Music: The Official Hip-Hop Thread: The Next One

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

holy

Demigod
May 22, 2017

LLD, honestly the only rapper I can take serious anymore. True hood legend.

BobColesNasalCavity

Oct 15, 2016
West Side
So Game dissed Eminem today. Interesting...
What a joke Game is. All Em needs to do is post the video of Game worshipping him and it’s done. How you going to diss a guy you’ve publicly gone on record saying “don’t diss him, run” and say you have him at 4 in your top 10? Then make a diss track where you say you haven’t listened to a single record of his but then homaged the man’s whole career for 10 minutes?

Eminem should just pull a Hov and not respond to anyone dissing him. Game is obviously broke and still butthurt about not getting the call for the halftime show at the Super Bowl.

holy

Demigod
May 22, 2017
Game was definitely in the studio imitating some Eminem and one of his boys gassed him about how legit his impression was.

I only got a couple of mins in, it sounded like a homage track more than a diss. Sounded like shit tho anyways, ain’t no one tryna hear a knock off version of Eminem.

Reactions: tacogeoff

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Game was definitely in the studio imitating some Eminem and one of his boys gassed him about how legit his impression was.

I only got a couple of mins in, it sounded like a homage track more than a diss. Sounded like shit tho anyways, ain’t no one tryna hear a knock off version of Eminem.
It's also just too damn long. I'd rather listen to a three minute diss that goes for the neck than a 10 minute diss track like this one.

I'm not feeling the track at all. It's just boring, which sucks because I really like Game and think he's a good rapper. But if you're going to go at Em- you really need to hit hard because you won't get any props for a blah diss track. Even a good diss track won't sway the people. It's like boxing the champ. You rarely see a contender beat the champ unless they knock them out or beat the hell out of them for 12 rounds.

I haven't heard much out of Em's camp, so it seems like he's not going to respond. Honestly, Game's diss was pretty personal, so the drama may not be worth it, but I'd personally like to hear a response.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
What a joke Game is. All Em needs to do is post the video of Game worshipping him and it’s done. How you going to diss a guy you’ve publicly gone on record saying “don’t diss him, run” and say you have him at 4 in your top 10? Then make a diss track where you say you haven’t listened to a single record of his but then homaged the man’s whole career for 10 minutes?

Eminem should just pull a Hov and not respond to anyone dissing him. Game is obviously broke and still butthurt about not getting the call for the halftime show at the Super Bowl.
History has proven 50 right again and again about Game.

Reactions: BobColesNasalCavity

holy

Demigod
May 22, 2017
This is def the most relevant I’ve seen Game in a hot minute for sure. The song with Yeezy was pretty fire, but Kanye the goat so I put that on him.

All the Game knows is name dropping it seems like. At least he stopped mentioning Tupac and Biggie on every damn track.

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
I actually liked the diss track, thought it had a good beat and flow. Never seems like a good idea to go at Em, his fanbase is very prominent even now. Everyone just calls it a tribute lol, if anything it’ll put some juice in the rap game

holy

Demigod
May 22, 2017
I actually liked the diss track, thought it had a good beat and flow. Never seems like a good idea to go at Em, his fanbase is very prominent even now. Everyone just calls it a tribute lol, if anything it’ll put some juice in the rap game
It’s already irrelevant lmao, was a fart in the wind.

Anyways, I been listening to Lil Wayne’s catalog and this man was the truth. He really would wash Drake in a versus I think. As time goes on it will become more apparent I think. Drake’s music isn’t aging all that well, imo. If you’re driving around bumping Started From The Bottom, well I’ll leave it at that cause maybe someone here is actually doing that. Probably screaming the chorus too lmao!

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia

Anyways, I been listening to Lil Wayne’s catalog and this man was the truth. He really would wash Drake in a versus I think. As time goes on it will become more apparent I think. Drake’s music isn’t aging all that well, imo. If you’re driving around bumping Started From The Bottom, well I’ll leave it at that cause maybe someone here is actually doing that. Probably screaming the chorus too lmao!
I mean sure, but he had 10 people talking about it on a hockey forum atleast. Old Wayne is awesome, love the Datpiff app so you can listen to all his tapes. I know it’s cool to hate on Drake but I’d rather listen to some of his stuff over a lot of new artists, you can’t listen to Jimmy Cooks and think it sucks. Sorry

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
This is def the most relevant I’ve seen Game in a hot minute for sure. The song with Yeezy was pretty fire, but Kanye the goat so I put that on him.

All the Game knows is name dropping it seems like. At least he stopped mentioning Tupac and Biggie on every damn track.

Kanye West's verse on Eazy was good but I don't think it remotely compares to The Game's.

Reactions: tacogeoff

holy

Demigod
May 22, 2017
Kanye West's verse on Eazy was good but I don't think it remotely compares to The Game's.
Kanye’s verse was actually kinda whack on it, but the man produces so I give him a pass even with the corny lyrics about Pete Davidson. The Game ain’t getting hot beats from anyone anymore, that’s why he owes Ye. Even Dre doesn’t want anything to do with him.

holy

Demigod
May 22, 2017
I mean sure, but he had 10 people talking about it on a hockey forum atleast. Old Wayne is awesome, love the Datpiff app so you can listen to all his tapes. I know it’s cool to hate on Drake but I’d rather listen to some of his stuff over a lot of new artists, you can’t listen to Jimmy Cooks and think it sucks. Sorry
I don’t hate Drake. Wayne is on another level though. I’d say him and Kanye are a step above Drake. Not entirely Drake’s fault, cause I feel like him being so easily accepted by the mainstream has allowed his music to be absolutely milked to the bones.

Soccer moms have not yet found a way to bump Carter II tracks thank the lord.

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
I don’t hate Drake. Wayne is on another level though. I’d say him and Kanye are a step above Drake. Not entirely Drake’s fault, cause I feel like him being so easily accepted by the mainstream has allowed his music to be absolutely milked to the bones.

Soccer moms have not yet found a way to bump Carter II tracks thank the lord.
Dedication 2, brings back memories

Reactions: Big Poppa Puck

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB

a lot of current and past artists could beat Drake in a versus. A lot of his club bangers are akin to a more pop vibe. Versus is usually pretty hard and gritty. He would be better going up against someone like Chris Brown.

i really enjoyed his flow on Jimmy Cooks. probably the best flow i have heard him spit in his career. also NonStop is hard af.

Reactions: holy

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Kanye’s verse was actually kinda whack on it, but the man produces so I give him a pass even with the corny lyrics about Pete Davidson. The Game ain’t getting hot beats from anyone anymore, that’s why he owes Ye. Even Dre doesn’t want anything to do with him.

Kanye West didn't produce Eazy.

holy

Demigod
May 22, 2017
Kanye West didn't produce Eazy.
Game ain’t getting that beat placement without Kanye. Kanye low key a weird cuck but anti cuck at the same time so he reached out to the guy who was name dropping smashing his wife a few years back.

Rap game weird.

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
The thing about Drake is he will go for radio hits but can also get down on tracks with Lil baby “Yes indeed” and obviously he’s great with future, he can absolutely go in if he wants to

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
Lil Wayne was absolutely amazing from like 02-10/11ish. Then he got a bit oversaturated. No Ceilings was probably the end of that Wayne, even though Tha Carter IV has some standouts.

The Carter I, II and III are all classics and if you ask me on different days I might have a different answer on which is my favorite. Dedication 2, all of his 'unofficial' mixtapes on Datpiff compiled with different freestlyes or songs. (Something You Forgot needs to get on Spotify ASAP). Even the Hot Boyz era stuff is great.

Peak Wayne always crushes peak Drake and I'm not a Drake hater at all. Love his old mixtapes So Far Gone and even Comeback Season and his first 3 albums are incredible. Now I only like some songs here and there. (His last album was garbage.)

Reactions: holy and max21

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
I'm of the opinion that Wayne has never been much if any good, no matter the era. I like Drake better but that's not saying much.

Game ain’t getting that beat placement without Kanye. Kanye low key a weird cuck but anti cuck at the same time so he reached out to the guy who was name dropping smashing his wife a few years back.

Rap game weird.

You're trying way too hard. It's weird.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad