The New York Rangers are a perfectly built team this year

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
They are a very good team. Some dangerous players on the Rangers. That being said the Avs had the lions share of top tier chances last night while still being down Landeskog. Rangers are a great team but I’d still take Carolina and Colorado over them this season.

Igor is a damn madman though. That guy can carry a team.
Rangers should go all in while prime Igor lasts. If it's depth they are missing then maybe trade Laff or Kakko and see if you can get great 2nd/3rd like scorers. Maybe two of them to give new York more sandpaper, speed and skill in the bottom 6.

Something like that. Whatever they need the most. Have to give some to get some. It is what it is. Rags trade an area of strength to firmly patch up their team.

It's a win now move, but it's a great time to go all in. Avs and bolts are a little weaker this year, and as you said Igor is a madman. Looking back I wish the Habs were more aggressive during Price's prime. We would have won at least a cup I think.

Same for Igor. He's too good. Give him the best team you can and I think a cup is all but guaranteed. He's that good.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
I'll translate, Fox and Trouba forced trades with Rangers cause they wanted to live in New York and Panarin as a UFA had New York as his only destination.

Unless the Rangers management built New York city they really had no part in building a good chunk of the "Core"

The placement of who helped form the current roster is

1.New York
2. The Senators GM
3. Rangers Management.

If you want to praise anyone for the current team then Kiss the New york pavement or I don't know eat a Hotdog from a cart.

LiveLongandProspal

NY Rangers = America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
Yep. Hey I never said it was a revelation. You’re the one asking despite the answers being obvious.

But I don't get your point. We know the Rangers are the most popular free agent destination in the NHL because they're in New York...what does that have to do with anything? That's their main appeal, along with being an Original-6 team and playing in the World's Most Famous Arena.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
But I don't get your point. We know the Rangers are the most popular free agent destination in the NHL because they're in New York...what does that have to do with anything? That's their main appeal, along with being an Original-6 team and playing in the World's Most Famous Arena.
Reread the original thread title and my original post and you will understand. My point was they aren’t a perfectly “built” team and their management (which this thread attempts to kiss ass) doesn’t deserve credit.

LiveLongandProspal

May 29, 2010
New York City
I'll translate, Fox, Trouba, and forced trades with Rangers cause they wanted to live in New York and Panarin as a UFA had New York as his only destination.

Unless the Rangers management built New York city they really had no part in building a good chunk of the "Core"

The placement of who helped form the current roster is

1.New York
2. The Senators GM
3. Rangers Management.

Well, we traded for Trouba. Fox...fair point. He forced his way here. Panarin signed here because he wanted to play in NY and because he got 12M per.

Management drafted Kreider, K'Andre and Igor.

Reactions: Xirik

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Well, we traded for Trouba. Fox...fair point. He forced his way here. Panarin signed here because he wanted to play in NY and because he got 12M per.

Troubs was only available in trade due to NY factor. I’ll concede and say you guys atleast paid something for him though, but again a trade oppurtunity that wouldn’t be open to any other team in the League cause they don’t have the NY advantage. Management gets a gift.

LiveLongandProspal

May 29, 2010
New York City
Reread the original thread title and my original post and you will understand. My point was they aren’t a perfectly “built” team and their management (which this thread attempts to kiss ass) doesn’t deserve credit.

Alright, I kind of get your point (even though you're neglecting the drafting of Kreider, Igor and K'Andre), but it seems like you're arguing over semantics. Built...luckily constructed...who cares? This team hasn't won the Cup since 1994 and we're currently struggling.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta

don't forget taking advantage of the new Senator's GM.

Shame on the Rangers:sarcasm:

I can't think of a worse trade in recent memory.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Alright, I kind of get your point (even though you're neglecting the drafting of Kreider, Igor and K'Andre), but it seems like you're arguing over semantics. Built...luckily constructed...who cares? This team hasn't won the Cup since 1994 and we're currently struggling.

Kreider and Igor sure. I’ll take your word on K’Andre. Those are some good picks, every team has them eventually, but nearly no teams can supplement them with all world talent like NY can due to being NY and not being due to any genius level or perfect level management.

This thread put out that they are perfectly built due to seemingly elite management. I’m just replying to the topic presented. You choose yourself how much you care if theyve built a wagon of a team through luck or smarts. If I’m an NY fan I wouldn’t give two shits lol. But for the sake of Hockey Accuracy I’d like to set the record straight.

LiveLongandProspal

May 29, 2010
New York City
don't forget taking advantage of the new Senator's GM.

Shame on the Rangers:sarcasm:

I can't think of a worse trade in recent memory.

Hey, we did the same thing with Bob Gainey...and we still didn't get any Cups out of it

Kreider and Igor sure. I’ll take your word on K’Andre. Those are some good picks, every team has them eventually, but nearly no teams can supplement them with all world talent like NY can due to being NY and not being due to any genius level or perfect level management.

This thread put out that they are perfectly built due to seemingly elite management. I’m just replying to the topic presented. You choose yourself how much you care if theyve built a wagon of a team through luck or smarts.

Fair point. Personally, I think Drury blows and Gorton was nothing to write home about either.

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013

@ViD you son of a bitch. How dare you jinx us this bad?! Is it because we signed Panarin?

Holy shit we are looking god awful, why did you have to make a thread like this?

• Love
Reactions: TBF1972

nightonthesun

Sep 8, 2013
New Jersey
if you want to argue that management deserves no credit and New York always receives unfair gift players, you don’t need to look any further than all the cups they’ve won in the last 50 years

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Rangers should go all in while prime Igor lasts. If it's depth they are missing then maybe trade Laff or Kakko and see if you can get great 2nd/3rd like scorers. Maybe two of them to give new York more sandpaper, speed and skill in the bottom 6.

Something like that. Whatever they need the most. Have to give some to get some. It is what it is. Rags trade an area of strength to firmly patch up their team.

It's a win now move, but it's a great time to go all in. Avs and bolts are a little weaker this year, and as you said Igor is a madman. Looking back I wish the Habs were more aggressive during Price's prime. We would have won at least a cup I think.

Same for Igor. He's too good. Give him the best team you can and I think a cup is all but guaranteed. He's that good.
Alex Killorn for Laf.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad