Music: The Official Hip-Hop Thread: The Next One

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

AceKing21

Oct 19, 2021
Central NY
What a joke Game is. All Em needs to do is post the video of Game worshipping him and it’s done. How you going to diss a guy you’ve publicly gone on record saying “don’t diss him, run” and say you have him at 4 in your top 10? Then make a diss track where you say you haven’t listened to a single record of his but then homaged the man’s whole career for 10 minutes?

Eminem should just pull a Hov and not respond to anyone dissing him. Game is obviously broke and still butthurt about not getting the call for the halftime show at the Super Bowl.
Don't forget very convenient of dropping the diss track the day before his new record came out.

AceKing21

Oct 19, 2021
Central NY
Game was definitely in the studio imitating some Eminem and one of his boys gassed him about how legit his impression was.

I only got a couple of mins in, it sounded like a homage track more than a diss. Sounded like shit tho anyways, ain’t no one tryna hear a knock off version of Eminem.
I almost feel like Em gave him the green light to make that track for Game to gather some buzz for his record sales. I haven't looked, but I'm willing to bet he didnt hit 50k sales in his first week. Games old music was good and he was lyrical as fk. His newer stuff is utter trash.

AceKing21

Oct 19, 2021
Central NY
Lil Wayne was absolutely amazing from like 02-10/11ish. Then he got a bit oversaturated. No Ceilings was probably the end of that Wayne, even though Tha Carter IV has some standouts.

The Carter I, II and III are all classics and if you ask me on different days I might have a different answer on which is my favorite. Dedication 2, all of his 'unofficial' mixtapes on Datpiff compiled with different freestlyes or songs. (Something You Forgot needs to get on Spotify ASAP). Even the Hot Boyz era stuff is great.

Peak Wayne always crushes peak Drake and I'm not a Drake hater at all. Love his old mixtapes So Far Gone and even Comeback Season and his first 3 albums are incredible. Now I only like some songs here and there. (His last album was garbage.)
Wayne hasn't made a good record since 08, thats 14 years! All he's good for these days are features. I was never a Wayne fan, but admit at his peak he was dynamic. I just can't do the autotuned voice and continued writing of the same subject matter over and over.

holy

Demigod
May 22, 2017
Wayne hasn't made a good record since 08, thats 14 years! All he's good for these days are features. I was never a Wayne fan, but admit at his peak he was dynamic. I just can't do the autotuned voice and continued writing of the same subject matter over and over.
He’s kinda like Eminem in that the newer stuff by them has this really boring flow to it and you’re right they aren’t saying anything new.

Listening to this Eminem verse on DJ Khaled project and it’s so mid I can barely even make out what he’s talking about. Eminem in his prime rode the beat so much more dynamically. Now he raps like he’s tryna imitate a DJ scratching and it’s so damn boring.

I think the internet has just fried the hell out of creativity though cause everyone on this Khaled project sounds generic as hell and every legend is on it. Legends making trash music and then every new artist is basically just a storyline for YouTubers to gossip about. Sad state of reality.

Reactions: AceKing21

holy

Demigod
May 22, 2017

If anyone deserves a song about her it’s Doja Cat. Summertime fine mixed with a few dashes of crazy.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
He’s kinda like Eminem in that the newer stuff by them has this really boring flow to it and you’re right they aren’t saying anything new.

Listening to this Eminem verse on DJ Khaled project and it’s so mid I can barely even make out what he’s talking about. Eminem in his prime rode the beat so much more dynamically. Now he raps like he’s tryna imitate a DJ scratching and it’s so damn boring.

I think the internet has just fried the hell out of creativity though cause everyone on this Khaled project sounds generic as hell and every legend is on it. Legends making trash music and then every new artist is basically just a storyline for YouTubers to gossip about. Sad state of reality.
I agree on Em. Eminem's last dope album was Kamikaze. Everything else is just blah, but given how murderous he was in the late 90s-early 2000s + the fact he's dropped more music in the past 25 years than any other MC- garners mad respect from me.

I disagree about the state of hip hop. Of course the commercial shit is saturated, but it's been like that for a long time. There still a lot of dope mcees. Just in the past few months Pusha and Kendrick dropped some good albums. Joyner is killer. Cole is still fire.

Also...whoooo....this JID album is fireeee. Just finished crack sandwich, and that slaps hard + the lyrics are insane. He's on another level compared the rest of Dreamville (outside of Cole, obviously)

holy

Demigod
May 22, 2017
I agree on Em. Eminem's last dope album was Kamikaze. Everything else is just blah, but given how murderous he was in the late 90s-early 2000s + the fact he's dropped more music in the past 25 years than any other MC- garners mad respect from me.

I disagree about the state of hip hop. Of course the commercial shit is saturated, but it's been like that for a long time. There still a lot of dope mcees. Just in the past few months Pusha and Kendrick dropped some good albums. Joyner is killer. Cole is still fire.

Also...whoooo....this JID album is fireeee. Just finished crack sandwich, and that slaps hard + the lyrics are insane. He's on another level compared the rest of Dreamville (outside of Cole, obviously)
Yeah I won’t lie you’re right about lyrical hip hop still having some bangers come out. Pusha T had AOTY imo, I was running that one on repeat.

Kendrick was kinda meh tho. I’ll check out JID, I like his energy.

But I am talking about stuff with mainstream appeal. The lyrical stuff is cool, but it’s been around forever and I don’t think it’s going anywhere for a while. Even when you’re just freestyling with your boys everyone loses their shit when the lyrics come out.

But the innovation is lacking. Everything is sampling classic tracks or just put on a pedestal because of the amount of drama attached to it. Just from a musical stand point where you’re expecting innovation to appear, it seems like we’re caught in the wind just holding our willies and pissing on our own feet. Seeing this AI rap bs is not a good sign either.

As for Eminem, the flow he does now was sick on EPMD 2, but that was the only song it has me engaged. He is a legend tho and deserves his flowers, it’s not like you should be expected to make even better music the older you get, especially considering the peaks these guys have already hit.

Reactions: Dubi Doo

holy

Demigod
May 22, 2017
So like when you get older and realize you’re not actually a gangster, this stuff gets really cringe eh. And I mean the hardcore gang element, like bro why do you have opps. Thinking about other men with that much emotion seems kinda sus.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad