The Official 2014 (Annual) Habs Board Mock Draft (Done!)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
You're welcome. I was hesitating real hard between him......and a kid who has some kind of ties with the Habs history....not exactly the "greatest" history though....There's PLENTY of very great possibilities.....but I don't have a 6th rounder....

Gadouray and Hickey were the tops of my list. Now I have to go in a complete different direction. Oh well.

JHabs

HFB Partner
Dec 14, 2007
Montreal
twitter.com
First off - my condolences to you Grant, I too just recently had to put down an old friend of 10 years. Was extremely hard time - thoughts to you & your family.

Washington Capitals select with the 134th pick

From the Frolunda Indians ....William Lagesson
karlsson.jpg

A self-proclaimed dedicated two-way d-man who favors defense first, you can't help but love his size and physical prowess. He also has an offensive touch that could definitely develop into something more in the long run - overall I love his potential.

next GM pmd.

Grant McCagg

@duhduhduh
Dec 13, 2010
First off - my condolences to you Grant, I too just recently had to put down an old friend of 10 years. Was extremely hard time - thoughts to you & your family.

karlsson.jpg

A self-proclaimed dedicated two-way d-man who favors defense first, you can't help but love his size and physical prowess. He also has an offensive touch that could definitely develop into something more in the long run - overall I love his potential.

next GM pmd.

Thanks..and nice pick.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
:stars :stars

With the 135th selection in the 2014 NHL Entry Draft, the Dallas Stars are proud to select from Janesville Jets of the NAHL, Goaltender, Logan Halladay.

halladay_logan.jpg

"Halladay is an athletic goaltender who also pays attention to the subtleties of the game. A great puckhandler and passer to go along with flexibility and a NHL frame. Logan dedicates himself to a rigid regiment of training off the ice. His devotion to becoming a pro is something we admire. He is very intense in the net and is often the most engaged person on the ice. We are delighted to watch his progress as his future has him dedicated to the University of Minnesota.

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
damn, I was hoping Halladay would fly under the radar the whole way. Kid looks like he has some talent. Looking forward watching him play for Minnesota U.

condolences to you Grant. Had my cat for 4 years and would very sad to lose that presence. Must be hard losing an old-time friend like this.

That

Aug 25, 2012
Toronto
:wings:wings:wings

With the 136th overall pick in the draft, the Detroit Red Wings are proud to select, from the WHL's Kootenay Ice, winger, Jaedon Descheneau

Descheneau1531.jpg

Descheneau is a little offensive dynamo. He possesses nearly every desirable trait - except for size. He's equally as likely to dangle around a defender and go bar down as he is to score a garbage goal. Descheneau thinks the game at an exceptionally high level and owns outstanding playmaking ability. He's a dedicated player and has improved every aspect of his game substantially. Descheneau's lightning quick hands and amazing edge work make him insanely difficult to contain. Despite his undersized frame, he's surprisingly hard to knock off the puck and is extremely smart with his body positioning and stick work. Descheneau must continue to improve his skating ability and consistency. Sometimes he has a tendency to float and get complacent without the puck.

I'm not going to lie, I absolutely hated Descheneau's game last season and even early into this season. I saw him as an undersized player with average skating ability, mediocre shooting ability, and little-to-no desire to involve himself in the play when things got tough. I was wrong. This season changed my opinion on him dramatically. I still think that he has a lot of work to do, but the upside is undeniable. His development curve is essentially exponential and his production has just been insane since January 2013: 0.63 GPG and 1.42 PPG. My home run pick of the draft.

Picks
15th: Robby Fabbri
76th: Connor Chatham
106th: Aaron Irving
136th: Jaedon Descheneau

NLHabsFan

Nov 18, 2008
Alberta
:flyers:flyers:flyers

With the 138th pick, Philadelphia is proud to select from Rouyn-Noranda of the QMJHL, Forward Julien Nantel.

nantel1-300x195.jpg

Julien is a strong skater that has a good IQ to play in all three zones. When he has the puck he knows how to use his body to protect it well. He possesses a quick release with good velocity. He needs to continue his consistency and effort, especially away from the puck.

Last edited:

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
:stars :stars

With the 135th selection in the 2014 NHL Entry Draft, the Dallas Stars are proud to select from Janesville Jets of the NAHL, Goaltender, Logan Halladay.

Hey...FU 2. Was going with him with my last pick. But it's fine....I'M probaby picking in 20 days so I have time...

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003

Great pick indeed. I missed him for some kind of odd reasons...This guy should be picked way before this actual rank.

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
:wild :wild :wild

With the 140th pick, the Minnesota Wild select centre Ryan Foss!

"Hard work, determination and a fire lit under his ass is what got him here. Passed over twice by the OHL draft, Foss signed with Windsor and has impressed. He's went from 5'11 and 150 lbs to 6'3 and 185 lbs in just a few years and has played well for Windsor. At this point, the risk is little and the reward could be phenomenal!"

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
:kings

With the 141st pick, the Los Angeles Kings select, from Kimball Union Academy, forward,

Tyler Bird

dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls

Power winger who drives the net hard and has a wicked release on a heavy, accurate shot. Uses his body effectively out front and in the corners; working on improving quickness in his first three steps, but has impressive NHL upside. Brown recruit, as yet unsure whether he’ll play there next fall or in 2015.

Taking a shot at this point. Kid is a good athlete, still has a long way to go before he reaches the big show. Commited to Brown University.

Draft recap

#20 David Pastrňák, F, Södertälje Sportklubb, HockeyAllsvenskan
#51 Jayce Hawryluk, F, Brandon Wheat Kings, WHL
#81 Lucas Wallmark, F, Luleå Hockeyförening, Svenska hockeyligan
#111 Joe Hicketts, D, Victoria Royals, WHL
#141 Tyler Bird, F, Kimball Union Academy, New Hampshire

PM'd eaglesmaster

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
If a Mod could upgrade the first page, it would be well appreciated....Use that page a lot to know who is gone....Thanks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad