Music: The Official Hip-Hop Thread: The Next One

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Anyone in the game murdering features like Cole? Kendrick and Cole were this generation's OV and Crosby. I love Kendrick, but he just hasnt put out enough content over the years for me to justify putting him ahead of Cole. J Cole has been on a tear for years now.

I think Cole wants to go down as one of the best rappers ever where as Kendrick is content with making a phenomenal living and rapping when he feels that itch; nothing wrong with that.

Kristopher Letang

RIP Nipsey
Mar 7, 2013
Montréal, QC
Anyone in the game murdering features like Cole? Kendrick and Cole were this generation's OV and Crosby. I love Kendrick, but he just hasnt put out enough content over the years for me to justify putting him ahead of Cole. J Cole has been on a tear for years now.

I think Cole wants to go down as one of the best rappers ever where as Kendrick is content with making a phenomenal living and rapping when he feels that itch; nothing wrong with that.
Cole said that he’s not trying to compete with Drake/Kendrick anymore so idk about that. Out of the 3, Drake seems to be the only one who wants to go down as the best to ever do it tbh.

I can’t wait for Kendrick to come back, I think it’ll bring the best out of everyone. No one is going for the crown and it’s kinda boring.

Last edited:

BobColesNasalCavity

Oct 15, 2016
West Side
Being a huge Shady/Aftermath/GUnit booster when I was young, it was always blasphemous to even consider giving Ja Rule any airplay on the Ipod/burned CD. What's the rule on it now? 20 years have passed and I've shamelessly been bumping a few Ja songs from when he was flying high. Don't mind it, but feel dirty listening to him. Thoughts?

EDIT: Actually let's talk about Ja for a bit. Ja had a brief climb to the top of the mountain in the late-late 90s-early 2000s before being crucified, thrown off the mountain and buried by Aftermath/Shady/GUnit. What do you guys remember about Ja and Murda Inc. during their peak?

Last edited:

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Being a huge Shady/Aftermath/GUnit booster when I was young, it was always blasphemous to even consider giving Ja Rule any airplay on the Ipod/burned CD. What's the rule on it now? 20 years have passed and I've shamelessly been bumping a few Ja songs from when he was flying high. Don't mind it, but feel dirty listening to him. Thoughts?

EDIT: Actually let's talk about Ja for a bit. Ja had a brief climb to the top of the mountain in the late-late 90s-early 2000s before being crucified, thrown off the mountain and buried by Aftermath/Shady/GUnit. What do you guys remember about Ja and Murda Inc. during their peak?
I was listening to Holla Holla last night on the way home lol forgot how much I liked it.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008

I was young when he came out (probably around 12). I was just getting into 2Pac, and I enjoyed Ja Rule because he sounded like Pac. I especially liked the song 'so much pain' because Ja pretty much impersonated Pac on Pac's own song.

He had some good hits. Some of which I'll still listen to today. 'Always on Time' comes to mind, but going after Em's daughter was a big mistake. Not sure why he went after a juggernaut like Aftermath, but he caught the wrath of a prime, pissed off Eminem. I still listen to Shit Hits the Fan during my workouts. That beat is KILLER!

Reactions: BobColesNasalCavity

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad