I'm talking about.

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
If we were interested in real changes after the year...I have a great interest in San Frans D Coordinator DeMeco Ryans as a head coaching candidate.

I don't understand from fans that aren't open to a change in leadership. What have we gotten for over a decade? This is a proud franchise and they are allowing complacency.

None of our coaches are meeting expectation and this league is result driven. End of story. No "they just need another year" or "it's all the players fault".

Coaches sign up with the knowledge that their job is likely short lived.

Last edited:

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
NFL
Steelers Have 'Rumors' of Trading Mike Tomlin
By Noah Strackbein, 3 hrs ago
AllSteelers
AllSteelers
Follow
Will Mike Tomlin leave the Pittsburgh Steelers this offseason?
PITTSBURGH -- Let the rumors swirl. Right now, people are talking about the Pittsburgh Steelers head coach heading south in the offseason. Not for scouting, for another job.
The Steelers are linked to an offseason trade for their head coach all because one NFL insider tossed a name out there for an NFC team . Here's the thing, these things seem to happen every year.
The difference this year is there seems to be support around it. There also seems to be a "reason" to do so.
What will it take for a Tomlin trade? Would it ever happen? And is there any actual evidence that it could happen? You can't believe things people say without real evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad