OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: 2022 Handball season has arrived!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
Austin was an internal promotion after failing elsewhere.

Ditto Canada.
So no more internal hires or promotions? Good luck getting any young experience coach to join your staff since they may have failed elsewhere or want to work there way up the coaching ladder

Goalie_Bob

1992 Vezina (2nd)
Dec 30, 2005
Pittsburgh
So no more internal hires or promotions? Good luck getting any young experience coach to join your staff since they may have failed elsewhere or want to work there way up the coaching ladder

Don't be obtuse. We are talking about hires at the upper positions. OC, DC etc.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
Don't be obtuse. We are talking about hires at the upper positions. OC, DC etc.
Ok and most OC that are established don’t leave for lateral positions. Unless they are fired or the HC they work for is fired. Same with DC.
Look at Leftwhich and Bowles look at Staley for the chargers if they miss the playoffs and Peyton becomes the chargers coach. If you hire Staley for DC he was a failed HC

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
Ok and most OC that are established don’t leave for lateral positions. Unless they are fired or the HC they work for is fired. Same with DC.
Look at Leftwhich and Bowles look at Staley for the chargers if they miss the playoffs and Peyton becomes the chargers coach. If you hire Staley for DC he was a failed HC

Leftwhich is getting fired after the season.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
Potential Oc for us or would that be a non outside guy since he played for us

As one who follows Tampa, that would be a mistake. Here is why: Canada is worse but what makes him almost as bad as Canada is, while he runs Arians playbook, The problem is its as if he just picks plays out of a hat and what I mean by that is he doesn't adapt to what the defense does throughout the game. Hense why Tampa has pedestrian numbers statistically offensively.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
@Factorial is just another Tomlin nut hugger that has little sense.

They might as well speak Mandarin.

I can’t remember if dude is or isn’t, but apparently he/she is bothered when you have a convo with someone and use absolute statements.

Apparently BD and I must not use absolute statements as we are both too stupid to know when the other one is expressing an opinion.

I thought for sure BD knew every GM in the league personally and was expressing a fact when he said MT would only be signed as a backup.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
As one who follows Tampa, that would be a mistake. Here is why: Canada is worse but what makes him almost as bad as Canada is, while he runs Arians playbook, The problem is its as if he just picks plays out of a hat and what I mean by that is he doesn't adapt to what the defense does throughout the game. Hense why Tampa has pedestrian numbers statistically offensively.
Yeah it not cause brady is washed injured o line and Wr all season. Brady is changing plays the night before and changing schemes behind the coaches back.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
I can’t remember if dude is or isn’t, but apparently he/she is bothered when you have a convo with someone and use absolute statements.

Apparently BD and I must not use absolute statements as we are both too stupid to know when the other one is expressing an opinion.

I thought for sure BD knew every GM in the league personally and was expressing a fact when he said MT would only be signed as a backup.

Yeah he gets extremely random like that I've noticed. Maybe boarderline scitzo.

Big Daddys attending GM meetings in Florida and going to scout Leftwhich today.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
Yeah it not cause brady is washed injured o line and Wr all season. Brady is changing plays the night before and changing schemes behind the coaches back.

Part of it is all that yes but..he isn't helping the cause either.

2022 NFC South could end up to be the worst division in a single season in NFL history. Tampa will be out of 1st if Carolina wins this weekend that is how bad things are.

Edit: And whether or not Brady is trying to take the bull by the horn by changing plays, he knows Leftwhich is incapable. Something has to be done. Any given Sunday because on paper right now they don't stand a chance against the Bungles this week.

Im just saying, You've been warned.

Last edited:

Goalie_Bob

1992 Vezina (2nd)
Dec 30, 2005
Pittsburgh

I wasn't talking about other OC/DCs. I am stating that the Steelers need to look into coaches that can come in to be an OC/DC that have not played for the team or coached previously for the Steelers or are from Pittsburgh. As other have mentioned, Brian Johnson (Eagles) and Bobby Slowik (49ers) would be good examples. At least bring the guys in to interview them, pick their brains.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
The agreed upon avatar was "Tomlin is a Fraud"
Ok will try n make it an upload it

I wasn't talking about other OC/DCs. I am stating that the Steelers need to look into coaches that can come in to be an OC/DC that have not played for the team or coached previously for the Steelers or are from Pittsburgh. As other have mentioned, Brian Johnson (Eagles) and Bobby Slowik (49ers) would be good examples. At least bring the guys in to interview them, pick their brains.
Ok i have brought them up on here. My question is if they are hired to be the Qb coach here and take ovee from Canada next year isn’t that an internal hire. Neither have called plays but are great developing Qbs. I like Johnson cause he worked with a rookie Dak and I think that’s the ceiling for KP

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
Ok will try n make it an upload it

Ok i have brought them up on here. My question is if they are hired to be the Qb coach here and take ovee from Canada next year isn’t that an internal hire. Neither have called plays but are great developing Qbs. I like Johnson cause he worked with a rookie Dak and I think that’s the ceiling for KP
I think he’s stating he wants the original hire to not have any ties to the Steeler organization before they get a job here (whatever job that may be). I don’t think he cares if that person then gets promoted (as long as their performance warrants it).

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
I think he’s stating he wants the original hire to not have any ties to the Steeler organization before they get a job here (whatever job that may be). I don’t think he cares if that person then gets promoted (as long as their performance warrants it).

We have a translator in the house!

Factorial

Oct 7, 2019
@Factorial is just another Tomlin nut hugger that has little sense.

They might as well speak Mandarin.

Not a great fan of Tomlim but I don't waste my breath or keystrokes on being upset that he should be fired when he won't be fired.

It's his over the top "only I know what will happen" posts. Get over yourself.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
Not a great fan of Tomlim but I don't waste my breath or keystrokes on being upset that he should be fired when he won't be fired.

Voicing opinion repetitively does not imply one is upset. Maybe because you don't agree with said opinion you think that.

Jiggy? In 2020 when the team was 11-0 and everyone was buying the kool aid, myself, Jiggy and another poster were the only 3 here that knew Tomlin was going to "Tomlin" the rest of that season. Took another embarrassing playoff loss, One and done like we thought.

Jiggy has seen enough football over the years to notice trends. I've probably seen almost if not as much. Everything this organization does these days are really upside down.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
The Pittsburgh media is finally starting to turn on Tomlin. One even wrote an article entitled "Is Tomlin's message getting stale," which is the most scathing take any member of the Pittsburgh media has ever had about Tomlin. The issue with Pittsburgh sports and media is it's all a big family. It's not cut-throat - media realizes that players/management need to hold the cards close and players know the media has a job to do also and works with them. No other market would let Tomlin go for 15 years of saying the same shit press conference after press conference. No media would let Geno basically play 7th fiddle in media scrums for the Pens. No media would make so many excuses for the teams when they are doing poorly. No media would stand on TV talk shows or radio shows and go toe to toe with every single fan that has something negative to say about the teams.

It's part of what makes Pittsburgh great, but it's also infuriating when the coach realizes he can high step the media and never give any sort of indication of what is going on and everyone is cool with that. A fresh message is needed. This needs to change. Khan and Weidl have to put their stamp on this team or they are doomed.

Reactions: Night Shift

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004

Nah, it’s just you budding into a convo being the Internet five-o.

BD had 2 similar absolute statements just like me, because we don’t have to declare to each other it’s an opinion - it’s common sense between us it’s what we believe will happen.

I assume he doesn’t know every GM in the league and I never told him I’m besties with MT.

Put the badge away there Barney.

internet-police-siren.gif

Last edited:

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016

It’s like we live in a country with a dictator. We are too broken down to get upset with the coach because it’ll never change. Scary mind thought to have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad