Music: The Official Hip-Hop Thread: The Next One

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
I think Kendrick is probably okay with this. He made the album he wanted to and it has had wide-spread critical acclaim.

Plus, this is his last album on TDE. Perhaps he'll release a more commercially-viable project under PGLang when he has more ownership. The money doesn't seem to motivate him though.

I actually loved the new album. I was not a fan of Damn which I know will get some eyebrows raised. It was too basic and didn't have enough depth musically for me.

There's a lot of stuff topic wise on the new album like in Auntie Diaries and Crown that isn't really addressed much in modern hip hop or other music for that matter.

He's able to take some elements of modern hip hop and make them work without the autotune chanting (I hate MCs who use just that style), but there is some extremely well thought out production, melodies, and beats.

I don't know what he's into musically because I never have read any interviews, but it wouldn't surprise me if he was a fan of Radiohead, Sun Ra, Captain Beefheart, Funkadelic.

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
Rae Sremmurd might have two of the biggest bangers of the 2010’s tbh with ”No Type” and ”Black Beatles” shit kinda crazy

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
And it was terrible 😂. Just listened to it. Which is too bad bc the la leakers freestyle he just did the other week was pure fire. Looking for relevancy/publicity bc his new album drops soon I guess
I haven't been able to listen to it yet, but I read he mentioned Hailey. I have to think that takes it a step above 'this is just for more album sales' and nudges it into 'this shit is personal now'. I have to think Em responds; it'd likely be the most pissed off we've heard him in a while and he's actually going toe-to-toe with a really good rapper (even if the diss was trash).

It just doesnt seem worth it to start some real beef with someone in the industry like Eminem over attention. You start mentioning someone's kids, and it can go to another level. Keep within the realm of competition if youre looking to see who is better with the mic.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad