The Official 2014 (Annual) Habs Board Mock Draft (Done!)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
There goes my darkhorse...really like Hunt. Nice pick!! As you say..he missed most of last season, and this year he had something like 40 points in his last 44 games, and produced in the playoffs. He's flying under the radar because he started the season slow, wasn't seen last year, and Regina had no one else to scout, so he wasn't seen much.

Thanks Grant!

Seems like the opinions on him are all over the map, likely due to the injury and limited viewings. Future Considerstions doesn't even have him listed in their top 210. Will be interesting to see if and where he is ranked by McKeen's and Hockey Prospect, the other two guides I get.

I think he'll surprise a lot of people and he should be drafted. Like you said he really came on as the season progressed.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
:stars

With the 165th selection in the 2014 NHL Entry Draft the Dallas Stars are proud to select from Williston-Northampton, Forward, Max Willman.

bilde

"Willman made himself known late in the season after his showing in the college division of the Beantown Classic. Max is a smooth player, smooth hands, smooth skating and displays effort and consistency on the ice. We look forward to monitoring his development when he goes to Brown University. We like his scoring touch and how his offense seems to always show in big games."

That

Aug 25, 2012
Toronto
I'm here guys!

:wings:wings:wings

With the 166th pick of the draft, the Detroit Red Wings are proud to select, from the Kitchener Rangers, winger, Darby Llewellyn!

1382486587-crop_73241_27_1382486590.png

Darby Llewellyn is an energetic goal-scoring winger. Llewellyn scores the vast majority of his goals from hard work and an unrelenting work ethic. He is terrific on the forecheck, where he anticipates the play well and will throw his weight around. Where he is at his best around the net. Llewellyn has a knack for redirecting shots and is extremely difficult to move around the net. Despite his lack of assists, he’s shown an ability to effectively distribute the puck. Llewellyn will have to improve his skating, specifically his explosiveness, hands, and shot. He’s a project, but he has all the tools to be a quality goal-scorer in the NHL.

I’m shocked he was still available. I would’ve taken him over Descheneau had I realized he was still there. I see him as a similar level of prospect to Dylan Sadowy, and he went way earlier in the draft.

Draft so far
15th - Robby Fabbri
76th - Connor Chatham
106th - Aaron Irving
136th - Jaedon Descheneau
166th - Darby Llewellyn

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
:wild :wild :wild

With the 167th pick of this year's entry draft, the Minnesota Wild are proud to select; from Sweden, Daniel Muzito-Bagenda!

Bagenda.jpg

"Bagenda is a very powerful skater, nice long strides, quick and agile. He has a large fram at 6'1 and close to the 200 pound mark and he uses every pound of his body to protect the puck. He's hard to knock down, very stellar and can throw a mean hit too. He has a good work ethic and has done well for himself in Sweden. We are thrilled to have him available this low and will pay extra close attention to this young man for the years to come before he becomes an NHL'er."

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
:wild :wild :wild

With the 167th pick of this year's entry draft, the Minnesota Wild are proud to select; from Sweden, Daniel Muzito-Bagenda!

Bagenda.jpg

"Bagenda is a very powerful skater, nice long strides, quick and agile. He has a large fram at 6'1 and close to the 200 pound mark and he uses every pound of his body to protect the puck. He's hard to knock down, very stellar and can throw a mean hit too. He has a good work ethic and has done well for himself in Sweden. We are thrilled to have him available this low and will pay extra close attention to this young man for the years to come before he becomes an NHL'er."

very stellar? really, cs?

points off for redundant draft blurb. :rant::shakehead

NLHabsFan

Nov 18, 2008
Alberta
:flyers :flyers :flyers

With the 168th pick in the 2014 NHL Entry Draft, Philadelphia is proud to select from Sault Ste. Marie of the OHL, Goaltender Brandon Halverson.

4050017.jpg

Great size for a goalie, tall and lanky, which allows him to move well in his net. He has quick reflexes and is a battler that fights for the puck through traffic. His most intriguing strength is his puck handling skills. He can act as a third defenseman that helps move the puck out of the zone quickly. He still needs work on his technical game and rebound control. With quality coaching and more game time we believe Brandon can improve these aspects of his game and add quality goaltending depth to our prospect pool.

Grant McCagg

@duhduhduh
Dec 13, 2010
Thanks Grant!

Seems like the opinions on him are all over the map, likely due to the injury and limited viewings. Future Considerstions doesn't even have him listed in their top 210. Will be interesting to see if and where he is ranked by McKeen's and Hockey Prospect, the other two guides I get.

I think he'll surprise a lot of people and he should be drafted. Like you said he really came on as the season progressed.

I wouldn't worry too much about FC not ranking him....they are no more accredited as scouts than many of the guys on this board. Don't put a lot of emphasis on their list.

I had him in The Hockey News' top 100. We are finalizing McKeen's rankings today..he is ranked in the top 100 there too...personally I have him in my top 90.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
I wouldn't worry too much about FC not ranking him....they are no more accredited as scouts than many of the guys on this board. Don't put a lot of emphasis on their list.

I had him in The Hockey News' top 100. We are finalizing McKeen's rankings today..he is ranked in the top 100 there too...personally I have him in my top 90.

That's quite true, as I write reports for them and I certainly don't think I'm any better than most of the guys on here.

I think though that's it's more a praise to the guys participating in this mock than it is a knock on FC.

yoteshot

Lazy Habs fan
Aug 6, 2005
Gatineau / Ottawa
:flyers :flyers :flyers

With the 168th pick in the 2014 NHL Entry Draft, Philadelphia is proud to select from Sault Ste. Marie of the OHL, Goaltender Brandon Halverson.

4050017.jpg

Great size for a goalie, tall and lanky, which allows him to move well in his net. He has quick reflexes and is a battler that fights for the puck through traffic. His most intriguing strength is his puck handling skills. He can act as a third defenseman that helps move the puck out of the zone quickly. He still needs work on his technical game and rebound control. With quality coaching and more game time we believe Brandon can improve these aspects of his game and add quality goaltending depth to our prospect pool.

Debated between Minney and him for my last pick. Went with Minney who, I feel, has higher upside, but Halverson is intriguing too. Good pick ;)

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
With the 164th pick the Washington Capitals are proud to select

From the Owen Sound Attack Jaden Lindo

With the 168th pick in the 2014 NHL Entry Draft, Philadelphia is proud to select from Sault Ste. Marie of the OHL, Goaltender Brandon Halverson

You guys are making it easy for me in the 7th round....I was expecting to go with a goalie and Halverson would have been one of my top choices for sure. Good pick. Another one I don't see lasting that long. Lindo is interesting to say the least...was also on my list. Go on boys, only says that I won't take long to choose if you eliminate all the players I still have on the list....

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
That's quite true, as I write reports for them and I certainly don't think I'm any better than most of the guys on here.

I think though that's it's more a praise to the guys participating in this mock than it is a knock on FC.

I mean no disrespect here as I know that you know your stuff, but that doesn't make me feel too good about FC if it's HFers doing the scouting reports from watching games on their computer screens.

If I'm paying for a scouting service/ publication I'm expecting the reports to be from the scouts who go to the games live.

Again, nothing against you personally but that's pretty eye opening to me if FC's scouts are more like bloggers and message board posters than scouts.

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2010
Halverson had a very strong finish. Do we believe it's a preview of next year or just a flash? I like the Soo so I'm on board.

Also for some reason I had Darby off my list. I thought he was taken by this point.

Last edited:

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
I mean no disrespect here as I know that you know your stuff, but that doesn't make me feel too good about FC if it's HFers doing the scouting reports from watching games on their computer screens.

If I'm paying for a scouting service/ publication I'm expecting the reports to be from the scouts who go to the games live.

Again, nothing against you personally but that's pretty eye opening to me if FC's scouts are more like bloggers and message board posters than scouts.

Could be worse, you could have Canucks' scouts runnning the magazine :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad