The Official 2014 (Annual) Habs Board Mock Draft (Done!)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Grant McCagg

@duhduhduh
Dec 13, 2010
Michael Amadio.

Thank you.

With the 102nd pick, Nashville selects Swiss winger Noah Rod. I like his combination of competitiveness and skill. He performed well at both the Ivan Hlinka and U-18, raising his draft stock as the season went along. He played regularly in the Swiss Men's League playoffs this spring as a 17-year-old, and his coach at the U-18's remarked on Rod's tenacity to win puck battles.

1752408_pic_970x641.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2010
Thank you.

With the 102nd pick, Nashville selects Swiss winger Noah Rod.
Dammit I was hoping he'd be a true sleeper. Nothing is hidden! NOTHING! :laugh:

With the 103rd pick, Colorado is proud to select from the Kelowna Rockets, Tyson Baillie.

baillie_tyson640.gif

The small converted winger plays with a lot of energy, continuously found in the right place: in front of the net. While he hasn't upped the ante after the tremendous playoff last year, he showed good progression this season. Understandable lower body strength and top speed issues but it's all fixable.

GM PMed.

Last edited:

JHabs

HFB Partner
Dec 14, 2007
Montreal
twitter.com
No time to do a write up right now but for the sake of the draft flow here's my pick

With the 104th selection Washington Capitals are proud to select

From Skellefteå of the SHL - Sebastian Aho
sebastianaho_aop.jpg

The short version: While small his offensive skill and skating make him stand out in a crowd - I like his long term upside and think he can develop into a dynamic OFD who can one day Quarterback a powerplay.

Next GM pmd

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
I almost went with Holmstrom back at #89, and was looking at Baillie and Mistele next, for whatever that's worth. So I will say "Good picks!"... but really, I have no idea. :) This is an interesting part of the draft because I haven't heard of half of the guys, so anybody I have heard of is almost like "hey, I've heard of him: Good Pick!" :)
:GWC:

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I almost went with Holmstrom back at #89, and was looking at Baillie and Mistele next, for whatever that's worth. So I will say "Good picks!"... but really, I have no idea. :) This is an interesting part of the draft because I haven't heard of half of the guys, so anybody I have heard of is almost like "hey, I've heard of him: Good Pick!" :)
:GWC:

:laugh: It's okay BG. It's all for fun. Unless one day, the winner of those mock drafts gets a full time NHL head scouting job....:sarcasm: But until then....it's all in good fun.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
At work.. I'll try to narrow my pick down and make it if I can before if not I'll make it after work.. All the top guys on my list are gone so I gotta scramble

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Honestly, this draft isn't very deep so it's hard to go "off the board" at this point. Just take the player you like and don't worry about rankings I'd say.

There's a guy I have an eye on for next round, almost took this round, that isn't even on CSS and I can't figure out why. He plays in major junior too.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Thank you.

With the 102nd pick, Nashville selects Swiss winger Noah Rod. I like his combination of competitiveness and skill. He performed well at both the Ivan Hlinka and U-18, raising his draft stock as the season went along. He played regularly in the Swiss Men's League playoffs this spring as a 17-year-old, and his coach at the U-18's remarked on Rod's tenacity to win puck battles.

1752408_pic_970x641.jpg

was thinking about him with my last pick.

Grant McCagg

@duhduhduh
Dec 13, 2010
was thinking about him with my last pick.

Good...cause he may end up being a second round pick. :) I was surprised he wasn't grabbed as he was quite impressive at the U-18's.

I like him quite a bit better than Elgestal WS...but who knows what the future will bring....we'll see in five years time.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
:stars :stars

With the 105th selection in the NHL Entry Draft, the Dallas Stars are proud to select from the South Shore Kings, Beau Starrett.

3bng0jh9nmjzbp1s.jpg

"Beau Starrett needs to work on his competitiveness and his consistency. A lot like most players his size. He has a lot of skill and hockey sense, a gifted play maker with a shot capable of scoring at the next level. We think that in the 4th round this is a swing for the fences and that if a player of Starrett's size and skills can learn to become stronger, more consistent and more detail oriented he could be a great player at the next level."

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
:stars :stars

With the 105th selection in the NHL Entry Draft, the Dallas Stars are proud to select from the South Shore Kings, Beau Starrett

Well here's one guy that was on my list but I didn't see at all. Strictly by reports, looks like an interesting gamble. Will be fun for you, if you do that, to follow his progression and see what he does.

I like him quite a bit better than Elgestal WS...but who knows what the future will bring....we'll see in five years time.

Wouldn't be my first mistake...:laugh: I just thought that Elgestal had more "possible" higher ceiling offensively than him. But like you said...we will see.

That

Aug 25, 2012
Toronto
:wings:wings:wings

With the 106th overall pick in the draft, the Detroit Red Wings are proud to select, from the Edmonton Oil Kings, defenceman, Aaron Irving!

Irving031414_2.jpg

I apologize for the..... interesting jersey.

Aaron Irving had a great rookie campaign in the WHL with his hometown Edmonton Oil Kings. Irving brings a solid two-way game to the table. At 6'1" 190 lbs, Irving has a good frame, which he loves to use to impose his will on the opposition. Irving plays a no nonsense game, making simple, efficient plays with few mistakes. Offence might not be his strong suit, but he contributes with a great breakout pass, a good shot, and quality skating ability. Irving has to continue to hone his skills as well as his decision-making and consistency.

I'm ecstatic that he was available. I was looking for a defenceman, and he seemed like the best choice at this point (although there are two players in particular that made this decision very difficult).

Columbus is on the clock! GM has been PM'd.

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy

With the 106th overall pick in the draft, the Detroit Red Wings are proud to select, from the Edmonton Oil Kings, defenceman, Aaron Irving!

Aaron Irving had a great rookie campaign in the WHL with his hometown Edmonton Oil Kings. Irving brings a solid two-way game to the table. At 6'1" 190 lbs, Irving has a good frame, which he loves to use to impose his will on the opposition. Irving plays a no nonsense game, making simple, efficient plays with few mistakes. Offence might not be his strong suit, but he contributes with a great breakout pass, a good shot, and quality skating ability. Irving has to continue to hone his skills as well as his decision-making and consistency.

I'm ecstatic that he was available. I was looking for a defenceman, and he seemed like the best choice at this point (although there are two players in particular that made this decision very difficult).

Columbus is on the clock! GM has been PM'd.

Nooooo! ... I was going to pick him

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003

It's secret time. I had written my Elgestal pick with my 2nd pick for Carolina.....and totally erased it to replace it with the Irving pick.......to change it again for Elgestal.

Have fun following him at the Mem Cup. I will also do and pretend he's mine....;)

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
I didn't think Irving would last much longer. I liked Nogier just a bit better, but I was toying with the gimmicky idea of taking Irving in Round 3 with the thought that Nogier might be a little less likely to be taken, and I could somehow end up with both. But in the end gimmicking my list like that would have been bad form.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
I didn't think Irving would last much longer. I liked Nogier just a bit better, but I was toying with the gimmicky idea of taking Irving in Round 3 with the thought that Nogier might be a little less likely to be taken, and I could somehow end up with both. But in the end gimmicking my list like that would have been bad form.

Irving will not last that long....and even less with the Mem Cup coming. Which we don't have the luxury of waiting to see.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad