OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: 2022 Handball season has arrived!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goalie_Bob

1992 Vezina (2nd)
Dec 30, 2005
Pittsburgh
NFL
Steelers Have 'Rumors' of Trading Mike Tomlin
By Noah Strackbein, 3 hrs ago
AllSteelers
AllSteelers
Follow
Will Mike Tomlin leave the Pittsburgh Steelers this offseason?
PITTSBURGH -- Let the rumors swirl. Right now, people are talking about the Pittsburgh Steelers head coach heading south in the offseason. Not for scouting, for another job.
The Steelers are linked to an offseason trade for their head coach all because one NFL insider tossed a name out there for an NFC team . Here's the thing, these things seem to happen every year.
The difference this year is there seems to be support around it. There also seems to be a "reason" to do so.
What will it take for a Tomlin trade? Would it ever happen? And is there any actual evidence that it could happen? You can't believe things people say without real evidence.

Pure and utter clickbait. And no, coaches do not get traded every year.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
NFL
AllSteelers
AllSteelers
Follow
PITTSBURGH -- Let the rumors swirl. Right now, people are talking about the Pittsburgh Steelers head coach heading south in the offseason. Not for scouting, for another job.
The Steelers are linked to an offseason trade for their head coach all because one NFL insider tossed a name out there for an NFC team . Here's the thing, these things seem to happen every year.
The difference this year is there seems to be support around it. There also seems to be a "reason" to do so.
What will it take for a Tomlin trade? Would it ever happen? And is there any actual evidence that it could happen? You can't believe things people say without real evidence.
Why you gotta tease us, man?

Pure and utter clickbait. And no, coaches do not get traded every year.
I think he's saying these rumors happen every year, not that they actually get traded.

Although, I don't know how true the former is either.

Reactions: WheresRamziAbid

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
NFL
AllSteelers
AllSteelers
Follow
We all know this.

Tomlin will not be fired. He will either leave on his own accord to another job or "retire".

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
We all know this.

Tomlin will not be fired. He will either leave on his own accord to another job or "retire".
Yeah the most likely thing is the rebuild the depth on defense in FA and through the draft see what KP and the young offense looks like this time next year. If he looks like a top 15 guy Tomlin will sign an extension if he doesn’t then he takes a year off like Peyton and does tv. Has a new team in 25.
Flores is hopefully hired in 23 to be a HC elsewhere so the Steelers get draft picks

wheelz87

LGP
Jun 28, 2011
Pittsburgh
If we were interested in real changes after the year...I have a great interest in San Frans D Coordinator DeMeco Ryans as a head coaching candidate.

I don't understand from fans that aren't open to a change in leadership. What have we gotten for over a decade? This is a proud franchise and they are allowing complacency.

None of our coaches are meeting expectation and this league is result driven. End of story. No "they just need another year" or "it's all the players fault".

Coaches sign up with the knowledge that their job is likely short lived.
Listen. I DO like coaching stability. You have joke organizations like Cleveland/Detroit who hire coaches every year. Never give them any real time to establish themselves.
This is different. This is failure year after year. The talent is/has been there. I don’t mean to be that guy but we’re the Pittsburgh ****** Steelers. Amongst the greatest franchises of all. Why is this mediocrity accepted? The years we do make the playoffs we get embarrassed. The guys are never ready. We don’t invest in the trenches, which pssst is only the most important building block to a team. The culture is absolutely destroyed. What redeeming quality is there to Tomlin anymore? Bottom of the barrel in clock management. In Xs and Os. Get a guy who knows how to run and offense and can develop Kenny. Kid has talent. And for all the pub Tomlin gets about drafting receivers…. who lots of swings and misses in there. Diontae is as unclutch as it gets. Pickens can’t be contained. Claypool gone. We don’t have any weapons for Kenny, other than Muth. Swing and miss on Najee too. It’s 100% beyond due time for a change.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
There were rumors of him being traded to Washington before. I don’t see getting traded ever happening.

Common Sense

Dec 29, 2010
I think Tomlin will retire once he’s done here. Tomlin’s reputation is bolstered by coaching a small market team. When the national media guys talk about Tomlin being one of the greatest coaches in the league, they’ve probably watched 5 Steelers games in the last 5 years. If he went to a bigger market with more pressure it would be like Mike McCarthy going to Dallas and turning into a figure of fun overnight.

Goalie_Bob

1992 Vezina (2nd)
Dec 30, 2005
Pittsburgh
How the hell do you lose when you are up 33-0 at half and 36-14 at the start of the 4th quarter……somewhere Bill Cowher is spinning in his grave.

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
How the hell do you lose when you are up 33-0 at half and 36-14 at the start of the 4th quarter……somewhere Bill Cowher is spinning in his grave.
This is an excellent question… especially because the Colts have a guy who played in the league for so long as their head coach… because that means they are totally qualified to be a head coach…. Or so I have been told

Goalie_Bob

1992 Vezina (2nd)
Dec 30, 2005
Pittsburgh
This is an excellent question… especially because the Colts have a guy who played in the league for so long as their head coach… because that means they are totally qualified to be a head coach…. Or so I have been told

Does that mean you don’t think Jack Pardee or Andy Reid are qualified to be a head coach?

Last edited:

Honour Over Glory

Blomqvist for Vezina + ROTY
Jan 30, 2012
Gonna sleep in for this one. Not watching Turdisky get another shot he doesn’t deserve because Tomlin wants to be a giant bitch.

If you listen to Hurts he felt Tomlin was going to draft him in round 2 instead of Philly. We took Claypool could you imagine what 7 would have done if they did that. We know how 7 felt went they took mason in round 3. Tomlin wanted Lamar but Colbert gave 7 an extension after the Jacksonville playoff loss and called him the unquestioned leader of the locker room.
Big Ben being an absolute tool because at his age he couldn’t realize a team, a f***ing team, needed a succession plan?

Color me surprised that the fat f*** was that way.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
I’m stoked about the Trubisky vs Darnold bowl.

Lot of excitement around this battle of the 5-8 juggernauts.

Hope it lives up the hype.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad