The Official 2014 (Annual) Habs Board Mock Draft (Done!)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Auto pick. Want to do it Natey? Or whoever isn't picking in next 10.

Time limit if we do it again next year.

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Auto pick. Want to do it Natey? Or whoever isn't picking in next 10.

Time limit if we do it again next year.
Next year, just put a link in the main post and any guy who is a regular in the draft can do it.

I just take about 20-30 names, paste into list randomizer, hit randomize, and put in the top name. If the player is drafted already, I erase him, and hit randomize again. I always take a screenshot too, just incase someone complained.

https://www.random.org/lists/

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
:hawks :hawks :hawks

With the 174th pick in the 2014 draft, the Chicago Blackhawks are pleased to take a chance on forward Blake Clarke of the Saginaw Spirit.

Clarke-Blake-feature.jpg

We love the potential here. Certainly a player that is much more capable than he's let on. First moving to a different city, then derailed by a lingering shoulder injury, which prompted a slow start, which in turn prompted a trade. We can understand the bad season. He had a great 2012/13 and was penciled in as a 1st rounder due to his size, skating ability and hard shot. We are hoping he gets back on track.

Can someone PM next GM for me? Thanks.

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Clarke was on my radar but not until my next pick, even though he was absolutely terrible this year. I saw him about 7 times and my goodness, he was not the same player at all. Absolutely zero effort but there's not denying he has skill.

Dec 2, 2010
Clarke was on my radar but not until my next pick, even though he was absolutely terrible this year. I saw him about 7 times and my goodness, he was not the same player at all. Absolutely zero effort but there's not denying he has skill.
It's unbelievable. I thought for sure he would at the very least plateau not sink like an anchor. I mean this is like Ebert x10 imo.

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
It's unbelievable. I thought for sure he would at the very least plateau not sink like an anchor. I mean this is like Ebert x10 imo.
A good example is Alex Plante, an ex Oilers first rounder.

Defenseman who put up 38 points in 58 games, followed by 2 points in 38 games the next year. :amazed:

Lucky for Alex Plante, he was an Edmonton Oiler so he got to realize his dream of playing in the NHL (and picked up two assists in 10-games). But his career is dead now (well, he's play in Austria and we'll probably see him on some Spengler Cup teams, lol).

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006

I don't necessarily care for Clarke, but the package is there. Maybe we can see what he'll do in a great organization known to give their players the time to develop. I have no problem taking that risk in round 6.

Dec 2, 2010
His problems weren't health related once he recovered though. He just never had a good game. I can't recall anyone who sees his games praise a performance this season and what I've seen from him is appalling

@1man, Plante was post-draft. This is Clarke's draft year.

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
His problems weren't health related once he recovered though. He just never had a good game. I can't recall anyone who sees his games praise a performance this season and what I've seen from him is appalling

@1man, Plante was post-draft. This is Clarke's draft year.
True.

I thought Plante's good year was his rookie year, but I see now that he played a full season prior to his draft.

I don't necessarily care for Clarke, but the package is there. Maybe we can see what he'll do in a great organization known to give their players the time to develop. I have no problem taking that risk in round 6.
The issue is that North Bay was a good team and Clarke didn't fit in this year. Fine. That's not a big deal. He was traded.

The issue is that he was on a very bad team and couldn't earn any minutes because his effort level was absolutely pathetic.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
:hawks :hawks :hawks

With the 174th pick in the 2014 draft, the Chicago Blackhawks are pleased to take a chance on forward Blake Clarke of the Saginaw Spirit.

One of the biggest drop ever. This guy was touted to be a 1st rounder at one point. Good pick at that rank though. If somebody can convince him that he's better than what he showed, he could surprise. Or this year was just a sign of a guy reaching his ceiling. Yet, at that rank...good pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad