The Official 2014 (Annual) Habs Board Mock Draft (Done!)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
Irving will not last that long....and even less with the Mem Cup coming. Which we don't have the luxury of waiting to see.

You're probably right. I had him in mind last pick as a "value" pick (for the sake of +/- when we "evaluate" the draft), and I'm sure everyone here was well aware that he was also the BPA by far on Bob's list.

MarkovtoSubban

Mar 11, 2009
Toronto
:cbj:cbj:cbj

With the 107th pick the Jackets select from the Portland Winterhawks C Dominic Turgeon

8276459573_537a6abc29_z.jpg

Jarmo says: "He has the size, smarts and bloodlines to develop into a special player. Has been an effective checking line center this season and shown strong defensive play. Over the next two years should get a chance to play top 6 minutes and show off the playmaking skills he inherited from his Hall of Fame father."

IMG_6331-1.jpg

Attention Columbus fans I Jarmo have won the draft for us. You are very welcome.

Last edited:

Dr Gonzo

#1 Jan Bulis Fan
Dec 13, 2009
Bat Country
Hopefully this makes it to 120 by tomorrow morning. I'm heading to a cottage all weekend.

I'll make sure to send someone a list though.

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
I have no more picks till the 7th so all your lists are safe!:laugh:

I'm out until 190... zzzzzzzzzz....... It's going to take forever to catch up to all the picks once my turn comes around. And I doubt I'll be paying very much attention by the time we get there, lol.

edit: So I guess I might as well do Ottawa's draft summary, since I know I'll end up getting autopicked in round 7.

:sens

Senators' Draft Recap

40. Travis Sanheim
"The word "revelation" has been used to describe Travis Sanheim's play, and rise to prominence in the prospect world this year. While obviously a big kid, he started to really grab our eye when his confidence with the puck began to rise, leading to a call to represent Canada at the U18s. As a late-bloomer with a large frame, good mobility, and a sure first pass, Ottawa is excited to see just how much further he can progress."

70. Linus Soderstrom
"While ranked behind a handful of goalies in this year's draft class, we think Linus has shown a developmental curve that suggests he might have even higher potential than most, if not all, of them. Has been tested by lots of rubber this year on a pretty mediocre team, and still proved as proficient as other older, even higher rated, goalie prospects. He shows amazing calm and control in his crease for a goalie as big and quick/athletic. We look forward to seeing the next step of his development in the SEL."

100. Michael Amadio
"Michael's offensive skills and potency in minor hockey is well-known to us, but we were further impressed by his ability at a young age to figure out how to use his growing frame to both protect the puck, and separate it from opponents. Though he dealt with a few growing pains (in multiple senses) defensively (bulking up through the year resulted in foot work getting exposed a bit by good players in the playoffs; handed a pretty big role at a young age, too), we're excited by the kind of player he is becoming, and the idea that next year he could earn the kind of developmental minutes/role(s) that you want any intriguing prospect to get, as soon as next season. A player who models his game after Matt Duchene's offensive flair matched with defensive responsibility, he's committed to working on the kind of explosive first step he's going to need at the next step, and we expect a re-ignition of his latent offensive skill given a bit of opportunity and experience."

Peace out homies.

Last edited:

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Sorry I clicked the link on the first page and typed a message.

I'm doing it wrong aren't I?:help:
He still should have got a notification for that, but yeah.. you're leaving visitor messages. ;)

After you click the link on the front page, almost right under his name, it says;

SEND MESSAGE USER LISTS

Click Send Message. A drop down will appear.

Click Send a Private Message to (user).

Voila.

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Has he been on since he missed his last pick?

My dream of reaching 120 before tomorrow afternoon is not looking too good.
Yeah - he's been online plenty since he missed his pick and never posted in here. So it's up to Habs Fan what to do. If he wants me to do my wizardly magic, just let me know.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
We can wait a bit, but since he's been MIA we'll put a much shorter time limit on his pick. If the pick isn't made by late tonight - say 11 or midnight, we can auto select.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Can't say much about my draft yet, aside from my first pick everyone else is more crapshoot than other years.

8. William Nylander, C/LW
68. Nick Magyar, C/RW
94. Alexandre Goulet, C

Draft history since moving to 7 rounds
2013: (Picked a few guys that weren't listed in rankings like Prossler and Janmark. On other hand, took Jones over Mackinnon so cancels it out. :laugh:)
2. Seth Jones, D
31. Morgan Klimchuk, C/W
91. Philippe Desrosiers, G
98. Taylor Cammarata, C/W
122. Gustav Possler, W
152. Mattias Janmark Nylen, C/W

2012: (No first round pick, got Shore who got drafted in 2013, proud of Carrick pick)
41. Oscar Dansk, G
72. Tomas Hyka, W
132. Quentin Shore, C
162. Connor Carrick, D
192. AJ Michaelson, C

2011: (Blessed with a team with many high picks)
6. Ryan Strome
21. Brandon Saad
35. Phillip Danault
48. Matthew Nieto
55. Mario Lucia
66. Rasmus Bengtsson
95. Nick Cousins
125. Jesse Forsberg
155. John Norman
170. T.J. Tynan
180. Miro Aaltonen
207. Garrett Haar

2010: (No 1st or 2nd -_-. Got Tynan a year before he was drafted in 2011, Reinhart looks decent, Brittain/Aittokallio are half decent):
76. Ivan Telegin
106. Justin Holl
136. Sami Aittokallio
152. Max Gaede
165. Ryan Daugherty
166. Lars Volden
173. Max Reinhart
196. Sam Brittain
203. TJ Tynan

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
Draft history since moving to 7 rounds
2013: (Picked a few guys that weren't listed in rankings like Prossler and Janmark. On other hand, took Jones over Mackinnon so cancels it out. :laugh:)
2. Seth Jones, D
31. Morgan Klimchuk, C/W
91. Philippe Desrosiers, G
98. Taylor Cammarata, C/W
122. Gustav Possler, W
152. Mattias Janmark Nylen, C/W

2011: (Blessed with a team with many high picks)
6. Ryan Strome
21. Brandon Saad
35. Phillip Danault
48. Matthew Nieto
55. Mario Lucia
66. Rasmus Bengtsson
95. Nick Cousins
125. Jesse Forsberg
155. John Norman
170. T.J. Tynan
180. Miro Aaltonen
207. Garrett Haar

Looking like you got great value for Possler and Janmark

2011 draft looking great as well. Looking forward for Haar at the Memorial Cup.

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Did another Randomized list. The name at the top is from the Omaha Lancers of the USHL, a center, Steven Spinner.

Scouting Report: Spinner is a quick and speedy forward who controls the puck well with good hands and makes a solid pass. Can go one-on-one against defenders for a scoring chance as well as make a heady passing play. He has a rocket shot but misses the cage often. He needs to learn the game is played on a 200-foot surface.

Habsfan can make the call. I've saved a pic to avoid any controversy. If a name at the top was a player already selected, I would have erased him and hit randomize again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad