The Negativity-**Only** Thread (A Place to go to vent) II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave is a killer

Dave's a Mess
Oct 17, 2002
Cumming GA
I agree the longer poile lets this go on, the worse it becomes.

But I want a massive coaching turnover for do many reasons. Lavis system doesn't work !,

I agree rinne has been average at best. What is it, the surgery, mental, or his style of play. Get a new freaking goalie coach.

Father time has caught up with him, he just isn't there anymore and yea the goalie coach should be fired, there are deeper problems with this team though and the question is should we go all in or become sellers

PredsHabs

Jul 9, 2013
Lyles,TN
Father time has caught up with him, he just isn't there anymore and yea the goalie coach should be fired, there are deeper problems with this team though and the question is should we go all in or become sellers

I think we could build a better team as sellers. JMO But its not going to happen because Poile is all in now.

But the bigger question is who is your core?

One thing is for sure we might want to hold on to our 1st because it keeps getting more valuable after each game and this is a rough stretch of hockey coming up.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
I think we could build a better team as sellers. JMO But its not going to happen because Poile is all in now.

One thing is for sure we might want to hold on to our 1st because it keeps getting more valuable after each game and this is a rough stretch of hockey coming up.

Unless the pick is top 5 the 1st is pretty meaningless. The drop off is pretty sharp the top 5 are solid any of the rest are years away. And the only sure fire hit will be Mathews even Tkachuk will probably need a year before making into the league. The pick will be more valuable the more we move up but that does not mean that it should not be used as part of a package to get better.

At this point any moves that are made will probably have to be multi players or picks to improve. The chip has been played moving the defenseman now we need those that are left.

jusu11

Jun 27, 2012

Going a bit off topic but the core for me right now is:

G

Rinne
Saros

D

Weber
Josi
Ekholm
Ellis

F

Johansen
Forsberg
Neal
Fisher
Kamenev
Fiala
Vesey (if he signs)

These are the players I don't want to give up. Other than that... I am open to move anyone.

PredsHabs

Jul 9, 2013
Lyles,TN
Unless the pick is top 5 the 1st is pretty meaningless. The drop off is pretty sharp the top 5 are solid any of the rest are years away. And the only sure fire hit will be Mathews even Tkachuk will probably need a year before making into the league. The pick will be more valuable the more we move up but that does not mean that it should not be used as part of a package to get better.

At this point any moves that are made will probably have to be multi players or picks to improve. The chip has been played moving the defenseman now we need those that are left.

Not saying it will happen but we are 8 points out of the cellar in the west right now.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Not saying it will happen but we are 8 points out of the cellar in the west right now.

Yeah im guessin we will pick around 9 or 10. Right in the area where we get a guy that has potential that may or may not develop and we will wait wait wait, some will be calling for him to be on the team next year. This is the area we picked Wilson and Watson and the results would about be the same. Now if Poile stays true there are a coupe defensemen in that area that could be had and he is going to need to stock up on high end talent for the true replacement for Weber this year or next when we draft that guy.

Scoresberg

Perpetual Mediocrity
May 28, 2015
Earth
Byrd, this year's draft class is very talented but also very underrated. You are correct, we need to draft a dman and there are some pretty good dmen available in the top 15 where we will draft.

Dave is a killer

Dave's a Mess
Oct 17, 2002
Cumming GA

My core as of now is the same as jusu11's

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Heres a little stat that will make you think. Last year this team has 6 players with over 40 PIM. This year there are 11 pacing to have over 40 min. Weber lead the team last year with 72 PIM. Jackman, Riberio and Neal can all have 100 each this season. Arvidsson, Josi and Forsberg are pacing for around 50 PIM each. Fish, Ekholm, Ellis, Borque, Smith pacing at 40 PIM.

Even if the PK was better this is significant from last year. This is something that coaching can effect. Self discipline where has it gone.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Heres a little stat that will make you think. Last year this team has 6 players with over 40 PIM. This year there are 11 pacing to have over 40 min. Weber lead the team last year with 72 PIM. Jackman, Riberio and Neal can all have 100 each this season. Arvidsson, Josi and Forsberg are pacing for around 50 PIM each. Fish, Ekholm, Ellis, Borque, Smith pacing at 40 PIM.

Even if the PK was better this is significant from last year. This is something that coaching can effect. Self discipline where has it gone.

To be fair when you struggle you tend to take more stupid penalties by not paying attention to detail and rushing things.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
To be fair when you struggle you tend to take more stupid penalties by not paying attention to detail and rushing things.

What you say has some merit but when JAckman, Ribs and Neal look like there gonna have 100 each that's a little more than a few more penalties taken in frustration. Except for Jackman who is probably now the team enforcer. He is doing the rough stuff Weber did last year and Webers minutes are down. Reguardless with a poor PK no matter what reason you have to show more self control.

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
Byrd, one thing to think about with those PIM's, how many misconducts has Neal or Ribeiro taken already this season? Just something to think about because while they count as PIM's, they never put us down a man on the ice.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Byrd, one thing to think about with those PIM's, how many misconducts has Neal or Ribeiro taken already this season? Just something to think about because while they count as PIM's, they never put us down a man on the ice.

To add to this that Winnipeg game gave just about everyone not named Weber or Josi several penalty minutes. What did we have about 10 misconducts a side in that game.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007

Yeah I guess the misconduct does not cost you anything. You lose Riberio then Jarnkrok moves to the center im so excited.

SO far the team has 440 PIM 14 majors 2 of which are game misconduct. Last year 693 PIM for the year 17 majors and 1 game. SO its not just the misconducts. Many of the majors are for scraps and many of those form frustration I know. But the team is on track for 880 PIM Last year they would place them as the 7th most penalized team in the league. Amazingly as it is the 440 this year is just good enough for 10th in the league.

Reguardless with such a poor PK this bunch is in the box way too much.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Yeah I guess the misconduct does not cost you anything. You lose Riberio then Jarnkrok moves to the center im so excited.

SO far the team has 440 PIM 14 majors 2 of which are game misconduct. Last year 693 PIM for the year 17 majors and 1 game. SO its not just the misconducts. Many of the majors are for scraps and many of those form frustration I know. But the team is on track for 880 PIM Last year they would place them as the 7th most penalized team in the league. Amazingly as it is the 440 this year is just good enough for 10th in the league.

Reguardless with such a poor PK this bunch is in the box way too much.

Byrd,

The misconducts are more than the 2 game misconducts. We had somewhere between 5 and 10 regular misconducts in that Winnipeg game alone. Each of them count 10 minutes also, but dont eject you. I think Ribs has had 3 or 4 misconducts himself.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Byrd,

The misconducts are more than the 2 game misconducts. We had somewhere between 5 and 10 regular misconducts in that Winnipeg game alone. Each of them count 10 minutes also, but dont eject you. I think Ribs has had 3 or 4 misconducts himself.

We have 5 misconducts and 2 games for the year. I can't get the stats to post but that's what they are.

Wait was looking at last year we have 14 misconducts this year and 290 minutes of minors

Last edited:

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
We have 5 misconducts and 2 games for the year. I can't get the stats to post but that's what they are.

That has to be wrong. That Winnipeg game alone is below and in addition to that, Neal served a 10 minute penalty that wasn't listed.

PENALTY SUMMARY
1ST PERIOD
01:40 WPG Mark Stuart Tripping against Miikka Salomaki
07:11 NSH Ryan Ellis Hooking against Andrew Copp
2ND PERIOD
04:08 NSH Mike Ribeiro Tripping against Nikolaj Ehlers
09:20 WPG Chris Thorburn Game misconduct
09:20 NSH Barret Jackman Game misconduct
09:20 WPG Mark Stuart Unsportsmanlike conduct
09:20 NSH Austin Watson Unsportsmanlike conduct
09:20 WPG Chris Thorburn Fighting (maj) against Barret Jackman
09:20 NSH Barret Jackman Fighting (maj) against Chris Thorburn
09:20 WPG Adam Lowry Fighting (maj) against Colton Sissons
09:20 NSH Colton Sissons Fighting (maj) against Adam Lowry
13:09 NSH Mattias Ekholm Slashing against Drew Stafford
3RD PERIOD
04:44 NSH James Neal Unsportsmanlike conduct
04:44 NSH Mike Fisher Unsportsmanlike conduct
04:44 NSH Mattias Ekholm Unsportsmanlike conduct
04:44 NSH Colin Wilson Unsportsmanlike conduct
04:44 NSH Pekka Rinne Goalie leave crease
04:44 WPG Mark Scheifele Unsportsmanlike conduct
04:44 WPG Blake Wheeler Unsportsmanlike conduct
04:44 WPG Drew Stafford Unsportsmanlike conduct
04:44 WPG Jacob Trouba Unsportsmanlike conduct
04:44 WPG Mark Stuart Unsportsmanlike conduct
04:44 WPG Andrew Copp Unsportsmanlike conduct
04:44 NSH Miikka Salomaki Slashing against Blake Wheeler
04:44 NSH Ryan Ellis Unsportsmanlike conduct
07:06 WPG Mark Stuart Interference against Mike Ribeiro
07:16 WPG Jacob Trouba Misconduct (10 min)
07:16 WPG Dustin Byfuglien Misconduct (10 min)
07:16 NSH Filip Forsberg Misconduct (10 min)
07:16 NSH Gabriel Bourque Misconduct (10 min) against Jacob Trouba
08:40 WPG Ben Chiarot Misconduct (10 min) against Mike Ribeiro
08:40 WPG Ben Chiarot Interference against Mike Ribeiro
08:40 NSH Mike Ribeiro Misconduct (10 min) against Ben Chiarot
11:08 WPG Tyler Myers Hi stick - double minor against Miikka Salomaki
11:08 WPG Tyler Myers Misconduct (10 min)

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
That has to be wrong. That Winnipeg game alone is below and in addition to that, Neal served a 10 minute penalty that wasn't listed.

PENALTY SUMMARY
1ST PERIOD
01:40 WPG Mark Stuart Tripping against Miikka Salomaki
07:11 NSH Ryan Ellis Hooking against Andrew Copp
2ND PERIOD
04:08 NSH Mike Ribeiro Tripping against Nikolaj Ehlers
09:20 WPG Chris Thorburn Game misconduct
09:20 NSH Barret Jackman Game misconduct
09:20 WPG Mark Stuart Unsportsmanlike conduct
09:20 NSH Austin Watson Unsportsmanlike conduct
09:20 WPG Chris Thorburn Fighting (maj) against Barret Jackman04:44 NSH Colin Wilson Unsportsmanlike conduct
09:20 NSH Barret Jackman Fighting (maj) against Chris Thorburn
09:20 WPG Adam Lowry Fighting (maj) against Colton Sissons
09:20 NSH Colton Sissons Fighting (maj) against Adam Lowry
13:09 NSH Mattias Ekholm Slashing against Drew Stafford
3RD PERIOD
04:44 NSH James Neal Unsportsmanlike conduct
04:44 NSH Mike Fisher Unsportsmanlike conduct
04:44 NSH Mattias Ekholm Unsportsmanlike conduct

04:44 NSH Pekka Rinne Goalie leave crease
04:44 WPG Mark Scheifele Unsportsmanlike conduct
04:44 WPG Blake Wheeler Unsportsmanlike conduct
04:44 WPG Drew Stafford Unsportsmanlike conduct
04:44 WPG Jacob Trouba Unsportsmanlike conduct
04:44 WPG Mark Stuart Unsportsmanlike conduct
04:44 WPG Andrew Copp Unsportsmanlike conduct
04:44 NSH Miikka Salomaki Slashing against Blake Wheeler
04:44 NSH Ryan Ellis Unsportsmanlike conduct
07:06 WPG Mark Stuart Interference against Mike Ribeiro
07:16 WPG Jacob Trouba Misconduct (10 min)
07:16 WPG Dustin Byfuglien Misconduct (10 min)
07:16 NSH Filip Forsberg Misconduct (10 min)
07:16 NSH Gabriel Bourque Misconduct (10 min) against Jacob Trouba
08:40 WPG Ben Chiarot Misconduct (10 min) against Mike Ribeiro
08:40 WPG Ben Chiarot Interference against Mike Ribeiro
08:40 NSH Mike Ribeiro Misconduct (10 min) against Ben Chiarot
11:08 WPG Tyler Myers Hi stick - double minor against Miikka Salomaki
11:08 WPG Tyler Myers Misconduct (10 min)

Ok you have made your point. we still have 290 of minors that's 145 or a little over 3.5 per game. If you think that is not significant ok. My point is our penalties are up minor major misconduct. When the PK is 29th in the league they need to stay out of the box. The net result of all those in the Peg game offset pretty much. It is the ones that put us a man down that is the issue.

SlapshotMe

Sep 21, 2015
While you guys are trying to come up with solutions all I can see if that this team is ****ing terrible. I don't know how a team that ranks so high in shot attempts can have such a hard time scoring. And I don't understand how a team with a supposedly great defense has such a hard time preventing the other team from scoring.

I swear, it feels like the Preds get so many attempts but struggle to get GOOD attempts and their opponents get very few chances but score on a high frequency (I guess this is Rinne's fault).

Not sure what the solution is, it's not like we don't have chances.

twig

Dec 8, 2013
To all of you nppg players...if you pick pred players,you probably
Won't get many points.
Just my two.
Hope I'm wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad