The Out of Town Thread part LXIX - All Talk From Around the League Here ‎

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
Gorges was also involved, Lawson had publically stated that Plekanec, Gorges and Higgins were on the table.

And Gainey was later angry at Lawson for spilling the beans. Go figure.

I'm glad Lawson publicly spoke about it, just so we recognize how utterly incompetent and embarrassing that trade could've been. If that had gone through, we'd be set back a decade.

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec

Thank you so much for this. A losing team really does bring some great comic relief from its fans. I feel for Oilers supoorters. Imagine the 2011 season, year after year after year.

My two favourite comments so far:

"after watching Gallagher on MTL you realize how girly and soft a guy like Eberle plays when he has a chance to finish a check."

"There's suck... then there's this showing, which is nuclear-powered Dyson suck."

PricePkPatch*

The thread's last comment is so depressing...

"Let's trade Hall, RNH and Yakupov for picks and rebuild again"

Man. They REALLY don't understand why they suck, don't they? They are the living representation of that old saying: "he who doesn't learn from history is doomed to repeat it".

THEY
DON'T
NEED
HIGH
PICKS

They will just keep on sucking if they tank again!!!

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
Plekanec, Subban, Price and a 1st for Vinny IIRC

There might have been another player in there, I just remember who if there was.

the legend of that trade keeps getting bigger everytime it gets told...

as for the oilers, this is what happens when you have a team with no veterans. the "sell everyone at the deadline" crowd can take a hike imo

dallas is a good coach but he has his work cut out for him

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal

It's pretty funny. Back in 08 when the trade was actually supposed to go down, it was Lawton himself who revealed that it supposed to be Plekanec, Gorges and Higgins. A couple of years later, the trade supposedly then involved Subban, Price, Plekanec and Gorges. And then last year, Lawton says he was offered Pacioretty, Price, Subban and Plekanec. What a load of crap. Next year he'll say he was offered Eller, Galchenyuk, Gallagher and Subban

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
It's pretty funny. Back in 08 when the trade was actually supposed to go down, it was Lawton himself who revealed that it supposed to be Plekanec, Gorges and Higgins. A couple of years later, the trade supposedly then involved Subban, Price, Plekanec and Gorges. And then last year, Lawton says he was offered Pacioretty, Price, Subban and Plekanec. What a load of crap. Next year he'll say he was offered Eller, Galchenyuk, Gallagher and Subban
I hope does try to mention those two, because he would look absolutely stupid and be exposed for "growing the legend".

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
That Oiler franchise is a mess. No goalies in their system. Weak D corps. Nice forward talent but they are thin everywhere else. Sad

Wait until UFA in 5 years and every wife of a top Oil forward demands to go to California or New York...they need to win in the next 4 years, or they're ****ed.

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
Anyone interested in Asham? (Rangers waived him yesterday).
:sarcasm:
OR
no :sarcasm:

Asham can be there until Parros gets back?!:sarcasm:

Moen - White - Asham
Bournival/Parros

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
Wait until UFA in 5 years and every wife of a top Oil forward demands to go to California or New York...they need to win in the next 4 years, or they're ****ed.

Right about now...I thought they'd be close to ''it'' (winning) after drafting all those 1st overall players.

They really need to improve their top 6 d-core, imo.
Same as us! (of course I prefer our d-core...we need to improve our top 4, imo).

p.s.: Ference as captain...:help::shakehead (really hate that ***).
I like the Oilers and Jets (I support them right after our Habs, but I can't stand Ference...I hope they trade him! sooner than later!).

Last edited:

ZARTONK

Headscratcher!
Jul 4, 2008
Montreal
The thread's last comment is so depressing...

"Let's trade Hall, RNH and Yakupov for picks and rebuild again"

Man. They REALLY don't understand why they suck, don't they? They are the living representation of that old saying: "he who doesn't learn from history is doomed to repeat it".

THEY
DON'T
NEED
HIGH
PICKS

They will just keep on sucking if they tank again!!!

Their history of drafting the BPA is biting them in the ass, Yakupov wasn't the right pick for them... They needed to address the lack of talent in the other positions, they have enough good, young forwards.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York

as for the oilers, this is what happens when you have a team with no veterans. the "sell everyone at the deadline" crowd can take a hike imo

dallas is a good coach but he has his work cut out for him

This thread is a nice companion piece to the "trade Plekanec and Markov for whatever you can get since you can't win with guys over 30!" thread.

Anyone interested in Asham? (Rangers waived him yesterday).
:sarcasm:
OR
no :sarcasm:

Asham can be there until Parros gets back?!:sarcasm:

Moen - White - Asham
Bournival/Parros

If this was a year ago I'd be on that bandwagon immediately, unfortunately Asham looked finished out there last year and it doesn't look like it's getting any better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad