The Out of Town Thread part LXIX - All Talk From Around the League Here ‎

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

PricePkPatch*

Prior to the draft.

I'm glad he's not the GM. It would be a gong show. The only redeeming aspect would be disassociating from fandom and laughing at the 100 page threads here after every dumb trade.

How would that be a good thing?!

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
How would that be a good thing?!

I'm exaggerating. I like fandom. But if McGuire were GM, I would take a hike as a survival mechanism, and check in on you guys every so often to laugh. There would be a Higgins for McDonagh thread two or three times a year.

I do the same for politics. I used to be an off-the-scale political junkie. Then it turned into an even bigger gong show with world leaders like Harper, Obama, Cameron, and Abbott. I don't follow as hard now.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Prior to the draft.

I'm glad he's not the GM. It would be a gong show. The only redeeming aspect would be disassociating from fandom and laughing at the 100 page threads here after every dumb trade.
That trade would've been a MONSTER!

In all seriousness though, this board would've exploded, and me along with it. No way any team could survive the Gomez trade and a fiasco like this in the same decade.

What a laughing stock of a trade that would've been.

googlymoogly

Oct 27, 2007
I'm exaggerating. I like fandom. But if McGuire were GM, I would take a hike as a survival mechanism, and check in on you guys every so often to laugh. There would be a Higgins for McDonagh thread two or three times a year.

I do the same for politics. I used to be an off-the-scale political junkie. Then it turned into an even bigger gong show with world leaders like Harper, Obama, Cameron, and Abbott. I don't follow as hard now.
McGuire first trade for Montreal would be Galchenyuk, Price, 2nd for Vincent LeCav:laugh:

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
That trade would've been a MONSTER!

In all seriousness though, this board would've exploded, and me along with it. No way any team could survive the Gomez trade and a fiasco like this in the same decade.

What a laughing stock of a trade that would've been.

That "package" Gainey peddled for Lecavalier was leagues worse. Thank Bettman he vetoed it.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
Edmonton is bad and we should feel bad about playing such a close game with them. It's just about embarrassing to see a Canadian team play like this. Not as bad as Florida but.... yikes.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
That Oiler franchise is a mess. No goalies in their system. Weak D corps. Nice forward talent but they are thin everywhere else. Sad

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York

I had to do that with basketball for a while, I'm a Knicks fan and I mostly watched west coast NBA during the Isiah Thomas era and only followed the Knicks as a bad reality show.

I've distanced myself from electoral politics for the same reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad