The Official 2014 (Annual) Habs Board Mock Draft (Done!)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
With the 109th pick in the 2014 NHL Entry Draft, the New York rangers select, from the Gatineau Olympiques, Alexis Pepin.

"...we feel Alexis has a huge upside as a power forward and is somewhat of a project at this point, but we are willing to be patient. He brings great size and physical game as well as a very good set of hands. We feel that if he can work on his conditioning and skating he can be a force in the NHL".

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
:kings

With the 111th pick, the Los Angeles Kings select, from the Victoria Royals of the WHL, defenseman,

Joe Hicketts

Joe-Hicketts.jpg

Future Considerations

Hicketts is a dynamic offensive defenseman who shows great poise from the point. His skating and smarts help make up for team lapses on the ice while his shot and passing skills make him lethal in the offensive end.

Probably not a chance he goes that high in the real draft. That said, I'm not a big fan of the depth his year, so much rather go with a talented player despite height/health issues. Other 5'8 d-men have shown they could play at the NHL level and be very effective. Guys like Spurgeon and Enstrom are good examples.

Draft recap

#20 David Pastrňák, F, Södertälje Sportklubb, HockeyAllsvenskan
#51 Jayce Hawryluk, F, Brandon Wheat Kings, WHL
#81 Lucas Wallmark, F, Luleå Hockeyförening, Svenska hockeyligan
#111 Joe Hicketts, D, Victoria Royals, WHL

PM'd eaglesmaster

Last edited:

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
I don't know if it's because of the awesome playoff run, but the mock just feels different this year. Interest level doesn't really seem to be there. If we do it again next year I don't think I want to do it during the playoffs. Maybe we'd wait until they're over.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I don't know if it's because of the awesome playoff run, but the mock just feels different this year. Interest level doesn't really seem to be there. If we do it again next year I don't think I want to do it during the playoffs. Maybe we'd wait until they're over.

Partly that but partly the draft class as well.. Im just at a new job so I've been unfortunate when its been my term

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC

When we were a bad team all we had to look forward to was the draft...now that we're trading for Vaneks and eliminating Presidents Trophy winners like a real team, the draft seems a little less important, a little further off :laugh:

Starting it later next year might be a good idea. I'm still enjoying it and following along.

Prospector

Aug 28, 2004
Still following it every day as an outsider! Love to read the reports and learn about incoming draftees from knowledgeable posters! Keep it up guys!

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
It's only 18th day of the draft and we're at pick 112 with the actual Habs in conference finals. I think that's pretty good.

eaglesmaster

Sep 20, 2008
:habs

With the 112th pick, the Montreal Canadiens are proud to select, from Frolunda J20, of the superelit league, Defenceman Julius Bergman.

juliusbergman_fhcj20.jpg

Julius possesses impressive physical characteristics. Uses his body and stick well to disrupt opposing rushes. Has good vision, seeing the ice very well and makes good outlet passes. Comfortable in all three zones.

Sorry for short blurb, have to rush for work, and I only get back at 10:30 pm, made it quick to not slow things down

*one man rock band has been pmed

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
:habs

With the 112th pick, the Montreal Canadiens are proud to select, from Frolunda J20, of the superelit league, Defenceman Julius Bergman.

He wasn't gone???? Wow...good pick at that rank. Thought he was gone....Pretty raw but really fine potential.

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
:blues :blues :blues

"With the 113th overall selection in the 2014 NHL Entry Draft, the St. Louis Blues are very excited to select, from the Edmonton Oil Kings of the Western Hockey League, forward Mads Eller!"

9698236.jpg

"Mads Eller is an overager, who we feel is a big part of the Oil Kings being a Memorial Cup team. Eller plays a strong two way game, isn't afraid to get physical, and puts in an unmatched effort every shift.

When he went to play intentional hockey in the World Juniors, you could see how much he's adapted the North American style with the sheer amount of penalty minutes he took. But, he adapted and stayed out the Sin Bin in the final two games, while producing, to help Denmark reach the highest group next year.

We feel that Mads is a very safe pick as we feel he has all the tools to be a very effective bottom-6 player. However, he may develop into more as he will have a bigger offensive role next year with Edmonton.

We're excited see he does in the Memorial Cup!"​

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
The fancier post for the 110th pick by the Minnesota Wild...

:wild :wild :wild

With the 110th selection of this mock draft, the Minnesota Wild are pleased to select; from Brno Kometa of the Czech league, Pavel Jenys!

LVA4b0159_OBM_1072.JPG

"Pavel Jenys is a pure character type player who strives on making himself a better hockey player every waking day. He has good foot speed and excels at puck battles, using his hockey IQ and hunger for the puck. He's a big boy at 6'2 that still has time to fill out his frame. We absolutely love his tenacity and his never-die attitude and in a market where we crave more goal scoring, Jenys' wicked release and excellent one-timers will look nice as he wears a Wild jersey. The defensive side of his game has improved from last year but still needs time. His confidence alone has won us over and we feel that at this point in the draft, we could not pass on Jenys."

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
From those dismal lethbridge hurricanes, the new york islanders select, with the 114th pick , Reid Duke!

Seems like a real character kid. Not big, not small either. Smart, works hard and has some skill.

He also plays for a really **** team and I like to look for those diamonds in the rough.

HomaridII

May 23, 2006
Montreal, Canada
With the 115th pick in the 2014 NHL draft, the Pittsburgh Penguins are proud to select from the Brandon Wheat Kings and the Czech Republic, winger Richard Nejezchleb.

After being passed over twice in the draft, Richard had a breakout year, scoring 32 goals in 66 games this year, his second in North America. Richard is a big rangy winger with great offensive potential who works well all over the ice. He will have to work on his speed but he we know him well, having seen him our prospect camp after he went undrafted. A big prospect who if he develops, could be a great addition to our lineup.

Next GM has been messaged.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad