The Official 2014 (Annual) Habs Board Mock Draft (Done!)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Well you do seem to have an idea of who he doesn't want...maybe we could start with this? :D No seriously, I really wonder if a guy like Milano is still available, if he'd be interested. Wondering between Larkin and Milano who could be chosen.
From what I've seen, I'm hoping he's interested in Scherbak or Milano. I think they're #1 and #2 on my list for our pick. I have both of them in my Top-10, but I'm no pro either. I like McKeown too, and I know you don't as much.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
From what I've seen, I'm hoping he's interested in Scherbak or Milano. I think they're #1 and #2 on my list for our pick. I have both of them in my Top-10, but I'm no pro either. I like McKeown too, and I know you don't as much.

Actually, you have me mistaken. I don't mind McKeown as much. I think his deficiencies are overblown. I'd prefer Sanheim but at this point, I don't see him available. If we lose against the Rangers, we pick one spot after the Bruins and they will have no problem picking him ahead of us....Scherbak and Milano are also favorites of mine at our spot.

habsprospects

Nov 24, 2003
Sherbrooke, QC
habsprospects.com
FJDuFhn.jpg

With the 121st overall pick, the Buffalo Sabres are proud to announce the selection of Left Winger Andrew Mangiapane from the Barrie Colts of the OHL.

John Van Boxmeer said:
He emerged out of nowhere and made an impact with the Colts. He has tremendous hockey sense and he can really skate. He is a is a fearless competitor who drives the net hard and has a tireless work ethic.

Next GM has been PM'd

Last edited by a moderator:

Bud2790

Jun 2, 2009
Montreal
Dr. Gonzo (Boston) hasn't logged on for 2 days.

Shall we give him until 10pm?

He's away on a drinking (fishing) trip. Might have forgotten to send his list to someone or the person with the list (if anyone has it, my guess would be overlords) might not have realised it was Boston's turn.

Anyways, like every year, I really enjoy following this mock draft. Keep,up the great work guys!

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
FJDuFhn.jpg

With the 121st overall pick, the Buffalo Sabres are proud to announce the selection of Left Winger Andrew Mangiapane from the Barrie Colts of the OHL.
Next GM has been PM'd

Took almost until my next pick before someone from my short list got taken.

Now that's he's picked, can someone say why he's not ranked on CSS. :laugh:

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
Now that's he's picked, can someone say why he's not ranked on CSS. :laugh:

Seriously though. I know that all-rookie team selections from the leagues in the the CHL typically earn the honour before they're draft eligible age, but that doesn't mean you can go to sleep on the top rookies that ARE draft age already. :laugh: Ehlers and Goulet didn't get overlooked in the Q (lol), and not even Scherbak got forgotten along the way out West.

That

Aug 25, 2012
Toronto
"That" is gonna like that Mangiapane pick :laugh:

When we do the draft position +/- I don't see him going much higher. Anything can happen though. Although I think he will be a good player down the road, how many undersized players who dominated junior (which Mangiapane has yet to do; but I'm confident he will) turned out to be nothing at the NHL level? That's what concerning with Mangiapane, especially when his good, not great skating ability and extremely frail frame are taken into consideration.

Of course, I'd like to think he's different than those players. Mangiapane's an extremely hard worker, surprisingly strong despite being 160 lbs, and of course he's quite dynamic. I remember in the playoffs 6'6" Riley Bruce roughed him in the corner and then Mangiapane took a run at him and sent him into the bench. Bruce's teammates had to push him back on the ice. Then the next shift they were on the ice together, Mangiapane dangled around Bruce and set up Theoret (I believe) for a good scoring chance. That's what Mangiapane is all about and that's why I think he's going to be a solid player.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Just a reminder to everyone: If you can't consistently make your picks in a timely enough manner, don't take part in the mock next year.

I understand we have lives away from here, but if you're that busy, rather than take a spot away from someone who is really eager to participate, just decline the invitation.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
With the 122nd pick of the 2014 NHL draft, the New York Rangers select, from the Cape Breton Screaming Eagles, center Cameron Darcy.

"...we love the way Cameron plays the game, he is a smooth skating two way center who makes his linemates better with strong vision. He also posesses a good wrist shot. He is in the mold of Derek Stepan"

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
With the 122nd pick of the 2014 NHL draft, the New York Rangers select, from the Cape Breton Screaming Eagles, center Cameron Darcy.

"...we love the way Cameron plays the game, he is a smooth skating two way center who makes his linemates better with strong vision. He also posesses a good wrist shot. He is in the mold of Derek Stepan"

Was wondering where he'd go, as I haven't seen enough of him to get a good read. Stats are impressive, especially considering that he started to dominate before he was an overager. He has the body to play in the Pros. Some think he might go as high as the third round, but I have my doubts. To me, that's a good 5th round pick. The trend certainly seems heading towards more and more 2nd and 3rd year eligibles getting drafted the past few years and Darcy deserves to be drafted.

I will not name names, but I feel some posters will start to look into the 2nd and 3rd year eligibles now that you've start the ball;)

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
Via PM:

:ducks2:ducks2 Pick #123.

Anaheim selects:

Scott Savage, D, Boston College

Next GM will be PM'd.
Thanks!

"The Ducks have continued to build depth and mobility in our prospect pool on defense. Scott passed through last season undrafted, but has put together a strong freshman year and taken a step forward this year, and we think he should be drafted this time around. The suggestion has been that he was "lost in the shuffle" to some extent on the USNTDP blueline, that he hadn't quite translated his skills into the complete package from the blueline yet. But he made great strides this year, showing more confidence and wielding his talents to better effect in almost every aspect, and we don't think that progress should go unnoticed at the draft table. He's another mobile guy, and we think th'at he fits in nicely with McKeown, Mayo, and Nogier for what we're trying to build."

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
I'm not home. My phone is about to die. I'll pick around game time tonight. Sorry for the delay.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Sorry about that, I gave overlords an idea of who I wanted, I guess he didn't read his messages on twitter.

Didn't mean to hold you guys back.

Was a combination of a few things, being super ****ing busy at work and completely forgetting you had boston and not being online at the time your pick was up :laugh:

Grant McCagg

@duhduhduh
Dec 13, 2010
You see... we may be going slow as molasses, but at least the effort and thought is there...:)

I now know I won't be picking again until at least tomorrow...and I'm fine with that...really. :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad