The Official 2014 (Annual) Habs Board Mock Draft (Done!)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Yeah, feels like everyone has the same list except me. :laugh:

Glad I'm not alone.
giphy.gif

At least I don't have to be scared people will pick in my pool.:)

I still feel out of touch compared to the good lads on here.

Dec 2, 2010
With the 148th pick, Colorado is proud to select from Dubuque of the USHL, Seamus Malone.

malone_082413_325.jpg

Seamus has above average puck skills with strong offensive abilities including strong vision, powerplay quarterbacking and a varied arsenal of shots. Despite his size, he wins his fair share of puck battles. He led his USHL team and displayed strong progression throughout the year with strong showings in the playoffs against the eventual champions. Committed to a solid Badgers program where we hope he improves his skating and overall strength.

GM PMed.

HomaridII

May 23, 2006
Montreal, Canada
Pittsburgh takes Julien Pelletier from the Cape Breton Eagles.

Julien is a highly skilled forward with good offensive abilities. He is a long term prospect as he has to improve his skating and strength before he makes it to the NHL, but we feel his overall skills merit this pick.

Next GM will be PMed

Grant McCagg

@duhduhduh
Dec 13, 2010

Julien is a highly skilled forward with good offensive abilities. He is a long term prospect as he has to improve his skating and strength before he makes it to the NHL, but we feel his overall skills merit this pick.

Next GM will be PMed

I like that pick....

Dr Gonzo

#1 Jan Bulis Fan
Dec 13, 2009
Bat Country
With the 150th pick, Boston is proud to make their selection from the golf course. Come on down, from Rivers Country School of the USHS, d-man Miles Gendron.

image4.jpg

Miles is definitely a long term project. He has committed to the University of Connecticut, but will not attend until 2015. He's a recently converted centre, and we like his upside despite the obvious flaws in his game.

FOOOOOOOOORE!

Next GM will be PMed

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
With the 150th pick, Boston is proud to make their selection from the golf course. Come on down, from Rivers Country School of the USHS, d-man Miles Gendron.

image4.jpg

Miles is definitely a long term project. He has committed to the University of Connecticut, but will not attend until 2015. He's a recently converted centre, and we like his upside despite the obvious flaws in his game.

FOOOOOOOOORE!

Next GM will be PMed

Ugh my list is being slayed

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
It was kind of nice having no picks after #123 (well until the #209 dart throw). I put about 50 guys on my list, and didn't have to worry about getting slayed past the end of my list.

habsprospects

Nov 24, 2003
Sherbrooke, QC
habsprospects.com
FJDuFhn.jpg

With the 151st overall pick, the Buffalo Sabres are proud to announce the selection of Center Rourke Chartier from the Kelowna Rockets of the WHL.

Dennis Miller said:
He shows impressive quickness and very good speed, has the skills to carry the puck into the opposition zone, has high work ethic and understand his defensive responsibilities. Needs to get stronger and be more constant from game to game

Next GM has been PM'd

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Finally 2 people on my list taken in last 3 picks. Feels good....wait no it doesn't.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec

Next GM will be PMed

YOU *******:rant:

I seriously have no idea what he was still doing on the board. To me he is neck to neck with Goulet.

Needless to say since you already have the Grant approvement seal, but that is a very good pick.:handclap:

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
FJDuFhn.jpg

With the 151st overall pick, the Buffalo Sabres are proud to announce the selection of Center Rourke Chartier from the Kelowna Rockets of the WHL.

Dennis Miller said:
He shows impressive quickness and very good speed, has the skills to carry the puck into the opposition zone, has high work ethic and understand his defensive responsibilities. Needs to get stronger and be more constant from game to game

Next GM has been PM'd
At first glance I was like, "he drafted a development coach"?!?!?!?"

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
:devils

With the 152nd pick, the New Jersey Devils select, from Metallurg Novokuznetsk of the KHL, Ilya Sorokin.

Ilya_Sorokin_2013-02-26.jpeg

Next GM has been pm'd.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Great couple of picks guys.....my list got cut by a few names with Pelletier (if the improves his feet speed, he will be great...), Gendron (total raw product that will be one to watch improve....), Malone and Prophet.

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
:devils

With the 152nd pick, the New Jersey Devils select, from Metallurg Novokuznetsk of the KHL, Ilya Sorokin.

Next GM has been pm'd.

Damn it, one of few goalies I was interested in this year

Sorokin is from the same club as Bobrovsky and is said to be the front runner for the U20 next year for Russia

Habitants

Oct 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
:edmonton

with the 153 pick the Oilers are proud to select, from the USHL Waterloo Black Hawks, defenceman Brandon Montour

Brandon-Montour-USHL-Waterloo-AS.jpg

Brandon is a premier offensive defenceman with great speed and stick skill he put up 62 points in 60 games this past season making him the highest scoring defenceman in the modern USHL era. He was named USHL Player and Defenseman of the Year. While he is an overaged prospect for this draft, his talent cannot be ignored and it may also help him reach the NHL sooner in order to help our team.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
Damn it, one of few goalies I was interested in this year

Sorokin is from the same club as Bobrovsky and is said to be the front runner for the U20 next year for Russia

He needs to bulk up quite a bit but he has already shown promise at the KHL level.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
:stars

With the 154th pick in the 2014 NHL Entry Draft, The Dallas Stars select from Eagan High School, Defenseman, Nick Wolff.

Nick_Wolff__Eagan_High_School__large.jpg

Wolff is a big kid. He's athletic and is learning to become more steady in the defensive end. Wolff prides himself on using his big frame to lay out some devastating hits. Once Wolff adds some more weight to his body his hits will become more devastating. Wolff also shows a willingness to throw his fists around. We hope that Wolff can develop into a solid bottom pairing defenceman who can throw the big hit or turn the momentum with a big fight or be able to police and protect his teammates and not hurting his team on the ice. Committed to Minnesota-Duluth he has plenty of time to learn the game and bulk up.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006

image4.jpg

FOOOOOOOOORE!

Next GM will be PMed

Great pick! I was hoping he'd drop to my next selection. This draft is so difficult to predict.

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
YOU *******:rant:

I seriously have no idea what he was still doing on the board. To me he is neck to neck with Goulet.

Needless to say since you already have the Grant approvement seal, but that is a very good pick.:handclap:

Not to me. Goulet was already praised for his developed two-way game back when he was Pelletier's size, and to my eye has only gotten bigger, stronger, and better. As scrappy as Pelletier can be, and as much as he continues to improve, he just seems to have more room for improvement when it comes to the combination of skating, strength, and puck protection that's needed to make as much of an impact playing a scorer's game at the next level, imo - especially given his current size.

Having said that, I see no problem with taking Pelletier around this point in the draft - maybe even a bit earlier, I dunno. He's a damn good junior hockey player with impressive mitts who works hard and finds ways to get pucks past goalies (either by himself or via teammates). I just see a wider gap between him and Pelletier than you do, I guess, though they were obviously both on the short list of top rookies in the Q this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad