Blue Jays Discussion: The official Davis Schneider Appreciation Society

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
Can't see many taking Springer after a down year but I would be ok moving on, and redirecting that money. He may bounce back a bit but his best days are behind him IMO, more than likely we are stuck with 3 more years of him.
If it's a matter of being able to retool around a Soto or Ohtani player while keeping Bo and Vlad onboard I am okay with shopping out some prospects to ditch the Springer contract.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009

1701638035788.jpeg

Bregman has 1 year left at $30M. They never re-sign free agents. Jays send $27M over 3 years to even out the value.

So it’s 3 years of Springer at $16M per, Espinal and Biggio for 1 year of Bregman at $30M.

Reactions: hockeywiz542

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
“Could” they? Absolutely.

But yes it is extremely unrealistic. I can’t remember Morosi ever being so confident of something happening (or rather not happening) related to the Jays. He loves to chat Jays for clicks but I can’t remember the last time he’s broken Jays news.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017

I started listening to baseball on the radio when I was child in the 70‘s and since the 80s I listened to Tom Cheek. Radio is still my preferred method of consuming a Jays game, but if they're hiring Shulman to do radio it’s basically over. I’m not kidding, I think the younger Shuman is worse than his father, and that’s saying something.

Wagner and the young lady that played with the Vols would be able tell us what happened during a play.

Dr.Funk

Jul 2, 2004
I started listening to baseball on the radio when I was child in the 70‘s and since the 80s I listened to Tom Cheek. Radio is still my preferred method of consuming a Jays game, but if they're hiring Shulman to do radio it’s basically over. I’m not kidding, I think the younger Shuman is worse than his father, and that’s saying something.

Wagner and the young lady that played with the Vols would be able tell us what happened during a play.

Dan Shulman is one of the best pbp guys in North America.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough

Horrendous take.

MK78

Apr 8, 2023
Honestly I think they will probably do a simulcast TV/Radio program, like they did during covid. Remember that they haven't been sending Wagner on road games for radio broadcasts since the covid restrictions were lifted, he's been basically doing remote PBP from Toronto.

If they haven't fired Wagner outright, he will probably be in the ever revolving door of PBP & colour commentators, they are probably preparing for Buck Martinez eventual retirement.

Rogers has been neglecting the radio side big time. this move doesn't surprise me.

Reactions: TheTotalPackage

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
The Jays are in great hands on the TV side. Campbell is a lifer and perfect for the role he's in. Shulman is one of the best and the Jays having him as their full-time PBP adds so much credibility to the broadcast. Siddall has really grown into and excelled in the role, and is going to make for a seamless transition from Buck whenever he decides to call it a career (I've always enjoyed him, but he's best suited in the colour analyst role). They're done well mining guys like Axford and Romero, and having Morneau during the playoffs is a major coup too.

It's unfortunate they don't give a shit about the radio side, because baseball is the one sport which actually translates well on the radio. We were spoiled with Cheek and Howarth. Wilner, as passionate as he is, was the worst homer who made it difficult to want to listen to him. Wagner was a nice progression back to credibility, and he was damn good at it too (and young), and they just pissed it away.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
The Jays are in great hands on the TV side. Campbell is a lifer and perfect for the role he's in. Shulman is one of the best and the Jays having him as their full-time PBP adds so much credibility to the broadcast. Siddall has really grown into and excelled in the role, and is going to make for a seamless transition from Buck whenever he decides to call it a career (I've always enjoyed him, but he's best suited in the colour analyst role). They're done well mining guys like Axford and Romero, and having Morneau during the playoffs is a major coup too.

It's unfortunate they don't give a shit about the radio side, because baseball is the one sport which actually translates well on the radio. We were spoiled with Cheek and Howarth. Wilner, as passionate as he is, was the worst homer who made it difficult to want to listen to him. Wagner was a nice progression back to credibility, and he was damn good at it too (and young), and they just pissed it away.
Fortunately most of the opponents have decent radio PbP , but on a sunny Sunday while I’m piddlin’ around the gardens I‘d prefer the Jays broadcast.
I gave up on the Rogers TV broadcast a couple of yrs ago

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
Fortunately most of the opponents have decent radio PbP , but on a sunny Sunday while I’m piddlin’ around the gardens I‘d prefer the Jays broadcast.
I gave up on the Rogers TV broadcast a couple of yrs ago
Honestly, this is wild to me (and I assume to most people). I doubt you'll find more than a handful of other people who don't like Shulman. He's widely considered one of the best in the business by people on both sides of the border.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
It's funny how mad the Yankee fans in the comments are. They are so used to the exaggerated value of their prospects.

Plus it’s not like Michael King is a slam dunk starter moving forward. He’s 28, has two years remaining on his contract, and hasn’t been a full time starter since before the pandemic.

And we don’t even know if King is on the table. For all we know the Yanks could be packaging prospects alongside Clarke Schmidt. If that’s the case then a Manoah+ starts to look a little more intriguing.

Last edited:

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
Tells you all you need to know yet again...he's aces, and to be fair I loved listening to Tom Cheek and Early Wynn in 77 up until Tom Cheek/Jerry Howarth.

Don Chevrier and Tony Kubek on TV games IIRC
I remember it as Chevrier and Kubek as well. And wasn't it Fergie Oliver as the on-field reporter?

Last edited:

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
So Braves get Kelenic for taking on $20M. Seattle got nothing back but saving money. Have to believe Seattle has a big move coming. Soto? Jump back in on Ohtani? Bellinger?

Reactions: hockeywiz542
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad