Blue Jays Discussion: The official Davis Schneider Appreciation Society

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

as Pure as Evil

Sep 18, 2011
Hell, Alberta
Tiedemann, Meonah and what for Soto?
For 1 year of Soto I would hope to hell not.
Manoah 1 for one .maybe

I don't see why we hand out.all our top prospects when he has 1 year left and 99.9% chance hew testing free agency

Tieds is a no go he coulr be exceptional and hes done nothing but climb since thr day we drafted him

ill do manoah but for the money and control difference they better be adding a plus

Let's not forget manoah was a year away from being in thr Cy young votes

Otherwise you pick out of the 6 to 15 prospects. If Soto had 3 years or something you could argue. But the Padres asking for more then they paid is hilarious

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
Clues Suggest Shohei Ohtani May Be Advancing With Blue Jays - Sports Illustrated

The first day of the MLB winter meetings has been a snooze (literally—at least one reporter fell asleep in the press room), but that could change soon. Circumstantial evidence points to the possibility that Shohei Ohtani, the jewel of the sport and of the offseason, might be advancing in conversations with the Blue Jays.

Ohtani, 29, has been linked with Toronto for weeks, although both sides have taken pains to keep machinations quiet. On Monday there may have been a development. Blue Jays GM Ross Atkins reportedly switched his scheduled in-person media availability to Zoom, then declined to tell reporters where he was. Ohtani’s agent, Nez Balelo, was not believed to be in Nashville on Monday either. Ohtani is thought to be at home somewhere in the western United States, perhaps with his dog, whose name he has also not disclosed. (This is the level of secrecy we are dealing with.)

Meanwhile, Blue Jays manager John Schneider, who had been scheduled to address the media on Monday afternoon, had his session moved to Tuesday. A person familiar with that process said the change had been made Friday. A team spokesperson did not return a request for comment as to whether Atkins’s classified location and Schneider’s schedule change were related. Atkins did not return a request for comment as to whether he was at that moment with Ohtani. Balelo did not return a request for comment as to whether he was at that moment with Atkins.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
Clues Suggest Shohei Ohtani May Be Advancing With Blue Jays - Sports Illustrated

The first day of the MLB winter meetings has been a snooze (literally—at least one reporter fell asleep in the press room), but that could change soon. Circumstantial evidence points to the possibility that Shohei Ohtani, the jewel of the sport and of the offseason, might be advancing in conversations with the Blue Jays.

Ohtani, 29, has been linked with Toronto for weeks, although both sides have taken pains to keep machinations quiet. On Monday there may have been a development. Blue Jays GM Ross Atkins reportedly switched his scheduled in-person media availability to Zoom, then declined to tell reporters where he was. Ohtani’s agent, Nez Balelo, was not believed to be in Nashville on Monday either. Ohtani is thought to be at home somewhere in the western United States, perhaps with his dog, whose name he has also not disclosed. (This is the level of secrecy we are dealing with.)

Meanwhile, Blue Jays manager John Schneider, who had been scheduled to address the media on Monday afternoon, had his session moved to Tuesday. A person familiar with that process said the change had been made Friday. A team spokesperson did not return a request for comment as to whether Atkins’s classified location and Schneider’s schedule change were related. Atkins did not return a request for comment as to whether he was at that moment with Ohtani. Balelo did not return a request for comment as to whether he was at that moment with Atkins.

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008

Why it might make more sense for Blue Jays to pivot from Shohei to Juan Soto

2:34 | December 4, 2023

MLB host Jeff Blair joins The FAN Morning Show to weigh in on the Blue Jays off-season rumours, saying "I've always felt it was more likely that the Jays were going to end up with Juan Soto this off-season, than Shohei Ohtani."

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008
Jays offer is the highest. Wowzers! o_O
I have a feeling if the Jays offer is the "highest" it's because it's high AAV (50-70M) and short-term (2 years). That could be attractive to Ohtani because he would get to re-enter the free agent market again in his prime (age 30) just in time for his return to the mound, and he could reassess his situation then without being locked in if he doesn't like it here. That could also be attractive to the Jays because it coincides with the end of this current core's contracts, which would allow them to go in a new direction in 2 years, while going all in now when they're increasing ticket prices and unveiling all these stadium changes.

Last edited:

as Pure as Evil

Sep 18, 2011
Hell, Alberta
If it does happen

I'll probably get a ban for linking a song from one of the best and hardly known dark metal groups . Vader been around since there late 80s.

But yeah guess it will be time to use it

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
I have a feeling if the Jays offer is the "highest" it's because it's high AAV (50-70M) and short-term (2 years). That could be attractive to Ohtani because he would get to re-enter the free agent market again in his prime (age 30) just in time for his return to the mound, and he could reassess his situation then without being locked in if he doesn't like it here. That could also be attractive to the Jays because it coincides with the end of this current core's contracts, which would allow them to go in a new direction in 2 years, while going all in now when they're increasing ticket prices and unveiling all these stadium changes.
I think the AAV would have to be insane for Ohtani to accept a delay like that. He's already going to get $500 million, so the risk is too high to take a short term deal. If anything, I think it would be a front-loaded deal with opt outs, but I doubt he even considers a purely short-term deal.

as Pure as Evil

Sep 18, 2011
Hell, Alberta
I am honestly more interested in what breed of dog he owns.
Not to rob your statement but here's a shot of the clan today.

The older brother didn't like the middle child laying on him lol

Attachments

• IMG_20231204_185119.jpg
    IMG_20231204_185119.jpg
    216.1 KB · Views: 2
  • 20231203_115413.jpg
    20231203_115413.jpg
    163.1 KB · Views: 2
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events