The Official 2014 (Annual) Habs Board Mock Draft (Done!)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

thefeebster

Mar 13, 2009
Vancouver
@Grant or Habsfan18: Do you worry about Hunt's 3 concussions within 18 months? I think it's a bit concerning for a guy that plays an aggressive brand of hockey.

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
@Grant or Habsfan18: Do you worry about Hunt's 3 concussions within 18 months? I think it's a bit concerning for a guy that plays an aggressive brand of hockey.

I'm neither, but I'd hesitate to pick him, but on the plus side, that 3rd one didn't seem as bad (apparently he was in much better shape immediately afterwards than the preceding hit that put him out), and his level of play wasn't bad at all once he came back from it. He does play that style, though, and you don't have to look much farther to find a guy like Tye Hand on the same roster who piled up 6 concussions (3 in a stretch of two seasons - a foreboding similarity) and found himself contemplating his hockey future.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
We can give Moncton until 8pm.

Grant can answer it better than myself, but that's always a concern. I think he's worth taking a chance on though personally if we makes it to the 4th/5th round. Some team may like him enough to take a chance on him in the 3rd.

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
I mean no disrespect here as I know that you know your stuff, but that doesn't make me feel too good about FC if it's HFers doing the scouting reports from watching games on their computer screens.

If I'm paying for a scouting service/ publication I'm expecting the reports to be from the scouts who go to the games live.

Again, nothing against you personally but that's pretty eye opening to me if FC's scouts are more like bloggers and message board posters than scouts.
I think that's pretty much what all the publications are, really. I mean, there are a few fairly well-known individuals who really do live as unaffiliated scouts I guess, but most of the rest are moonlighting at best, aren't they? But it's kind of semantics. I guess if you go to hockey games to watch prospects and write about them, you have the right to call yourself a "scout", it's not like it's an accredited university degree or something. :dunno:

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
I mean no disrespect here as I know that you know your stuff, but that doesn't make me feel too good about FC if it's HFers doing the scouting reports from watching games on their computer screens.

If I'm paying for a scouting service/ publication I'm expecting the reports to be from the scouts who go to the games live.

Again, nothing against you personally but that's pretty eye opening to me if FC's scouts are more like bloggers and message board posters than scouts.

No harm taken. I know of another guy who scouts for FC and he used to write about the players he scouts on LegrandClub. I know for a fact that he attends most games in the Ottawa/Gatineau area. Personally, I've been a season ticket holder in Sherbrooke for two years, and attend some games in Victo/Drummond every now and then.

I also watch most of what is shown on TVASports / MATV / Sportnet.

I don't know the other scouts personally, but I think most of them attend live games. I couldn't tell you what is the quality of the other scouts though. Grant is right to say the content might not be as accurate as the other agencies, because they might not be as rigorous in their scout selection.

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
it's gameday guys, patience is fair.

We're approaching 12 hours since the last pick, MS hasn't logged on in a few days AND he's done this a few times already. Patience is fair, but for some it has run dry. I personally don't mind the wait, but if there is no pick after the game is done, his pick should be auto'd to get the ball rolling.

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
Matthew Berkovitz would be the highest rated guy left from CSS and Marshall Donald the lowest. Don't know if people are ok with either of them or someone wants to make a randomized pick.

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
:kings

With the 171st pick, the Los Angeles Kings select, from Skellefteå AIK of the Svenska hockeyligan, forward,

Viktor Arvidsson

3193184_2048_1217.jpg

The Hockey News

Is a great skater with plenty of offensive ability and a very sound work rate. Shoots the puck with aplomb and possesses a lot of creativity when he has the puck. Lacks ideal size for the National Hockey League game. Also needs more work in terms of defensive-zone coverage. Undersized but skilled scoring winger with upside.

Teammate of Lundberg in the SHL. Hope both come through in the future.

Draft recap

#20 David Pastrňák, F, Södertälje Sportklubb, HockeyAllsvenskan
#51 Jayce Hawryluk, F, Brandon Wheat Kings, WHL
#81 Lucas Wallmark, F, Luleå Hockeyförening, Svenska hockeyligan
#111 Joe Hicketts, D, Victoria Royals, WHL
#141 Tyler Bird, F, Kimball Union Academy, New Hampshire
#157 Arvid Lundberg, D, Skellefteå AIK, Svenska hockeyligan
#171 Viktor Arvidsson, F, Skellefteå AIK, Svenska hockeyligan

eaglesmaster PM'd

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
:kings

With the 171st pick, the Los Angeles Kings select, from Skellefteå AIK of the Svenska hockeyligan, forward,

Viktor Arvidsson

3193184_2048_1217.jpg

The Hockey News

Is a great skater with plenty of offensive ability and a very sound work rate. Shoots the puck with aplomb and possesses a lot of creativity when he has the puck. Lacks ideal size for the National Hockey League game. Also needs more work in terms of defensive-zone coverage. Undersized but skilled scoring winger with upside.

Teammate of Lundberg in the SHL. Hope both come through in the future.

Draft recap

#20 David Pastrňák, F, Södertälje Sportklubb, HockeyAllsvenskan
#51 Jayce Hawryluk, F, Brandon Wheat Kings, WHL
#81 Lucas Wallmark, F, Luleå Hockeyförening, Svenska hockeyligan
#111 Joe Hicketts, D, Victoria Royals, WHL
#141 Tyler Bird, F, Kimball Union Academy, New Hampshire
#157 Arvid Lundberg, D, Skellefteå AIK, Svenska hockeyligan
#171 Viktor Arvidsson, F, Skellefteå AIK, Svenska hockeyligan

eaglesmaster PM'd

This was the last person on my list. Guess I should have went him 158 and Trevor Moore 188. :laugh:

eaglesmaster

Sep 20, 2008
:habs

With the 172nd pick, the Montreal Canadiens select, from MHK Spartak of the MHL, forward Arkhip Nekolenko.

Very gifted scorer with size to go along with it(6'3, 185). Has an absolute canon of a shot. Has very good hockey sense, and is not afraid of the gritty stuff. Plays well around the net, and takes advantage of scoring opportunities. Can completely dominate on the ice. Illness hurt his season, and likely his draft stock. A second concern with him is the fact that his older brother also plays for the KHL team that drafted him, so the russian still in russia factor is very present. However, in the 6th round, I feel it is appropriate to take the risk on such a talented individual.

*zaluty has been pmed

Last edited:

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Did a random list for Mouncton, list randomized with Rhett Gardner on top.

Grant McCagg

@duhduhduh
Dec 13, 2010
At some point you stop worrying and pick him. We're not talking about using a top 50 pick on the kid. In the mid rounds the odds of you getting a future NHLer are often less than 10 per cent...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad