The Negativity-**Only** Thread (A Place to go to vent) II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Montross

Askarov.
Oct 4, 2013
Every time I say that I get told the GM isn't the problem, so I just quit saying it.

For some reason David Poile gets a free pass, though his record of misses outweighs his hits. We can all agree that the trade for Forsberg was really good. The contract he got Josi to sign was also very good. When you criticize him, people throw those in your face to tell you how wrong you are.

But then you look at the complete lack of being able to draft any centers, or for the most part forwards. You look things such as a completely head-scratching, overpaying trade for Franson last season. Hell, Poile even later admitted Franson wasn't a good fit for the team. The annual perplexing Jokinen and Roy-type reclamation projects (which point to lack of actual forward talent in the system).

I think David Poile's NHL doesn't exist anymore, and he has been reluctant to change. I thought he should have left with Trotz, and nothing has changed my mind.

I always continue to have hope, I always hope the team can find a way to win, but honestly I have been pessimistic for quite a while now.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Venting after yet another frustratingly awful performance tonight...

It is now apparent that the first half of last season was some type of mirage. Sadly it did not dissipate fast enough for Poile to hold back before blowing yet another one of our 1st round picks in a futile attempt to bolster a team that once again failed in the playoffs. Some blame the new guys for being the reason the team lost. "Chemistry lost" or something along those lines. No, I think we simply regressed back to the Predator mean and have stayed there ever since. We were running with a high shot % and Rinne was playing out of his mind making some amazing highlight reel saves on a near nightly basis. Now Rinne is showing his mortality and nothing can make up for our defensively inept forwards.

I do think this squad might actually play better under Trotz hockey. They have absolutely no scoring capability so might as well go full turtle.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
This team is shaking up the world of physics.

In that world for years we have known Matter and anit-matter.

This team is proving the theory of "It don't Matter"

Want these three forwards on a line.. It don't Matter
Want defensemen to outpace forwards in scoring. It don't Matter
Want to make rookie goalies look like allstars. It don't Matter
Can Shea Weber shoot 108MPH. It don't Matter
Should we trade player X. It don't Matter
Will we be *****ing and moaning about a trade the next two day. It don't Matter

Feel free to add your own

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
How long until Colorado and Winnipeg pass us in the standings?

I know last night can't be hung on Rinne but I think we need to get rid of him. Yes, he's not as bad as he's been this year but he's clearly regressing, he's not getting any younger, and we're not contending anytime soon. His contract is going to be an albatross as early as next year.

twig

Dec 8, 2013
How long until Colorado and Winnipeg pass us in the standings?

I know last night can't be hung on Rinne but I think we need to get rid of him. Yes, he's not as bad as he's been this year but he's clearly regressing, he's not getting any younger, and we're not contending anytime soon. His contract is going to be an albatross as early as next year.

About the 3/4 season mark.

Hockeynight17

Jan 6, 2016
Will someone explain to me why a pure sniper like James Neal is standing in front of the net on the power play. He is going to get killed standing in front of the net one of these times a slap shot comes in from Shea Weber!! Neal should be off to the right side of the circle and let him shoot the puck. So frustrating when he should be scoring more often but not being utilized properly.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
I was positive the last two days now back to my regularly scheduled hand wringing.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Can't even wait until after the game? Ouch.

Eeeeeeeee if they lose this game there will be enough calling for more heads it would feel like im just jumpin on.

Did not want to make a separate post about this but. I have been pointed out as worrying too much about things related to this team.. Am I wrong to not worry about Nystrom???? A guy that coming in we knew was not a top notch player. Do I care if the guy is slow????? Not really positionally I have seen a lot worse and a couple on the team now. I would like to see him as a snot knocker but he does not do too much of that. But I would like Weber to knock snot more too. Nystrom is the team whipping boy I get that. But why criticize those of us for being critical of Smith, Wilson an entire 3rd line that has been MIA for the best part of two years. Yet Poor Nystrom a 4th liner gets hell beat out of him because he can't skate like Smith and score like FF and defend like Fish.... Really... Im not a Nystrom fan at all could care less if hes here or not but him being gone does not open a spot for Fiala or a talented player. You want to open that spot get Jarnkroks smurf ass off the ice there a spot Fiala could fill better yet make me happy as a pig in slop boot Smiths ass.

Last edited:

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Please, the hate on Nystrom is well founded, much more than your hate of Smith over the last several years.

The Nystrom hate is mainly fueled by the fact that he is way overpaid for his spot and what he brings to the table. Most want him gone to free up the cap space. If he was making sub 2 mil a season a ton of the Nystrom hate would go away.

That said, he is slow and a waste of a roster spot, especially when you have cheaper more effective options sitting on the bench or in the AHL.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Please, the hate on Nystrom is well founded, much more than your hate of Smith over the last several years.

The Nystrom hate is mainly fueled by the fact that he is way overpaid for his spot and what he brings to the table. Most want him gone to free up the cap space. If he was making sub 2 mil a season a ton of the Nystrom hate would go away.

That said, he is slow and a waste of a roster spot, especially when you have cheaper more effective options sitting on the bench or in the AHL.

Again I ask was Nystrom signed to play top 6 and be a goal scorer if you believe he was then there is not much I can tell you.

Again if Nystrom was bought out all they are doing is creating dead cap. Something that's rarely a good idea unless your Philly.

Booting Nystrom opens a 4th line spot so I suppose your for buying out or waiving Goose also to create two spots for Fiala and Kamenev to play on the 4th line. ?????

If Lavi want to scratch Nystrom and goose to let Jarnkrok center Salomaki on a wing and Watson on the other then Borque needs to go too. There are more than enough chances to sit people that have been playing 3rd and 4th lines.

As to Smith well the guy is paid to perform like a top 6 player and he is falling short. If he and Wilson were filling those roles Poile would not be rumored to be tryin to fill those spots. If Kamenev and Fiala were ready they would be in those roles.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Again I ask was Nystrom signed to play top 6 and be a goal scorer if you believe he was then there is not much I can tell you.

Again if Nystrom was bought out all they are doing is creating dead cap. Something that's rarely a good idea unless your Philly.

Booting Nystrom opens a 4th line spot so I suppose your for buying out or waiving Goose also to create two spots for Fiala and Kamenev to play on the 4th line. ?????

If Lavi want to scratch Nystrom and goose to let Jarnkrok center Salomaki on a wing and Watson on the other then Borque needs to go too. There are more than enough chances to sit people that have been playing 3rd and 4th lines.

As to Smith well the guy is paid to perform like a top 6 player and he is falling short. If he and Wilson were filling those roles Poile would not be rumored to be tryin to fill those spots. If Kamenev and Fiala were ready they would be in those roles.

You are arguing something no one is saying. No one thinks Nystrom should be playing a top 6 role, nor expecting it. The space he frees up allows a guy like Sissons, heck even Borque when healthy to slot in there who is far better at the energy game than Nystrom and bring the same PK spot. There are a whole host of players that can slide in there that are cheaper and would do a better job. Cap space, it is a thing, which you know from your arguments over Wilson and Smiths contracts. That space can be used for other trades or things that aren't currently on the team, it doesn't have to stay dead space.

Goose is fine, he does his job, or at least has for the most part. Overpaid maybe, but at least you could argue he brings something that no one else can. He will also be gone at the end of the season or have a reduced contract so not a big deal.

No one wants Kamenev or Fiala on the 4th, you are arguing **** just to argue it with that postition.

Smith is being paid top 6 sure, and prior to this first half of the season has done that, and even then you weren't happy. If Smith put up 40 you'd still have some snide comment about the guy.

Your dislike of Smith is unhealthy, where as the dislike for Nystrom is more about moving a player that brings very little to the table and doesn't have the potential to and is at a stupid cap hit.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013

Nystrom's play doesn't even warrant an AHL roster spot it's so bad. Notice I said roster spot not ice time. You say was he signed to play top 6, no but he can't even play the 12th spot he's so bad.

And as to if Fiala and Kamenev were ready they would fill those spots..... No because we are once again overloaded with bloat. CoHo doesn't belong.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Well im no fan of Nystrom and if he were gone it would not mean a hill of beans when it comes to making this team better.

And it seems I will become a Smith fan before any of the Nystrom bashers realize he really does not matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad