Blue Jays Discussion: The official Davis Schneider Appreciation Society

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
If he repeats his 2023 season I would say he is.
I'm so underwhelmed watching us get 12 hits and scoring 2 runs. I don't really care to add another good base running singles machine that plays solid defense. We need some game changing power on the middle that is hard for the opposition to navigate. (I don't believe he repeats his FA year numbers)

Dr.Funk

Jul 2, 2004
I'm so underwhelmed watching us get 12 hits and scoring 2 runs. I don't really care to add another good base running singles machine that plays solid defense. We need some game changing power on the middle that is hard for the opposition to navigate. (I don't believe he repeats his FA year numbers)

So you're looking for a guy who strikes out a lot

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
So you're looking for a guy who strikes out a lot
If it nets us more runs scoring off HR, Bellingers profile doesn't age well once the wheels come off his legs. Who wants to be paying a $200 million contract for a corner OF with no power or speed?

Reactions: Killer Orcas

Ale Brew

Feb 24, 2020
If it nets us more runs scoring off HR, Bellingers profile doesn't age well once the wheels come off his legs. Who wants to be paying a $200 million contract for a corner OF with no power or speed?
I’m not advocating for Bellinger at the reported price, but he did hit 26 HR’s last year and 47 in 2019 (supposedly the last time he was fully healthy).

I like his profile and fit. I’m just scared he’s brittle and goes back to that sub 200 hitter.

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006
I don't think Bellinger is plan C. I think Bellinger/Chapman is plan D.

Plan C is trade for someone not known to be available (or someone who isn't available but gets traded for anyway)

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
I’m not advocating for Bellinger at the reported price, but he did hit 26 HR’s last year and 47 in 2019 (supposedly the last time he was fully healthy).

I like his profile and fit. I’m just scared he’s brittle and goes back to that sub 200 hitter.
That's exactly it, he's a glass cannon and I want no part of a long term deal with him, I won't be shocked to see him be 2023 Springer next year.

Reactions: Ale Brew

mikeyz

Dec 3, 2013

Wasn't Soto supposed to be their back up plan in case they didn't get Shohei!!!......... So you know what this means right?????? 😉😉😉😉😉😉

IT'S HAPPENING BOYS!!!!!!...... IT'S f***ING HAPPENING!!! 😉😉😉😉😉

Attachments

• 20231206_132201.jpg
    20231206_132201.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 3
Reactions: Jojalu

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
Did anyone on this board ever think the Jays would be chosen over the Mets and their deep pockets for Springer? How about Gausman and Bassit? Did you all think those were targets that they would acquire via free agency against teams like the Yankees and Texas who were in talks for both before they decided on Toronto?

All I am saying is what all of them stated as to why they came here is the team is setup for long term success with Vlad and Bo. That the Jays put together the best presentation and stood out from everyone else. That their new Spring Training facility and plans to make facilities both there and in the Rogers Center more appealing to the player and their experience.

True that the Dodgers are the cream of the crop in MLB. But Toronto has a lot to offer, and none of you on this board can tell me you expected the past signings.

So Ohtani is possible. To be honest if he’s a business man, and has the best agent. He should be pushed to Toronto. He has more money to be made here than in LA. Forget the contract, endorsements alone would double his earnings representing an entire Country.

Dr.Funk

Jul 2, 2004

Wasn't Soto supposed to be their back up plan in case they didn't get Shohei!!!......... So you know what this means right?????? 😉😉😉😉😉😉

IT'S HAPPENING BOYS!!!!!!...... IT'S f***ING HAPPENING!!! 😉😉😉😉😉

Yankees haven't been in on Ohtani

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
Here is a question? Why would SD finalize a deal with the Yankees if jays haven’t been determined a winner for Ohtani?

Jays are said to be interested in both. But Ohtani first. So why wouldn’t they wait for Ohtani to be decided before dealing Soto?

Unless of course the only other team interested in paying the price for Soto is out because they have won the Ohtani sweepstakes!!!

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
Here is a question? Why would SD finalize a deal with the Yankees if jays haven’t been determined a winner for Ohtani?

Jays are said to be interested in both. But Ohtani first. So why wouldn’t they wait for Ohtani to be decided before dealing Soto?

Unless of course the only other team interested in paying the price for Soto is out because they have won the Ohtani sweepstakes!!!
I think it's likely the fact the Yankees blinked and gave the Padres what they wanted.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario

It could be as simple as the Jays providing them with their contingent final offer, and the Padres going back to the Yanks to get them to bid more.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009

I suspect SD went to everyone and said the Yankees upped their offer and this is what we want from you and the Jays gave them a hard no. Or SD had their asking price met and no reason to wait on Ohtani and risk a deal falling apart when you got what you wanted.

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008
Please no to Bellinger at the term he wants. Yes, he's coming off a bounce back year but that's after three straight years of being a sub-2 WAR player. People are already crucifying Springer for his decline into a 2 WAR player at his salary imagine adding a few years and millions on that.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009

I mentioned earlier, SD is opening the season vs LAD in South Korea. Padres already have Kim and they will serve well to get Hoo Lee irrespective of his place of birth but that adds an extra layer. I expect the pitching needy Dodgers grab Ryu on a 1 year deal too.

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
Please no to Bellinger at the term he wants. Yes, he's coming off a bounce back year but that's after three straight years of being a sub-2 WAR player. People are already crucifying Springer for his decline into a 2 WAR player at his salary imagine adding a few years and millions on that.
This x10.

"If" we don't get Ohtani and with Soto now gone we might as well just blow our load elsewhere through trade to avoid that contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad