Music: The Official Hip-Hop Thread: The Next One

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

holy

Demigod
May 22, 2017
Dude, I understand your struggle. Being the minority among minorities is the new Jim crow. LOL
Yeah can’t lie white people got a terrible rap rn. Karma for past acts, but people really gotta learn forgiveness as well. We’re ****ed without it.

holy

Demigod
May 22, 2017
Roddy album is okay. It’s the Lil Baby effect that once they get to eat they fall in place musically. Shame cause when both them came out it was so fresh. This sounds exactly how I’d expect.

holy

Demigod
May 22, 2017
Not a single Roddy Rich song on the No Cap playlist on Spotify. Damn people really cooking his ass for the mid album.

holy

Demigod
May 22, 2017
Year of the mid album. Gunna got like 1-2 songs that I would play again and The Weeknd sounds like a soulless played out instrument at this point.

Please God, bless us with some good music soon. Amen.

EDIt: Gunna’s project on a second listen ain’t that bad actually. Kinda nice chill vibe to some of it. Nothing crazy but I was a bit harsh. Weeknd is definitely in some plateaued state though.

Last edited:

Ben Grimm

It's clobberin time!🥊
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
I'm living in the 90s listening to De La Soul, Digable Planets, and A Tribe Called Quest.

holy

Demigod
May 22, 2017
I'm living in the 90s listening to De La Soul, Digable Planets, and A Tribe Called Quest.
Nice, never heard of Digable Planets. What’s some cool tracks by them?

I’ve been listening to a lot of 00s hip hop like Cash Money, Dipset, UGK. There used to be so many rap collectives thinking about it now.

Reactions: Ben Grimm

Ben Grimm

It's clobberin time!🥊
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
Nice, never heard of Digable Planets. What’s some cool tracks by them? I’ve been listening to a lot of 00s hip hop like Cash Money, Dipset, UGK. There used to be so many rap collectives thinking about it now.

Rebirth Of Slick (Cool Like Dat)

Where I'm From

Pacifics (Sdtrk "N.Y. Is Red Hot")

Jettin'

For Corners

Dog It

Black Ego

La Femme Fetal

It's Good To Be Here

Where I'm From - LP Version/2005 Digital Remaster

Last edited:

BobColesNasalCavity

Oct 15, 2016
West Side
Nice, never heard of Digable Planets. What’s some cool tracks by them?

I’ve been listening to a lot of 00s hip hop like Cash Money, Dipset, UGK. There used to be so many rap collectives thinking about it now.

Been on a big Dipset binge too after reading Jim Jones say his mom taught him to tongue kiss lol.

Early 2000s... man what a time to be alive if you listened to hip hop.

Last edited:

holy

Demigod
May 22, 2017
Been on a big Dipset binge too after reading Jim Jones say his mom taught him to tongue kiss lol.

Early 2000s... man what a time to be alive if you listened to hip hop.
Lmao that’s the wildest reason I’ve ever heard for someone checking on someone’s music again.

Ben Grimm

It's clobberin time!🥊
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
Kanye fired shots at Pete Davidson in an upcoming track. Jealous much? Kanye needs to compare their careers and move on. His dating with that uncute model seems so fake and staged.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad