Player Discussion The Official Brock Boeser Risk Management Thread

Ernie

Aug 3, 2004
i think they have to sign boeser if they want to remain competitive but if there was ever a player to be skeptical about handing out a long term deal to it's gotta be boeser, right? we've all seen what happens when he loses a step

I think they'll average out his performance over his current contract and go from there, which seems fair. They're waiting to see how he does this year before they decide next steps.

shottasasa

Nov 16, 2011
Canada
I fear that his next deal is going to start with at least 8 and could be north of 9 if he looks on track to hit 40 again. Market for a RH 40 goal scorer who drives good two way results is going to be hot with the cap expected to jump again this summer. He might give a small discount to stay but probably not much. This is where the OEL buyout might hurt.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
There the Shea Theodore deal is a perfect example of what I was talking about last page. Looks like a great cap hit, but that's because the contract gives him $27.6M in the first 3 years and $17.1M in the final 3. Had he gone to free agency to cash out, he probably could have gotten someone to give him the top end of the deal for the entire duration.

That's what a team friendly deal with Boeser will look like. If he's scoring close to 40 again he deserves to make $8-9M the next few seasons, but chances are slim he'll be worth that the duration of his contract.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad