The Official 2014 (Annual) Habs Board Mock Draft (Done!)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
With the 131st pick, the New Jersey :devils select, from Lokomotiv Yaroslavl juniors of the MHL, Vladislav Gavrikov.

1367017960_b_vladislav-gavrikov-i-igor-shestjorkin-na-zadnem-plane-protiv-sbornoj-ssha.jpg

Grant McCagg

@duhduhduh
Dec 13, 2010
It's my pick? Who did Et Le But choose? I didn't see his post or get a PM...

Edit - There it is..a minute before i posted. Why were people razzing me to pick when it wasn't my pick?

Last edited:

Grant McCagg

@duhduhduh
Dec 13, 2010
Hopefully Grant shows up before 8. :laugh:

I'll be ready to pick as soon as he does.

Et le But usually shows up after work, right?

Grant's revenge :sarcasm:

I had to get my best buddy put down this afternoon guys after a bout with cancer..had him for 11 years - an abandoned German Shepherd mix I gave a great home to..just finished burying him in my yard..his favourite spot.

Anyway - it wasn't my pick...not sure why you were razzing me. Feel bad now? LOL!

I'll make my pick in a minute.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
I had to get my best buddy put down this afternoon guys after a bout with cancer..had him for 11 years - an abandoned German Shepherd mix I gave a great home to..just finished burying him in my yard..his favourite spot.

Anyway - it wasn't my pick...not sure why you were razzing me. Feel bad now? LOL!

Just wanted to warn you that your pick would come up before 8, that is all;)

Last edited:

Grant McCagg

@duhduhduh
Dec 13, 2010
With the 132nd pick, the Nashville Predators select Swedish defenceman Andreas Englund.

I am pleasantly surprised to see him still available..I was told by one head scout emphatically that he's a "solid second rounder". A big, competitive smart defender who is strong in his own end. Needs to keep working on his skating, but projects as a 4-6 defenceman down the road.

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Even Grant's picks in the 30th round will somehow be "solid second rounders." :sarcasm:

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan

Sorry to hear, our family's Golden Retriever is getting there too... She'll be 13 in July.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
With the 132nd pick, the Nashville Predators select Swedish defenceman Andreas Englund.

I am pleasantly surprised to see him still available..I was told by one head scout emphatically that he's a "solid second rounder". A big, competitive smart defender who is strong in his own end. Needs to keep working on his skating, but projects as a 4-6 defenceman down the road.

I believe Englund was drafted 85th by Calgary.

85. Calgary Flames (From Pittsburgh Penguins) - Andreas Englund
"Andreas is a big, strong blueliner who plays a defensive game while punishing and frustrating opposing players with his physicality and his stickwork. We think he plays a game suited for North American ice and would like to see him develop a bigger mean streak on this side of the pond."

I don't think my player is on Grant's radar, should I pick anyway or rather wait for him to make another pick?

Last edited:

Grant McCagg

@duhduhduh
Dec 13, 2010
I believe Englund was drafted 85th by Calgary.

85. Calgary Flames (From Pittsburgh Penguins) - Andreas Englund
"Andreas is a big, strong blueliner who plays a defensive game while punishing and frustrating opposing players with his physicality and his stickwork. We think he plays a game suited for North American ice and would like to see him develop a bigger mean streak on this side of the pond."

I don't think my player is on Grant's radar, should I pick anyway or rather wait for him to make another pick?

Ok - sorry about that..my mind is elsewhere..give me two minutes...

Grant McCagg

@duhduhduh
Dec 13, 2010
With the 132nd pick, Nashville selects Portland winger Alex Schoenborn.

I think Alex has attributes teams look for in third and fourth line wingers. Decent size and skating, competitive, strong work ethic, plays with an edge and will drop the gloves. He may well make it someday on a checking line, but also with enough skill to generate some
11940451176_6d1c67b1ae_z.jpg
offence.

Last edited:

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
Sorry to hear, our family's Golden Retriever is getting there too... She'll be 13 in July.

I had to do the math just to make sure, but my cat is evidently 18 years old now, and still jumps in and out of windows, lol. Like Grant's dog, she was a saved animal (by my sister), and runt of her litter no less. I have to imagine she'll start slowing down soon, but she still catches mice, squirrels (she cleaned the chipmunks out long ago, I think... haven't seen one in our yard in years) and birds outside, so...

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
With the 133rd pick, the Phoenix Coyotes are proud to select, from the Saint John Seadogs of the QMJHL, Olivier Leblanc.

b6dea39e3f0bd3228f3633d875539ac8.jpeg

Honestly, we never thought Olivier would still be available at this point of the draft. He's a two-way D that is very versatile, being able to shutdown and to man a PP properly. Even though he's as thin as a toothpick, Leblanc can generate a heavy shot from the point and he loves to engage other players physically. He's not the biggest, nor the strongest, but he's amongst the smartest players of this crop. His understanding of the game is very good and we feel this might be just what might help him make the NHL one day. On top of that, Leblanc has good work ethics and is a leader for the Sea Dogs.

Phoenix Draft so far:
12. Jared McCann
43. Nicolas Aubé-Kubel
54. Vladislav Kamenev
73. Daniel Audette
133. Olivier Leblanc

JHabs was PM'd

Last edited:

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
Schoenborn and Hickey were on my short list for my next pick. Excellent picks.

My #1 and #2 are still there though. Fingers crossed.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
F u whitesnake

You're welcome. I was hesitating real hard between him......and a kid who has some kind of ties with the Habs history....not exactly the "greatest" history though....There's PLENTY of very great possibilities.....but I don't have a 6th rounder....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad