The New York Rangers are a perfectly built team this year

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Identity404

I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stitious
Nov 5, 2005
Washington DC
I think the reason fans are high on the Rangers is that they are one of few teams who can boast the following:

Top 1 goalie in the whole league
Top 5 Defenseman
Top 5 Winger
Top 10 Center

You basically have one elite, rare player in every position, which basically never happens in this sport. Rangers fans have every right to be among the most bullish of fans.

I personally don't think they have enough depth at basically any position, which tends to be important, but I guess we'll see how impoartant that is.Zibanejad? I don't thi

I think the reason fans are high on the Rangers is that they are one of few teams who can boast the following:

Top 1 goalie in the whole league
Top 5 Defenseman
Top 5 Winger
Top 10 Center

You basically have one elite, rare player in every position, which basically never happens in this sport. Rangers fans have every right to be among the most bullish of fans.

I personally don't think they have enough depth at basically any position, which tends to be important, but I guess we'll see how impoartant that is.

Zibanejad isn't a top 10 center.

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020

Zibanejad isn't a top 10 center.

Nor is Igor the best goalie. He was last year but rarely do goalies carry over a season being the best the next year, and so far he hasn't been great. Also not hard to argue Fox isn't a top 5 defenseman. Panarin is a top 5 winger but he also has issues and is soft and has come up short in the playoffs.

Identity404

I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stitious
Nov 5, 2005
Washington DC
Nor is Igor the best goalie. He was last year but rarely do goalies carry over a season being the best the next year, and so far he hasn't been great. Also not hard to argue Fox isn't a top 5 defenseman. Panarin is a top 5 winger but he also has issues and is soft and has come up short in the playoffs.

Agreed, but in my mind you can at least make an argument for the others. I'd like to hear how Zibanejad is a top 10 center.

Reactions: LetsGoBLUES91

scoopscj

Feb 13, 2009
Central Joy-See
Rangers have an excellent top 6, insane goalie, and two top tier defenders. (if not more). Their PP was lethal last year and along with their goalie, carried them to the conference finals. Can they repeat that? Possibly, but it's going to be hard. Bottom 6 and depth is sketchy.

Also not sure why their 5 on 5 play wasn't so great last year. Not sure how it is this year. Hopefully they come back down to earth.

Ncit3

Oct 19, 2011
Colorado
They are a very good team. Some dangerous players on the Rangers. That being said the Avs had the lions share of top tier chances last night while still being down Landeskog. Rangers are a great team but I’d still take Carolina and Colorado over them this season.

Igor is a damn madman though. That guy can carry a team.

Reactions: HabzSauce

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
They are a very good team. Some dangerous players on the Rangers. That being said the Avs had the lions share of top tier chances last night while still being down Landeskog. Rangers are a great team but I’d still take Carolina and Colorado over them this season.

Igor is a damn madman though. That guy can carry a team.
Expected goals were 3.9 for both teams. And naturalstattrick has the Rangers with 18 HDC to the Avs 13

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
If Igor is not the best goalie, then who is ? Let me guess: Freddy Anderson ?

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
If Igor is not the best goalie, then who is ? Let me guess: Freddy Anderson ?
The position is fickle and shifts from year to year. Vasi is one of the few constants and I’d put him number 1 because of that track record. But otherwise guys like Oettinger, Hart, Binnington, Helly are all playing much better than Igor this year. I wouldn’t even put Freddie in the top 15 so far this year.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
K’Andre Miller is going to be the X factor. People talk about Laf & Kakko, but I think Miller’s upside isn’t fully appreciated around here.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I’ve heard this exact quote for three seasons now from Rangers fans
Those people lied to you

download (1).png

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I know that. This is just now the third season of “pffttt you clearly don’t watch him, he’s about to break out” while he puts up 20 something points and gets scratched.
No, it's the first season of him actually being in the top six consistently and not looking out of place. I think we need to give it more than 7 games.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
No, it's the first season of him actually being in the top six consistently and not looking out of place. I think we need to give it more than 7 games.
Maybe that’s YOUR opinion, but countless Ranger fans have been saying this for 3 years now.

Then he puts up 20pts and stuff everyone just says “you must not watch him play, he’s elite”

Reactions: Voight

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
Kakko reminds me of Afinogenov in that he will pull off something amazing and not finish it most of the time. Good player but never elite.

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
They’d have a dynamic top 6 if Laf and Kakko had lived up to their expectations. Year 3 and 4 for them respectively and still neither seems capable of becoming a productive(meaning at or near PPG) top 6 winger at a time in which the team could really use one. I was definitely expecting at lest one if not both to break out by now and earn a permanent role on the top line/top 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad