The Official 2014 (Annual) Habs Board Mock Draft (Done!)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
With the 177th pick in this year's NHL entry draft, the St. Louis Blues are proud to select from the Halifax Mooseheads of the QMJHL, forward, Danny Moynihan!

DMoynihan0740.jpg

"Danny is a US born kid who came up to the CHL for what he thought would be a better experience. Danny was stuck behind some fantastic players on a stacked Mooseheads team, but still had a solid regular season and playoffs with limited ice-time. It's hard to project Danny because of the lack of ice-time, so it's hard to know his ceiling. He doesn't have one tool that makes him elite in any area, but he's good in all areas of the game.

Next year, Danny looks to move into the Top-6 with a bunch of players moving on to the Pros. We feel our selection will be well respected after next season when Danny gets the ice-time needed to develop and produce. We're very happy to add him to our organization."

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2010
With the 178th pick, Colorado is proud to select from Frölunda of the SHL, Pierre Engvall.

Pierre-Engvall-featured-624x394.jpg

The big winger has a similarly big shot. Uses his body to protect the puck and has enough puck skills to be successful at it as well as above average passing. Good skating for his size but room for improvement. He's able to drive the net but needs to do that more often. Hopefully his team loans him out to get consistently high ice time next season.

GM PMed.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
:flames:flames:flames

With the 179th pick in the draft the Calgary Flames are pleased to select from HV71, defenseman Emil Johansson.

007d13de59_IMG_6794.jpg

Emil has decent size, plays a smart game and can move the puck well. He doesn't excel at any one thing but he could turn into a depth utility guy that all teams can use.

Next GM PM'd

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
With the 180th pick in this year's NHL entry draft, the St. Louis Blues are proud to select from the Edmonton Oil Kings of the WHL, defenseman, Ashton Sautner!

1297564452338_ORIGINAL.jpg

"Ashton may be an overager, but he had a breakout year this season for Edmonton and he was a big part of why they won the WHL Championship and the Memorial Cup. A fantastic season, a good playoffs, and a great Memorial Cup.

Sautner posted 58 points in 97 games this season. On top of that, Sautner posted a massive +73 in those 97 games.

Ashton will be the defensive leader on the Oil Kings next year as they look to repeat."​

habsprospects

Nov 24, 2003
Sherbrooke, QC
habsprospects.com
FJDuFhn.jpg

With the 181st overall pick, the Buffalo Sabres are proud to announce the selection of Left Winger Rihards Bukarts from the Brandon Wheat Kings of the WHL.

Yuri Khmylev said:
He fast player, has quality puck skills, heavy shot, surprising physicality for that size, da, he good for a Latvian.

Next GM has been PM'd

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Just saw this:

Homarid may not have received a PM. He was on today around 10am. I guess we should hold off on the autopick for a bit. I'll PM him now.

I would but my big mouth (I guess stupid fingers in this case) got me in trouble ;)

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
With the 177th pick in this year's NHL entry draft, the St. Louis Blues are proud to select from the Halifax Mooseheads of the QMJHL, forward, Danny Moynihan!

At times it was hard to remember that he was a rookie this year. I don't see much of a ceiling with him, but he could be another one of those Stefan Fournier type guys who does just enough of everything.​

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
For WTK;

A quote from Kulda after winning the MVP of the Memorial Cup...

“I was reading the names of the players who won that trophy, and I was like, what the hell am I doing there?” said Kulda. “Like, really? Okay, not bad.”

:laugh:

At times it was hard to remember that he was a rookie this year. I don't see much of a ceiling with him, but he could be another one of those Stefan Fournier type guys who does just enough of everything.
Yeah.. the ceiling is in question big time, but unlike Fournier Moynihan had to play behind a pretty stacked group for forwards.

Next year - Drouin, Ashley, and Andrews are all moving onto Pro hockey. Andrew Ryan may not be kept as they may go with two overage defenseman instead of two overage forwards. Ciampini is also rumoured to be dealt.

So next year, the depth looks like;

Gadoury, Ehlers, Meier, Moynihan, and Shewfelt look like locks for Top-6 jobs unless something changes.

Last edited:

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
:flames:flames:flames

With the 184th pick the Calgary Flames are pleased to select from the Kamloops Blazers forward Collin Shirley.

Collin%20Shirley3258.jpg

Collin is a player whose stock may have bottomed out as the year progressed, but he still has an intriguing combination of size and raw skill and is a worthy risk in the 7th round. We have hopes that he can be a late bloomer and a prominent part of the Blazers' offense next year.

Next GM has been PM'd.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
All done for me this year

:flames:

4. Sam Reinhart
34. Jack Dougherty
58. Oskar Lindblom
64. Kaapo Kahkonen
85. Andreas Englund
179. Emil Johansson
184. Collin Shirley

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Just got home from work. Pick coming shortly.

Does overlords mean Kyle Jenkins?

Last edited:

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
:nucks:nucks:nucks

With their final selection in the 2014 Habs board mock draft, the Vancouver Canucks select with the 186th overall selection...defenseman Yannick Rathgeb from Plymouth of the OHL.

155733634-yannick-rathgeb-of-team-switzerland-scores-gettyimages.jpg

"An offensive-minded defenseman with a smooth skating stride, Rathgeb has a bomb from the point. He may not be flashy or physical, but we like his potential as a solid defensive addition to our prospect group and are excited to see how he develops going forward."

Canucks:

6th overall: Michael Dal Colle - LW/C
36th overall: Eric Cornel - W/C
66th overall: Blake Siebenaler - D
126th overall: Clark Bishop - C
156th overall: Dryden Hunt - C
186th overall: Yannick Rathgeb - D

Next GM PM'd.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad