The Official 2014 (Annual) Habs Board Mock Draft (Done!)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Selection coming momentarily.

The time it took to write this post... :sarcasm:
List was on my laptop - it was dead. Cell Phone was at 2% - so I couldn't even look up a makeshift list. :P

You see... we may be going slow as molasses, but at least the effort and thought is there...:)

I now know I won't be picking again until at least tomorrow...and I'm fine with that...really. :)
Most of my picks were really fast, so I didn't feel that bad but still wanted to post that I couldn't do it.

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
Selection coming momentarily.

List was on my laptop - it was dead. Cell Phone was at 2% - so I couldn't even look up a makeshift list. :P

Most of my picks were really fast, so I didn't feel that bad but still wanted to post that I couldn't do it.

The time it took to write all of this... :sarcasm:

Love ya, Natey. Just yanking your chain.

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
:blues :blues :blues

"With the 124th overall selection in the 2014 NHL Entry Draft, the St. Louis Blues are very excited to select, from the Lugano of the Switzerland National League A, goaltender Elvis Merzlikins!"

646488_m3w580h340q75v19206_20131210224435561.jpg

"Elvis Merzlikins is a very athletic butterfly-Goaltender who is well sized and covers a lot of the net. He loves to challenge shooters and never gives up on a shot. Despite his decent reflexes, he is a goaltender who lets the puck hit him and control the rebounds. Needs to play a more composed game, as he tends to overplay certain situations. Handles the puck very well, as Elvis Merzlikins is a respectable stickhandler and can play long outlet passes. - Rafik Soliman"​

eaglesmaster

Sep 20, 2008
:habs

With the 125th pick in the 2014 NHL entry draft the Montreal Canadiens are proud to select from Loko Yaroslavl of the MHL, forward Pavel Kraskovsky.

We are excited to add Pavel to our team. He is a big bodied forward, 6'4 187lbs, who works hard at both ends of the ice. We feel he has the potential to develop into a nice power forward for us.

*habsfan18 has been pmed

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
Thanks!

"The Ducks have continued to build depth and mobility in our prospect pool on defense. Scott passed through last season undrafted, but has put together a strong freshman year and taken a step forward this year, and we think he should be drafted this time around. The suggestion has been that he was "lost in the shuffle" to some extent on the USNTDP blueline, that he hadn't quite translated his skills into the complete package from the blueline yet. But he made great strides this year, showing more confidence and wielding his talents to better effect in almost every aspect, and we don't think that progress should go unnoticed at the draft table. He's another mobile guy, and we think th'at he fits in nicely with McKeown, Mayo, and Nogier for what we're trying to build."
Oh yeah, I forgot I had been planning to play up the hometown selection angle on Savage to the Ducks! Whups!

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar

With the 125th pick in the 2014 NHL entry draft the Montreal Canadiens are proud to select from Loko Yaroslavl of the MHL, forward Pavel Kraskovsky.

We are excited to add Pavel to our team. He is a big bodied forward, 6'4 187lbs, who works hard at both ends of the ice. We feel he has the potential to develop into a nice power forward for us.

*habsfan18 has been pmed
Should have drafted us an overage goalie, you know, just in case. :sarcasm:

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
:nucks:nucks:nucks

With the 126th pick in the 2014 Habs board mock, we select from Cape Breton of the QMJHL...forward Clark Bishop.

clark_bishop_cape_breton.jpg

Write-up to follow.

Next GM will be PM'd.

GO HABS GO!!!

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I will be making my pick during the game boys. You didn,t help me a whole lot....I have a lot of names in mind, and no pick in the next round....:cry:

Grant McCagg

@duhduhduh
Dec 13, 2010

*habsfan18 has been pmed

Kraskovsky would be a major steal in the fifth if he wasn't Russian..second round talent.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
My list is ready for pick 128, who should I send my 2 player list to? I might not be on during the morning.

Grant McCagg

@duhduhduh
Dec 13, 2010
I will be making my pick during the game boys. You didn,t help me a whole lot....I have a lot of names in mind, and no pick in the next round....:cry:

"During the game"? Okay - if he hasn't posted by the 20-minute mark....my auto-generator says Whitesnake must take Sergei Tolchinsky. ;)

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
:canes:canes:canes:canes:canes:canes

With the 127th pick, Canes select, from the Halifax Mooseheads, forward Philippe Gadoury.

B97284333Z.120140218225231000G6A4QLUT.11.jpg

What he has done coming to Halifax has been nothing short but impressive. 20 goals in 19 games in the regular season. 25 points in 16 games, his speed and skills says it all.

Next GM is PM'ed.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
For the 128th pick, the Toronto Maple Leafs select from Mora, Allsvenskan, Lukas Bengtsson, D

Small undersized offensive D that had a breakout year this season including making the Swedish U20 silver medal team.

Toronto Maple Leafs 2014 Draft:
8. William Nylander, C/LW
68. Nick Magyar, C/RW
94. Alexandre Goulet, C
128. Lukas Bengtsson, D

Last edited:

yoteshot

Lazy Habs fan
Aug 6, 2005
Gatineau / Ottawa
:jets

We are probably reaching a little bit, but at this point, I feel that it's important to get the player we want. And that guy is KYLE WOOD, from the Brampton Battalion.

"Kyle is a huge defenseman who, while not being flashy, gets the job done. He has the size for the job and he will start asserting himself more as his confidence grows. We feel that we can get him here because he missed the first half of the season to an injury, but that since then, he's only gotten better, as he showed in the playoffs, all the way to the OHL final."

Grant McCagg

@duhduhduh
Dec 13, 2010
Hsabitants' pick....oh well....guess I'll check back around 8 pm..he'll really be crying hard today....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad