Blue Jays Discussion: The official Davis Schneider Appreciation Society

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
Yamamoto is projected to get close to $300 mil. Mets and Dodgers are hot and heavy on the guy.

Yeah thats fine. He is expected to be an ace. I dont expect the Jays to get him but i would rather go after him and trade from the pitching surplus for a bat than the next tier in Bellinger or even Chapman.

Reactions: TheMadHatTrick

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009

Watched the Roberts presser and i thought he just mentioned he met with Ohtani and that was it. This guy went into detail about their interest and it went on for 10+ minutes. If Ohtani truly values privacy then i cant see how he entertains the Dodgers at all.

Roberts really messed up big here.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009

King and Thorpe? SD has to be sending a lot more back or an extension has to be coming with it. This is the same surplus value as us giving up Tiedemann and Manoah.

Last edited:

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
Soto to the Yankees would be amazing if they sell the farm and he walks into free agency. Not sure how the luxury taxes work but they have Judge and Stanton already.. how could they give 40 plus to Soto?
In 2027, the Yankees have $128 million committed to four players, the youngest of which will be 34. They're in a tough, weird spot, especially considering they're already a really old team and not particularly good.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
King & Thrope is very close value wise to Manoah and Tiedemann on BTV for what it's worth. If their adding even more on top, I gotta tip my cap. That's a lot. But it is Soto.

Screen Shot 2023-12-07 at 12.36.55 AM.png

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
Ohtani is the dream, but Bellinger isn't a typical participation award. By all reports we have a very good chance at the big prize, at least Bellinger is a free agent and doesn't deplete our prospect pool. Also until the deal is done, it's never actually over.. ask the Giants about that.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
I wouldn't trade Manoah for King under any circumstances. I'd be shocked if SD considered them the same either. King has never proven that he can be a starter.
I think the value gap between Manoah and King is a lot closer then what BTV has it. King is not 3 x more valuable then Manoah. Maybe he's a tad more valuable but it should be way closer. I would personally take Manoah and Tiedemann over that duo but I'm not sure the Jays would offer both of them.

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
Ohtani is the dream, but Bellinger isn't a typical participation award. By all reports we have a very good chance at the big prize, at least Bellinger is a free agent and doesn't deplete our prospect pool. Also until the deal is done, it's never actually over.. ask the Giants about that.
We need another big bat, bellinger isnt that.

Reactions: TimeZone
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad