The Official 2014 (Annual) Habs Board Mock Draft (Done!)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I'll be selecting tomorrow afternoon.. I'm away from my list at the moment and I work in 6 hours so I don't have time to narrow down the few guys I'm thinking about

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
I only saw him on a 32" TV, so I didn't quite get the same sense of his relative speed and his play away from the puck. Imagine if we ever got to see him live! :naughty:
:GWC:
He had an awesome hit early in the 1st period.

Unfortunately, he also had the blunder which caused the tying goal and let Guelph back into the game. It was a really ridiculous bounce, but the kid needed to look up before firing the puck down the ice. Unfortunate, but he'll learn. His play away from the puck could use some improvement. He's obviously smart enough since he gets PK time, but it seemed like a few times he was waiting for the puck. But this is his first year over in NA too, so he's got things to learn. There are more battles in the corners in NA hockey and less chance of a bouncy puck for him to use his speed on the breakout. But his wheels.. wow. He's got a long stride and can get anywhere on the ice quickly.

Watching on a bigger TV has more more worried about my Pollock selection than my Eller selection. I've seen Pollock before, and there's no question he works hard and he's a smart player, but man his skating needs some work. His skill is there though. He undressed the entire Guelph team at one point and almost scored. Fantastic instincts and hockey sense though. If he can improve his skating, he'll be very, very dangerous.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
:stars :stars

With the 119th selection in the 2014 NHL Entry Draft, the Dallas Stars are proud to select from Muskegon of the USHL, RW, Matheson Iacopelli.

11_Matt_Iacopelli_medium.jpg

"The driving point of this selection is the hope that some day he will make the NHL and be featured on a game broadcast by Bob Cole with Don Cherry providing Coaches Corner in the intermission. His name will give them fits just like his scoring ability has given goalies in the USHL fits. There are a lot of things that will have to go right for Matheson to make it to the show. However, in a draft like this, we feel we might as well swing for the fences with our extra 4th round choice. Iacopelli lead the USHL in scoring and was named to the USHL first-team all stars. Committed to go to Western Michigan we will monitor his development and hope that his scoring prowess continues at a higher level.

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
Welp, 3 more picks... I didn't believe that Moran or Irving might fall to me, but Duke, Eller, and Nejezcheleb were hopefuls... there's really only 1 guy left for pick #123... it will be interesting to see if youse'all can foil me on that one... :)

(And no offense to the other picks taken, I just don't know all the players in this draft, I am sort of a writeoff outside the CHL this year).

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Montreal should trade away all of their remaining 2014 picks for a top 10 pick.
That would be pretty freaking stupid.

If we can nab someone like Scherbak at #26 (or whatever we are now), he's just as good as guy you'll get at #10, IMO.

He's actually in the Top-10 on my list.

Dec 2, 2010
okay there's a draft thread for this nonsense, can we keep this mock related only? I don't come to this thread to lose brain cells.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Next year, for the sake of everybody involvement, I'd suggest that the second a GM knows it's his turn, he comes in here and says that he's aware and give some type of timeline. Or at the very least, just acknowledges that he knows. It would give us an idea that at least, he knows AND it gives him some time to make his pick. Just a suggestion.

Also, I entirely agree that we should start a little later.

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Next year, for the sake of everybody involvement, I'd suggest that the second a GM knows it's his turn, he comes in here and says that he's aware and give some type of timeline. Or at the very least, just acknowledges that he knows. It would give us an idea that at least, he knows AND it gives him some time to make his pick. Just a suggestion.

If we start any later, we might be rivaling the real draft. I'd almost be content with starting earlier.

Grant McCagg

@duhduhduh
Dec 13, 2010

Good idea WS.;)

I also like the suggestion of posting your pick..and adding the blurb and photo later also. That would speed things up quite a bit as well.

I realize I was being a bit blunt with folks in regards to leaving people with some sort of clue about when you will be picking if it's going to be hours later.....but I don't mind being the fall guy on here to get the point across..I'm kinda used to it now lol. We all have lives and this doesn't take precedence, but there's no reason why we can't tweak this a bit to try to speed things up...and be a little more courteous about the other people's lives too. When my pick is coming up I feel I need to be checking in on this thread regularly as possible so that I don't keep others waiting..it burns my cheese when others don't have the same outlook, and you are left having no idea when you might be picking. I have a life too..believe it or not.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
:) He doesn't tell me the guys he has in mind..I always have to try to figure that out myself. ;)

Well you do seem to have an idea of who he doesn't want...maybe we could start with this? :D No seriously, I really wonder if a guy like Milano is still available, if he'd be interested. Wondering between Larkin and Milano who could be chosen.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
If we start any later, we might be rivaling the real draft. I'd almost be content with starting earlier.

Well I think that before, it's a rivalry to playoffs, and not that we will always reach the 3rd round, but even if we don't, there's so many games involved throughout the league that I think it's a problem. Up to this point, whether we are in or not, there's plenty of gap between games. But whatever Habsfan18 decides.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Good idea WS.;)

I also like the suggestion of posting your pick..and adding the blurb and photo later also. That would speed things up quite a bit as well.

I realize I was being a bit blunt with folks in regards to leaving people with some sort of clue about when you will be picking if it's going to be hours later.....but I don't mind being the fall guy on here to get the point across..I'm kinda used to it now lol. We all have lives and this doesn't take precedence, but there's no reason why we can't tweak this a bit to try to speed things up...and be a little more courteous about the other people's lives too. When my pick is coming up I feel I need to be checking in on this thread regularly as possible so that I don't keep others waiting..it burns my cheese when others don't have the same outlook, and you are left having no idea when you might be picking. I have a life too..believe it or not.

Same here. Just letting people know that you've acknowledge the PM and just the name will be more than enough to speed things up. The photo and description should happen....but nobody cares how late it is after.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad