Blue Jays Discussion: The official Davis Schneider Appreciation Society

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
Didn't another player also have some issues with turtles?

Buehrle. He came here anyway, but he had to leave his pitbulls across the border, and he wasn't happy about it.

Ken mentioned in the article based on Ohtani's personality, this could mean things are progressing but that was a guess. Said there were signs all day something was going on between Jays and Ohtani

Man, Ohtani doesn't like leaks, but that's an exciting update.

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
Doesn’t bode well for us if that leaked and Ohtani values privacy.

That being said, Ohtani is just there for a tour. Still courting. Liam Hendriks visited the training camp facility too but signed with Chicago. Nothing is close to being done re: Jays and Ohtani.
Maybe Ohtani’s doing certain things to test what teams are leaking. Cubs seem to be in a good spot if that’s true.

Tw1ster

Mar 12, 2008
West Coast
Not sure how I feel about this leak after it was stated he would hold any leaks against the team he’s meeting with.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
There is a leak and he doesn't like leaks.
Yet, if he really did showed up at Jays facilities, it is pretty hard to keep it under taps, since everyone knows how he looked like.
Or he is really not signing with the Jays and Jays just used Ken to throw the excuse out that someone leaked it and thats why he is not signing-which is stupid.
Or he is signing with the Jays and some random person leaked it to Ken to earn a quick thousand dollars.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
NY fans are saying Padres asked for King and Volpe, along with 4 other top prospects. Yankees couldn't do it. Plus pay Soto 33 million.

Yankees feel Padres have to come back to them because they have the top prospects. They say our farm system don:t have kind of prospects Padres want.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
There is a leak and he doesn't like leaks.
Yet, if he really did showed up at Jays facilities, it is pretty hard to keep it under taps, since everyone knows how he looked like.
Or he is really not signing with the Jays and Jays just used Ken to throw the excuse out that someone leaked it and thats why he is not signing-which is stupid.
Or he is signing with the Jays and some random person leaked it to Ken to earn a quick thousand dollars.
Or Using the leak to put pressure on LA.

The facilities in Dunedin are about as good as you’ll get, so that’s a positive.

Reactions: Gabriel426

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006
NY fans are saying Padres asked for King and Volpe, along with 4 other top prospects. Yankees couldn't do it. Plus pay Soto 33 million.

Yankees feel Padres have to come back to them because they have the top prospects. They say our farm system don:t have kind of prospects Padres want.
Volpe was a 60 grade prospect (better than Tiedemann).

Keep in mind that Manoah has better numbers over his last 3 years than King (including last year) and that King has a total of 9 starts at the big league level.

Volpe is better than anything Toronto has, but there's a virtual 0 chance that NYY makes him available (and TBH, I wouldn't trade Volpe straight up for a signed Soto if I were NYY because of money differences, age, and position)

The last rumor I saw (the non-Volpe one) suggested King and some guys who were preseason 45s, which would be like Manoah and Martinez.

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
I just saw on the score app that we were meeting Ohtani in Dunedin yesterday at the facility?

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
Am in the only one who would prefer the Soto option than Othani?

I mean, i won’t complained that’s for sure if Othani is coming though. But as a fit, age, health, etc, i prefer soto

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008

I mean, i won’t complained that’s for sure if Othani is coming though. But as a fit, age, health, etc, i prefer soto
Yes and no, added benefit of Ohtani is you keep the package you would have used for Soto to upgrade elsewhere.

I mean really the only downside is age and Ohtani has shown to be a very productive hitter so I'm not overly worried if we get a ring out of it.

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006

Yes, yes you are.

Soto is a one-year rental that costs assets to acquire and will make 33 million.

Ohtani would be signed long term, wouldn't cost assets, and creates a roster benefit that doesn't exist for anyone else (after the first year of his deal and possibly 40 innings of year 2 if there is no injury exception, he counts as a position player for roster purposes, so Toronto can carry an extra pitcher that no other team is entitled to).

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012

As a player, Soto is a fantastic fit for the team. But Ohtani costs only money (and some minor assets because of the QO) and would be here for many years, while Soto would cost a significant prospect package and only be here for one.

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
I just got the feeling news is going to break today where he signs.
Seems like a good day to get things rolling. I still think he ends up with the Dodgers and we overpay for Soto. I also get an uneasy feeling that Bo may be traded (more likely next offseason if they trade for Soto) I wonder if they know he won’t sign long term.

Reactions: TimeZone

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Man, we can get Ohtani but 2 things have to happen internally for it to really make a huge difference: Vladdy needs to hit like Vladdy can. Springer’s numbers have to at least plateau, if his numbers take another tumble next year, we are in trouble. That’s my fear, If Springer continues to decline we have a big hole in the lineup.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario

I can't imagine why anyone would prefer a pending UFA, who would cost a ton of assets to acquire versus the best player in baseball, who would only cost money to acquire.

I really don't understand how you arrived at this conclusion.

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006
I can't imagine why anyone would prefer a pending UFA, who would cost a ton of assets to acquire versus the best player in baseball, who would only cost money to acquire.

I really don't understand how you arrived at this conclusion.
I believe the fact that Ohtani has recently had TJ #2 is part of it. I still believe that Ohtani has to be option 1, but it is Ohtani, Soto then a cliff.

Reactions: Ale Brew

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Volpe was a 60 grade prospect (better than Tiedemann).

Keep in mind that Manoah has better numbers over his last 3 years than King (including last year) and that King has a total of 9 starts at the big league level.

Volpe is better than anything Toronto has, but there's a virtual 0 chance that NYY makes him available (and TBH, I wouldn't trade Volpe straight up for a signed Soto if I were NYY because of money differences, age, and position)

The last rumor I saw (the non-Volpe one) suggested King and some guys who were preseason 45s, which would be like Manoah and Martinez.
I heard that on WFAN talk show. Not sure if true or not. Most were willing to part with King and Volpe but no more. They say asking price on Soto is sky high

MK78

Apr 8, 2023
It's unfortunate they don't give a shit about the radio side, because baseball is the one sport which actually translates well on the radio. We were spoiled with Cheek and Howarth. Wilner, as passionate as he is, was the worst homer who made it difficult to want to listen to him. Wagner was a nice progression back to credibility, and he was damn good at it too (and young), and they just pissed it away.

They started giving up on radio many years ago, with the programming dwindling, weekends are the absolute worst.

Even on weekdays when there is no game on they will just dump to CBS sports radio at like 7PM onwards. I'm not saying have 24/7 programming like they attempted one time, but at least have something going until midnight.

I think this is all a result of the disaster hockey rights deal, as they started cutting a lot of the higher priced talent on both TV & Radio in 2019 onwards.

Reactions: TheTotalPackage
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad