The Official 2014 (Annual) Habs Board Mock Draft (Done!)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
with the 153 pick the Oilers are proud to select, from the USHL Waterloo Black Hawks, defenceman Brandon Montour

Not a "sexy" pick in our mock because of his age, but an interesting up-and-coming talent nonetheless. Will be interesting to see how far up the career arc he can get after polishing his game a bit more in the NCAA.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Not a "sexy" pick in our mock because of his age, but an interesting up-and-coming talent nonetheless. Will be interesting to see how far up the career arc he can get after polishing his game a bit more in the NCAA.

It's all about being sexy though.....That's what I tell my wife every day...:D

MarkovtoSubban

Mar 11, 2009
Toronto
:stars

With the 154th pick in the 2014 NHL Entry Draft, The Dallas Stars select from Eagan High School, Defenseman, Nick Wolff.

Nick_Wolff__Eagan_High_School__large.jpg

Wolff is a big kid. He's athletic and is learning to become more steady in the defensive end. Wolff prides himself on using his big frame to lay out some devastating hits. Once Wolff adds some more weight to his body his hits will become more devastating. Wolff also shows a willingness to throw his fists around. We hope that Wolff can develop into a solid bottom pairing defenceman who can throw the big hit or turn the momentum with a big fight or be able to police and protect his teammates and not hurting his team on the ice. Committed to Minnesota-Duluth he has plenty of time to learn the game and bulk up.

The Big Bad Wolff!

Too big and bad to go under the radar any longer. Was hoping though.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
:stars

With the 154th pick in the 2014 NHL Entry Draft, The Dallas Stars select from Eagan High School, Defenseman, Nick Wolff.

Nick_Wolff__Eagan_High_School__large.jpg

Wolff is a big kid. He's athletic and is learning to become more steady in the defensive end. Wolff prides himself on using his big frame to lay out some devastating hits. Once Wolff adds some more weight to his body his hits will become more devastating. Wolff also shows a willingness to throw his fists around. We hope that Wolff can develop into a solid bottom pairing defenceman who can throw the big hit or turn the momentum with a big fight or be able to police and protect his teammates and not hurting his team on the ice. Committed to Minnesota-Duluth he has plenty of time to learn the game and bulk up.

Did you make that oil painting of him? Looks pretty lifelike.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
The islanders pick Alex Lintuniemi.

Had already drafted middleton this year and another guy or two in previous years on that team. Seemed like an interesting pick.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
:nucks:nucks

With the 156th overall selection, the Vancouver Canucks select from the Regina Pats of the WHL...forward Dryden Hunt.

Hunt1952.jpg

"We feel Dryden is an underrated player in this draft class and are pleased to draft a player with his combination of offensive skill and his ability to drop the gloves when needed in the latter rounds. After missing a large chunk of last season due to injury, and a slow start to this year, we really liked what we saw out of Dryden during the second half of this season."

Next GM will be PM'd.

My picks:

Michael Dal Colle
Eric Cornel
Blake Siebenaler
Clark Bishop
Dryden Hunt

Last edited:

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
:kings

With the 157th pick, the Los Angeles Kings select, from Skellefteå AIK of the Svenska hockeyligan, defenseman,

Arvid Lundberg

arvidlundberg.jpg

eliteprospects.com

A smart two-way defenseman. Has good positioning on the ice and reads the play well. Good shot and pretty good puck moving ability. Reliable and can be used in all game situations.

Already playing regular minutes on one of the top teams in the SHL. Not the most physical of players. Former centerman, moved to D at the U18 level. Hoping he can continue improve his game.

Draft recap

#20 David Pastrňák, F, Södertälje Sportklubb, HockeyAllsvenskan
#51 Jayce Hawryluk, F, Brandon Wheat Kings, WHL
#81 Lucas Wallmark, F, Luleå Hockeyförening, Svenska hockeyligan
#111 Joe Hicketts, D, Victoria Royals, WHL
#141 Tyler Bird, F, Kimball Union Academy, New Hampshire
#157 Arvid Lundberg, D, Skellefteå AIK, Svenska hockeyligan

Laffs PM'd

Last edited:

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
With the 158th pick, the Toronto Maple Leafs select from the NCAA, Univ. of Denver forward, Trevor Moore.

"Undersized but had a good rookie year in the NCAA leading Denver in scoring. Led his USHL team in scoring as well the season before. Fairly quick and doesn't seem afraid of tough areas. We're interested to see how he develops in the future and feel he could be a nice surprise. No oil paintings were made in his honor"

Head Coach said:
"I don't think he has been in a real winning environment, and I don't think he's ever been listed as a true hockey player, and that's what so exciting about his potential," Montgomery said of Moore. "He has an extremely creative and dynamic mind — creating being his vision, finding teammates all over the ice, and dynamic how many times he beats people in the corner and off the rush. He's not a guy who just beat you with speed, but going east and west too."
http://www.denverpost.com/colleges/ci_24830665/du-pioneers-southern-california-trevor-moore

Toronto Maple Leafs 2014 Draft:
8. William Nylander, C/LW
68. Nick Magyar, C/RW
94. Alexandre Goulet, C
128. Lukas Bengtsson, D
158. Trevor Moore, C/LW

next GM will be PM'd

I have 1 player left on my list of 6 I made before my round 4 pick, don't think he'll be taken but who knows. :laugh:

Last edited:

yoteshot

Lazy Habs fan
Aug 6, 2005
Gatineau / Ottawa
:jets

The Jets select, from the USNTDP: Goaltender Edwin Minney.

"We feel we need to add a potential NHL goalie and with his size and skillset, Minney could be just that. Obviously he is a long term project, but being committed to Michigan State, he will be in a good program to develop his talents."

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
:wild :wild :wild

With the 160th pick of this year's draft, the Minnesota Wild select; from Hill-Murray of the HS-MN league, left winger Mitchel Slattery!

a058_medium.jpg

"Mitch is a very good offensive forward with all the tools to work with. Problem with Mitch is that he is very lazy when it comes to the defensive side of the game. When you carry your team offensively, you tend to want to do too much with the puck and Slattery is guilty of this. He'll need to work on using his teammates more often and stop being selfish when he has the puck. We believe these are all problems that come with a kid out of high school and they can all be easily corrected. We feel Slattery is worth the risk of a 6th round pick and him being a local kid only helps."

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
:devils

With the 161st overall pick, the New Jersey Devils select, from Linköping J20 of the SuperElit, Leon Bristedt.

Next GM will be pm'd.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
:jets

The Jets select, from the USNTDP: Goaltender Edwin Minney.

"We feel we need to add a potential NHL goalie and with his size and skillset, Minney could be just that. Obviously he is a long term project, but being committed to Michigan State, he will be in a good program to develop his talents."

Yes, I understand he has flaws...but geez so far down the draft? I vote this pick as one of the biggest difference between this pick and the real one. Even thought you guys had forgotten him entirely....

yoteshot

Lazy Habs fan
Aug 6, 2005
Gatineau / Ottawa
Yes, I understand he has flaws...but geez so far down the draft? I vote this pick as one of the biggest difference between this pick and the real one. Even thought you guys had forgotten him entirely....

Woot, a Whitesnake seal of approval! :laugh:

I had to check twice too. I was interested in drafting him since round 4, where I had 2 picks. Never thought he'd still be there in the 6th. I'm not an expert on goalies, but he seems to have interesting potential.

Grant McCagg

@duhduhduh
Dec 13, 2010
:nucks:nucks

With the 156th overall selection, the Vancouver Canucks select from the Regina Pats of the WHL...forward Dryden Hunt.

Hunt1952.jpg

"We feel Dryden is an underrated player in this draft class and are pleased to draft a player with his combination of offensive skill and his ability to drop the gloves when needed in the latter rounds. After missing a large chunk of last season due to injury, and a slow start to this year, we really liked what we saw out of Dryden during the second half of this season."

Next GM will be PM'd.

My picks:

Michael Dal Colle
Eric Cornel
Blake Siebenaler
Clark Bishop
Dryden Hunt

There goes my darkhorse...really like Hunt. Nice pick!! As you say..he missed most of last season, and this year he had something like 40 points in his last 44 games, and produced in the playoffs. He's flying under the radar because he started the season slow, wasn't seen last year, and Regina had no one else to scout, so he wasn't seen much.

Last edited:

Grant McCagg

@duhduhduh
Dec 13, 2010
With the 162nd pick, the Nashville Predators select, from the Oshawa Generals, Jacob Busch. Busch is a high energy winger with toughness and good skating skills who we feel will produce over the next two seasons as he climbs up the depth chart. Made the jump from Junior C, and showed a willingness to compete hard, and drop the gloves. He was matched up against Ritchie in the PBO playoff series and drove him to distraction..didn't back down from him.

16-102_xlarge.jpg

Last edited:

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
With the 163rd pick, the Phoenix Coyotes are proud to select, from the Drummondville Voltigeurs, Defenseman Sergei Boikov.

Sergei+Boikov+l8BDYPmOfapm.jpg

Boikov is a Defensive-minded D that is highly physical and engages his opponents every chance he has. He started the year on the third pair for the Volts, but finished it on the top shutdown pair. He was even used to protect leads at the end of games, in front 2012 draftee Ryan Culkin. He has the knack and the timing to deliver thunderous hits, he's really not fun to play against. While he's not Niedermayer on skates, we feel he's fluid enough to have a Pro career.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
There goes my darkhorse...really like Hunt. Nice pick!! As you say..he missed most of last season, and this year he had something like 40 points in his last 44 games, and produced in the playoffs. He's flying under the radar because he started the season slow, wasn't seen last year, and Regina had no one else to scout, so he wasn't seen much.

Yep...I totally missed him. Great pick indeed! Scouts are looking for those types of guys. Hunt will also go much earlier.

JHabs

HFB Partner
Dec 14, 2007
Montreal
twitter.com
With the 164th pick the Washington Capitals are proud to select

From the Owen Sound Attack Jaden Lindo

jaden_lindo_owen_sound_attack.jpg

Jaden is by no means an elite offensive forward but we love his non-stop motor & 200 foot game. He was hammered by injuries this season and only got 40 games in but we feel he has the potential to be a solid stereotypical pest-crash & bang player that teams love in their playoff runs.

next gm PMd

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad