The Negativity-**Only** Thread (A Place to go to vent) II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Sure he matters, he is eating cap space and doing a pissed poor job on the PK. Heck worse comes to it drop Jarnkrok to that spot and bring Fiala up.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Sure he matters, he is eating cap space and doing a pissed poor job on the PK. Heck worse comes to it drop Jarnkrok to that spot and bring Fiala up.

Exactly. Byrd, you are the one who is all about the cap yet you don't give a *%#$% about this wasted $$$$.

GeauxPreds

Jul 5, 2013
Someone please tell me Ribs doesn't have another season on his contract after this. His laziness on the ice has managed to surpass kostitsyns

GeauxPreds

Jul 5, 2013
How many games this season have we failed to keep the opponents under 3?

quick tally shows 22 games where we've conceded 3 or more goals

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Nystrom's play doesn't even warrant an AHL roster spot it's so bad. Notice I said roster spot not ice time. You say was he signed to play top 6, no but he can't even play the 12th spot he's so bad.

And as to if Fiala and Kamenev were ready they would fill those spots..... No because we are once again overloaded with bloat. CoHo doesn't belong.

Sure I care about these wasted dollars but there is a difference in dollars wasted. If you buy a guy out you just extend the pain. Next year Stalbergs buyout goes up to 1.6. Nystrom is pretty much untradeable with a M NMC. So buying him out is the only option. Again it really does not matter either way to me.

If we want to discuss contracts that are concerning? We will start with a guy I do like Rinne. Im not saying he has not been worth it in fact he has carried this team for a number of years but its pretty apparent he has either taken a step back or just can not play in Lavi"s system. So we have 3 more years at 7 mil and a full NMC. Weber well his drop off is at hand and there a lot of cap left in him. Fish, Riberio im pretty sure your the one that made the statement to me last off season that we signed the two best centers available and I guess that's true but both have taken epic steps backward in there game there contracts like Nystrom are not long so they can be managed. Smith is on pace for 28 points and Wilson 34 points both with bloated contracts and both significantly under the production they should be. Hodgson was also a bad signing if there was no plan to use him where he was productive in the past then whats the use.

Without a doubt this team is still in need of talent to be added. RJ is a good start and we now have a legit 1st line if Lavi will put them together. the middle 6 are what some would call a dumpster fire and the attempt to try and run 3 scoring lines continues to fail.

The organization took a big step moving Jones and there committed now. I expect Poile will make more moves now to transform this team away from Trotz to Lavi finally.

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
Nystrom and Gaustad both suck massively. They need to go. Bring up Sissons. Put Watson on one wing and Bourque on the other. It couldn't be any worse than what these two suckpots bring.

KreamofAskarov

Here for fun
Dec 26, 2010
Canada
Nystrom and Gaustad both suck massively. They need to go. Bring up Sissons. Put Watson on one wing and Bourque on the other. It couldn't be any worse than what these two suckpots bring.

I agree with this.

I do still believe in Wilson and Smith (not so much Smith yesterday) to be good top 9 forwards. If we do make the playoffs, which I think we will, hopefully they can play at the same level they did last year.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Weber is worth the money now, whether he will be in a few years is the big question. Rinne on the other hand needs to get his **** together and fast.

GeauxPreds

Jul 5, 2013
Man, in retrospect the klein for mdz trade is looking worse and worse right now. He would be a huge help on this roster. Not saying there's any scenario where keeping him over the long run makes sense for the roster but if we still had him now...

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Weber is worth the money now, whether he will be in a few years is the big question. Rinne on the other hand needs to get his **** together and fast.

Weber is worth the money now but he will never play to age 40. we are going to eat cap my guess is 5 years on Weber. 35 or 36 is about all I see him playing. Rinne may be around until the end of his contract but his best years are behind him.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Weber is worth the money now but he will never play to age 40. we are going to eat cap my guess is 5 years on Weber. 35 or 36 is about all I see him playing. Rinne may be around until the end of his contract but his best years are behind him.

I don't know, I think he could play that long, be an effective top line D? Yeah 35-36 tops.

Rinne I agree is just about done, or at least that unstoppable Rinne is just about done. At this point I think the best we can hope for is that Saros comes up and takes the spot on a cheap contract, and Rinne is his backup until it runs.

I'm not set that the contracts kill us, but they certainly will cause an issue.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
yep and not to mention his impact diminishing every season currently. people can disagree but other than weber fans I think it's apparent. josi has surpassed him unfortunately. weber is my favorite player currently but I have a feeling I will be resenting that contract very soon.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
You know the 4th line wouldn't suck so much if they were off the ice during PK time BECAUSE SMITH CAUSED SO MANY DAMNED PENALTIES!!!!!

Infinite Jest

Apr 26, 2013
goaltending is what makes or breaks this team it seems for the most part. and rinne just plain sucks to put it nicely.

I found this interesting regarding Rinne, maybe it's more a terrible PK than a terrible Rinne, or at least they deserve part of the blame:

I'm actually looking deeper into the numbers.

These are Rinne's 5 on 5 save percentages in his career (I threw out the injury plagued 2013-14 season.)

2008-09 - 92.78%
2009-10 - 92.75%
2010-11 - 93.56%
2011-12 - 92.69%
2012-13 - 92.92%
2014-15 - 93.66%
2015-16 - 92.78%

Looks to me that he's pretty much the same goalie as he's always been, at least at 5 on 5.

Look at his numbers shorthanded now. (Again, threw out the 2013-14 season)

2008-09 - 86.89%
2009-10 - 83.77%
2010-11 - 91.93%
2011-12 - 88.81%
2012-13 - 82.52%
2014-15 - 86.15%
2015-16 - 81.82%

Now the question is, who do the SH goals belong too? Is it poor penalty killing? Poor goaltending? A combination of both with equal blame or more blame going to one side or the other?

I don't know, that's probably a better question for those that watch the whole game. The good news is, he's basically the same goalie he's always been when we play 5 on 5. Everything falls apart when the team is shorthanded.

So either take less penalties or figure out why your PK is so bad.

jusu11

Jun 27, 2012
Last night I didn't feel that there was any chance that our lines 2-4 would have scored a goal. With first line out there is a possibility but don't really care about the rest tbh. Ribeiro is not good enough, Smith is horrible, Arvy is not getting it done, fourth line sucks, Rinne is not playing as he should be and the list goes on and on...

Oh and good that they played Granberg. At least he's +- was 0. Ekholm is also a good hockey player!

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Last night I didn't feel that there was any chance that our lines 2-4 would have scored a goal. With first line out there is a possibility but don't really care about the rest tbh. Ribeiro is not good enough, Smith is horrible, Arvy is not getting it done, fourth line sucks, Rinne is not playing as he should be and the list goes on and on...

Oh and good that they played Granberg. At least he's +- was 0. Ekholm is also a good hockey player!

Ekholm is so over looked until he makes a mistake then people scream like banshee's how bad he is forgetting he had done a solid job for 8 games prior. Your evaluation of the lines is accurate also.

Did the team even miss Wilson last night I would say no. There was not a situation I saw during the game and thought Wilson would have made a difference there. The young guys are over there head in terms of what we need right now. Arvidsson Salomaki are at most going to be 3rd liners but they are not really ready for that. Jarnkrok is a 4th liner and next year I expect we will see Borque Jarnkrok and Watson as the 4th line.

Poile is going to have to find a 2nd line from scratch we do not have one player capable. Both Ribs and Fish are no more than 3rd line now and that hurts. If Poile is somehow able to snag Druion as much as im against bringing Fiala up I would do so and put them between Hodgson. Wilson and Smith need to be moved we do not have the extra talent to carry them night in night out until they have a little hot streak and help the team. With there contracts I do not expect the return will be great.

The addition of RJ should have sparked this team into a few games of good hockey but it has not the newness will wear off before they get home. RJ, Neal, FF are the ones that need to play together and not split up and build the bottom 9. The longer Poile drags out addressing this the more pain the fans will endure. There are trades that can be made he needs to make a decision if he wants to throw this season away and rest this team or plow on miss the playoffs anyway and address the rebuild in the summer. And make no mistake we are in a re-build now.

predfan98

Aug 5, 2007
Ekholm is so over looked until he makes a mistake then people scream like banshee's how bad he is forgetting he had done a solid job for 8 games prior. Your evaluation of the lines is accurate also.

Did the team even miss Wilson last night I would say no. There was not a situation I saw during the game and thought Wilson would have made a difference there. The young guys are over there head in terms of what we need right now. Arvidsson Salomaki are at most going to be 3rd liners but they are not really ready for that. Jarnkrok is a 4th liner and next year I expect we will see Borque Jarnkrok and Watson as the 4th line.

Poile is going to have to find a 2nd line from scratch we do not have one player capable. Both Ribs and Fish are no more than 3rd line now and that hurts. If Poile is somehow able to snag Druion as much as im against bringing Fiala up I would do so and put them between Hodgson. Wilson and Smith need to be moved we do not have the extra talent to carry them night in night out until they have a little hot streak and help the team. With there contracts I do not expect the return will be great.

The addition of RJ should have sparked this team into a few games of good hockey but it has not the newness will wear off before they get home. RJ, Neal, FF are the ones that need to play together and not split up and build the bottom 9. The longer Poile drags out addressing this the more pain the fans will endure. There are trades that can be made he needs to make a decision if he wants to throw this season away and rest this team or plow on miss the playoffs anyway and address the rebuild in the summer. And make no mistake we are in a re-build now.

I agree the longer poile lets this go on, the worse it becomes.

But I want a massive coaching turnover for do many reasons. Lavis system doesn't work !,

I agree rinne has been average at best. What is it, the surgery, mental, or his style of play. Get a new freaking goalie coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad