OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: 2022 Handball season has arrived!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
Is it bad that I trust trubisky more than KP?
We have a legit offense when Trubisky is in there. If only he can knock off the INTs.

mynameisnick4

Jan 18, 2012
Pittsburgh
We have a legit offense when Trubisky is in there. If only he can knock off the INTs.
Yeah it's bad considering he literally lost them the game with his interceptions. The interceptions completely cancel out any good he did this game. I am no Kenny nut hugger but they likely win with him in the game.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Uh, both of our QBs are bad but for different reasons, that’s a big reason why we’re 4-8

Yeah it's bad considering he literally lost them the game with his interceptions. The interceptions completely cancel out any good he did this game. I am no Kenny nut hugger but they likely win with him in the game.
I dont think we were winning with Kenny either…he wasn’t pulling the trigger on passes…both QBs aren’t very good

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004

You trust a guy that just threw three picks and lost the game over the guy who is 3-1 since the bye and has 123 passes without a pick?

Makes sense.

They likely win the game if MT only throws two picks… but he wanted the trifecta.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
I'd almost take Siaki Ika in the 1st round just because we need a NT so badly. Our run defense is atrocious.

wheelz87

LGP
Jun 28, 2011
Pittsburgh
Games won and lost in the trenches, will forever be this way. We don’t invest in these for whatever reason. Shiny toys like clay and Diontae and Najee and they are all garbage.

ZorkEnchanter

Aug 16, 2020
Gonna disagree with you about our talent
I said skill positions not as group or team:

Frier and Pickens are really good, could be great or incredible or falloff (too early to tell)
Minka is great.
Watt is a difference maker. Top 10 NFL talent.
Najee is a above average... he could have another 1,000 yard season behind this horrible offensive line.
Pickett is decent, not sure where this guys stands

WR Group has talent.
Offensive Line as a group is bottom 5 in the league.
Defensive Line as a group is bottom 10 in the league.
Coaching is bottom 5 in the league.
Backstop looks middling.
Linebackers look middling.

I'm pretty sure that is a non-facetious overall assessment. You add Tomlin and his coaching tree and it should be the disaster we see on field.

We will not win games being this weak in the trenches. We can't with Tomilin and his vanilla coaching choices... (not one of them is considered good or great. It's insane how average his Assistants are, not one up-and-comer...)

Like I said we have some talent at key skill positions, coaching is doing us no favors... I'm not going to judge them with Canada and Tomlin steering the ship. Defense is okay but they are a roll of the dice, if we had better coaching they should be more consistent.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Offense today: 14 points, 329 total yards, 3 turnovers
Offense last 4 games: 23.25 points/game (all games between 19 and 30 points), 351 average total yards per game (all games between 323 yards and 379 yards), 0 turnovers

Purely galaxy brain stuff to act like the offense works better with Trubisky. Just because Trubisky hit some sexy deep throws because of nice plays by WRs doesn't mean the offense works better with him. Just a downright lunatic take.

Reactions: JTG

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Steelers have allowed over 330 yards rushing last two games.

So now they can’t stop the pass or the run.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
49ers will produce yet another head coach this summer when Ryans is hired by someone. Meanwhile, we have guys that likely couldn’t get jobs at community colleges.

Tomlin’s coaching tree is a blade of dead grass.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Uh, both of our QBs are bad but for different reasons, that’s a big reason why we’re 4-8

I mean, is Pickett actually bad? He was 3-1 in their last 4 games, while he would have been 4-0 had the defense not crumbled against the Bengals. He doesn't have a turnover since October. He's not lighting the world on fire, but he certainly looks like a competent starting QB since the bye week.

Trubisky is bad because he's a flawed QB. Any sort of issues with Pickett right now are just him growing as a player.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Offense today: 14 points, 329 total yards, 3 turnovers
Offense last 4 games: 23.25 points/game (all games between 19 and 30 points), 351 average total yards per game (all games between 323 yards and 379 yards), 0 turnovers

Purely galaxy brain stuff to act like the offense works better with Trubisky. Just because Trubisky hit some sexy deep throws because of nice plays by WRs doesn't mean the offense works better with him. Just a downright lunatic take.

Too many people have no clue how to evaluate QBs in here.

Most NFL QBs can put up 250-300 yards if they don’t take care of the ball and just throw it up for grabs 25-30x.

Literally all MT had to do was not throw three picks… just two… and they likely win.

Couldn’t even do that.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

Most NFL QBs can put up 250-300 yards if they don’t take care of the ball and just throw it up for grabs 25-30x.

Literally all MT had to do was not throw three picks… just two… and they likely win.

And hell, Pickett was doing exactly that earlier in the year. Look at his game against Miami and NYJ, those are great examples of just chucking it and hoping for the best.

People saying the offense in this game worked with Trubisky, how was this game any different than the 16-10 loss to Miami in week 7? Pickett threw for 257 yards and the offense had about 350 yards total, but Pickett had 3 interceptions and they only scored 10 points.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
They only gave up like 100 pass yards today. And still lost lol.

That’s because they gave up like 200+ on the ground.

If Ravens had any type of decent backup who could kind of throw the ball they would have gotten eaten up as usual.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019

Couldn’t even do that.
Heck even with 3 picks if the FG isn’t blocked they probably win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad