Music: The Official Hip-Hop Thread: The Next One

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
I'm an unapologetic Drake stan but I'm not crazy about this album, at least not yet. At least, I think everyone is going overboard with the praise so far. I don't find it to be very cohesive, I think the first half in particular is weak. Drake definitely seems to be hungrier and has some bars on this album but I don't know if that translates to me liking it as a body of work just yet. 21 does his usual thing on it but is only in 20% of the album.

I could also just be in a cranky mood today and need more spins. It took me a week or so to start appreciating IYRTITL.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Drake namedropping the Sega City Playdium across for Square One lol

if you were a 90s Toronto kid like me, you definitely went to at least one birthday party there

holy

Demigod
May 22, 2017
The Montreal Canadiens line goes so hard to me. Drake is such a good panderer lmao.

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
All the talk is about the drake and 21 album meanwhile I’m over here with YGs new one on repeat.

I GOT ISSUES is a very good album. Wasn’t expecting to enjoy it so much.

Also been really feeling the Brits these days. Some kid named “Knucks” has a great album out called ALPHA PLACE. Check it out :).

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Nas - Kings Disease III

is iconic. easily best album of the year for me and maybe be one of his best after illmatic. not one feature and just pure lyrical fire with crazy beats by hit-boy.

I know it wont get the love like Drake and 21s album but it should def get the respect as Nas got Nasty on this.

Reactions: DaaaaB's

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004

When I was in college one of my roommates had mental health issues and quit taking his meds while at the same time starting doing more illegal drugs before eventually checking into a psychiatric hospital. During the period where he was messed up he would play this song loudly nonstop for hours on end and when we asked him to stop he just put headphones on and sang along loudly.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Fire remake of a classic. Cordae is in his bag.

Honestly, his style bores me. I really enjoyed him on that album where he collabed with Meek. "I'm Gonna Make it" I believe the song is called. But since then- I've tried hard to get into him- and it just doesn't work.

And this is coming from someone who think J Cole is a top-5 MC ever, so I like my 'boring' rappers, haha.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad