The Out of Town Thread part LXIX - All Talk From Around the League Here ‎

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

googlymoogly

Oct 27, 2007
Bruins seems to have difficulties scoring goals so far this season. Even Bergeron the most consistent, best forward in the league is having a hard time.
Horton was a big loss for them. Seguin will be longer term but Horton is better than anybody they picked up to try to replace him.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I applaud Yakupov.
He knows his game. I remember Lemieux coasting on various occasions. It wasn't out of laziness, it was just his style.
Yakupov will not go hard on the forecheck to hit, then skate back hard to play defense. Is that bad? I don't think so. He's a very offensive minded player that will explode on the rush. I don't have a problem with it. What I would have a problem with is to see him not backcheck and let an odd man rush happen. If there's laziness involved, I would be upset, but I don't think that's what he meant, how could it.

The Oilers need to fix that though, they can't be bad year after year and on top of it have issues with their top picks.

You will not see coasting in this league a whole lot. Every player, as offensive as they are, needs to perfect their game as much as they can. Don't go hard on the forecheck to hit but still do it to apply some pressure. And yes, skating back hard to backcheck is still a prerequisite....should we really expect him to coast on the red line to see if he could get a breakway?

Honestly, a Subban version of that statement would have been "Not going all out up front is my game. Not taking chances is not my game and I don't care if it's with 1 minute left, I'll do it if I feel like it. He changed that aspect. I'm expecting for any player to improve. I don't believe it's really asking him to "change his game" to ask him to become more versatile and not be a liability defensively. I mean, most top players are top players 'cause they are great at both ends. Everything else and you fall off from the top 6 or just fall off the NHL.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Iginla is a lot better than Horton..and healthy.

Eriksson too

Iginla has been on the decline for a while now. He can still finish, but he's not the one driving the play against top opposition anymore. Which is sad, because I love Iggy, but great, because **** the bruins. They got worse short term and long term this off-season.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Pretty easy to bash Horton while he's not playing.....But Horton has been a great player for Boston and totally what the Bruins were missing. Will Eriksson be that guy? Surely. He is pretty good too. But saying Horton wasn't/isn't that good is just short sighted based on the fact that the guy isn't playing right now.....or lack of memory for what he did for them. The guy was pretty clutch.....I don't have to tell you guys how ****ing clutch he was....You might not have been impressed with his regular season stats....but comes playoffs....I'd take him on my team any day.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Just watched the Oilers - Leafs game. I didn't get to see it on Sat. but taped it. Oilers have a lot of talent but are way too individualistic. Seriously, they play with no cohesion or any sign of a system.

Lupul's 1st goal was hilarious because all 5 Oilers were on one side of the ice, except 4 of them were just standing there watching the play not even bothering to check someone. One guy was doing his job.

Dubnyk was awful but Bernier wasn't much better. Some people complained that on the winning play there should've been a penalty on the Leafs except no. RNH just got pushed off the puck, but worse RNH was skating around doing **** with the puck. He brought the puck up to practically the Leafs blueline, he had an open d-man to pass to but chose to hang on to it and try a stickhandling display in a dangerous area.

Eberle did pretty much the same thing in OT. Stickhandling himself into traffic and allowing the Leafs to get a odd-man rush the other way.

Oilers have some talented young players but they all try to do way too much. The D is terrible. The goalie seems confused most of the time, not really a surprise since he can't trust the people in front of him to do basic simple plays.

I really thought the Oilers might make strides this year. Sure doesn't look like it right now.

HatTricK09

Jun 23, 2012
What if the Oilers draft Eckblad this year and McDavid next year?

Hall- RNH- Eberle
Perron- Gagner- Yakupov
xxx- McDavid- xxx
xxx- xxx- xxx

Smid- Shultz
Ference- Klefbom
Ekblad- xxx

Dubnyk
xxx

Hmm... still too many holes, they're gonna need a few more 1st rounders to complete that lineup after Ekblad and McDavid

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
What if the Oilers draft Eckblad this year and McDavid next year?

The league will modify the draft lottery to prevent bottom feeders to hog all the better prospects and justify it by saying the Oilers are messing up some potentially great hockey careers... Which I believe they're already doing. :nod:

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Hall- RNH- Eberle
Perron- Gagner- Yakupov
xxx- McDavid- xxx
xxx- xxx- xxx

Smid- Shultz
Ference- Klefbom
Ekblad- xxx

Dubnyk
xxx

Hmm... still too many holes, they're gonna need a few more 1st rounders to complete that lineup after Ekblad and McDavid

They also have Darnell Nurse on D and N.Schultz isn't going anywhere he's a good D and
so is Petry...You're mistaken to believe Dubnyk will still be there in 2 seasons.

If they got Mcdavid he wouldn't be on 3rd line....Watch hockey much?

CaptainBenn

Sep 8, 2012
They also have Darnell Nurse on D and N.Schultz isn't going anywhere he's a good D and
so is Petry...You're mistaken to believe Dubnyk will still be there in 2 seasons.

If they got Mcdavid he wouldn't be on 3rd line....Watch hockey much?
He will probably start on the 3rd line...
And his post was obviously a joke

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
LOL Mike Green. GIF soon, please!

From the thread on the mainboard.. :laugh:

NPbQxpP.gif

ZARTONK

Headscratcher!
Jul 4, 2008
Montreal
Am I the only one that finds that the Wilds and the Devils jerseys look reeeaaaallllyyyy similar from behind?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad