Music: The Official Hip-Hop Thread: The Next One

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
You can tell this kid was inspired by some old school east coast rappers:

https://www.reddit.com/r/nextf***in...gain/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
It is actually some what interesting how these RICO charges are working, and a lot of
talk if it’s right/wrong to use rap lyrics against the rappers that are prosecuted. They’re probably f***ed tho, it doesn’t help when your house is raided finding a plethora of guns and drugs.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
is it fair to say Kendrick's new album fell a bit flat after coming in with big hype?

A Kendrick Lamar single has just broken the record for the biggest single-week drop in the history of the Billboard Hot 100 chart.

On Tuesday (May 31), Billboard updated its weekly Hot 100 chart, revealing Kendrick Lamar's Mr. Morale & The Big Steppers single "We Cry Together" featuring Taylour Paige moved down 81 spots since last week—going from No. 16 to No. 97. The song is reportedly expected to be the next track off the album to receive music video treatment. The album's first two singles, "N95" and "Silent Hill," have also seen steep declines on the chart, going from No. 3 to No. 17 and No. 7 to No. 49, respectively.

Previously, 6ix9ine set the record for biggest second-week drop from No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart after his "Trollz" single featuring Nicki Minaj fell from the top spot to No. 34 in a week on the chart back in 2020. That unwanted record was broken in 2021 by Taylor Swift's single "Willow," which dropped from No. 1 to No. 38.

Mr. Morale & The Big Steppers also underperformed compared to its predecessor, Damn, with Damn moving 603,000 units in its first week, compared to the latest album's first-week output of 295,000.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
is it fair to say Kendrick's new album fell a bit flat after coming in with big hype?

A Kendrick Lamar single has just broken the record for the biggest single-week drop in the history of the Billboard Hot 100 chart.

On Tuesday (May 31), Billboard updated its weekly Hot 100 chart, revealing Kendrick Lamar's Mr. Morale & The Big Steppers single "We Cry Together" featuring Taylour Paige moved down 81 spots since last week—going from No. 16 to No. 97. The song is reportedly expected to be the next track off the album to receive music video treatment. The album's first two singles, "N95" and "Silent Hill," have also seen steep declines on the chart, going from No. 3 to No. 17 and No. 7 to No. 49, respectively.

Previously, 6ix9ine set the record for biggest second-week drop from No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart after his "Trollz" single featuring Nicki Minaj fell from the top spot to No. 34 in a week on the chart back in 2020. That unwanted record was broken in 2021 by Taylor Swift's single "Willow," which dropped from No. 1 to No. 38.

Mr. Morale & The Big Steppers also underperformed compared to its predecessor, Damn, with Damn moving 603,000 units in its first week, compared to the latest album's first-week output of 295,000.
There's so much to take in that it's very tough for me to gauge. It wasn't an album full of bangers. That's for sure. Not a lot of songs I can play over and over again for a while.

n95 is the only one I find myself playing a lot. Count me out is good, too. Father Time and We Cry together are good songs, too, but don't have a lot of replay value for me. Then there are songs like Auntie Diaries and Mother I Sober, which are deep songs that I have trouble getting into.

Pusha T's album, on the other hand, may not have had quite as much 'substance', but there are more songs on there with replay value, imo.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009

I think Kendrick is probably okay with this. He made the album he wanted to and it has had wide-spread critical acclaim.

Plus, this is his last album on TDE. Perhaps he'll release a more commercially-viable project under PGLang when he has more ownership. The money doesn't seem to motivate him though.

Kristopher Letang

RIP Nipsey
Mar 7, 2013
Montréal, QC
It looks like I was a week off. I’m hoping for a " Dark Lane Demo Tapes"/ "More life" vibes!

09B0647B-970F-41FE-9A84-234BE81B508D.jpeg

Last edited:

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
Phenomenal night of music.

Eminem Snoop Dogg surprise drop.
Chris Brown album
Lil Durk Album
YG ft 21 savage, Tyga & BIA Song
Dot Da Genius new song ft Kid Cudi, JID & Denzel Curry
Roddy Ricch Album
MGK Album (Rock)
French Montana album
Don Q Album
Lil Nas X w/ Youngboy new song
Dababy new song
Money Man album
Shordie Shordie new song
Ray Vaughn new song
Lupe Fiasco new album

Everyone seemed to drop something this week. Lots of listening to do.

Last edited:

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Phenomenal night of music.

Eminem Snoop Dogg surprise drop.
Chris Brown album
Lil Durk Album
YG ft 21 savage, Tyga & BIA Song
Dot Da Genius new song ft Kid Cudi, JID & Denzel Curry
Roddy Ricch Album
MGK Album (Rock)
French Montana album
Don Q Album
Lil Nas X w/ Youngboy new song
Dababy new song
Money Man album
Shordie Shordie new song
Ray Vaughn new song

Everyone seemed to drop something this week. Lots of listening to do.

New Lupe album too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad